The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My life sucks, so I'm going to make $1,000,000 in 12 months

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Jakeeck

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jun 24, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
It's time to set some real f*ckin goals. I'm fed up with my half-a$$ goals, shitty life, and shifty decision making. I have a progress thread on the INSIDERS, but it has no definite goals, just "do as much as possible" or "provide as much value as possible." I've come to realize those are shitty goals because you can't make a plan to "do as much as possible" or "provide as much value as possible".

It's time to see what committing 1 year of my life to something can bring me. I have the perfect life situation to do it, so f*ck it.

Therefore, I'm going to make $1,000,000 by November 11th, 2015. I'm going to do it in the fitness industry. Books/products/anything else I come up with.

Where I stand with it: I've got 1 book out. It has made around 20-30 sales on amazon. I have another one in the works about halfway done. I just finished a free offer for opt-ins. Now I'm going to use my KDP select free promotion days to drive the downloaders of my book to my site, where they will opt-in for my free e-book so I can start building a list. I know my stuff adds value to people; I just have to keep improving, keep putting products out, and market the shit out of them.

On top of that, I'm going to add some amazing feats of strength that are going to help me not only become a badass MF'er, but also give me significant credibility in my industry.

Feats:

Bench 350x1 (Current max: 245x5)
Squat: 400x1 (Current max: 215x5)
Deadlift: 450x1 (Current max: 300x6)
20 Handstand Push-Ups (Can hold a handstand coming off of a wall for 5-6 seconds)
Full Planche (Can do a tuck planche)
Manna (Can do Tuck L-sit)
Front Lever (Can do advanced tuck front lever)
Back Lever (Haven't tried yet, using skin the cats to stretch shoulders currently)
3 1-arm pullups (with each arm) (Getting better at controlled negatives, not fully controlled yet)
Splits 3 inches below parallel (Idk exactly how far I am, getting closer to normal splits, been practicing flexibility for over a month now)

Money:
Month 1- $1,000
Month 2- $2,000
Month 3- $4,000
Month 4- $8,000
Month 5- $15,000
Month 6- $25,000
Month 7- $50,000
Month 8- $100,000
Month 9- $250,000
Month 10- $450,000
Month 11- $700,000
Month 12- $1,000,000

Right now I make a little less than $1,000 a month (mostly freelance writing), and it stresses me out.

Main things I need to work on:
1. Collaborating with people. I can't do this on my own.
2. Improve my work ethic a little bit day by day.

After this post I will be activating a chrome app that blocks all sites that I spend too much time on. From 8am-8pm MST I will not be allowed on any of those sites, this being one of them. If any mod wants to ban me for coming on this site between those hours, please feel free.

I'll update my daily earnings every night.

FYI: I will not be acknowledging negative posts. Only positivity for me from here on out. That's not to say I will ignore constructive criticism. I need that. If I say anything negative or downer-like in this thread, I'd like for mods to feel free to ban me for that, too.

Today is the day I instantly change my life. I encourage anyone else to do the same.

Have a wonderful Tuesday.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Geeko

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Jul 19, 2014
Why is your bench higher than your squat? Nvm that doesn't matter. Looking forward to seeing your progression. Ive been making ok money buying and selling stuff i buy from garage sales (just a suggestion for some start up).

Sent from my fish using splash

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
It's time to set some real f*ckin goals. I'm fed up with my half-a$$ goals, shitty life, and shifty decision making. I have a progress thread on the INSIDERS, but it has no definite goals, just "do as much as possible" or "provide as much value as possible." I've come to realize those are shitty goals because you can't make a plan to "do as much as possible" or "provide as much value as possible".

Negative thoughts produce negative words, negative words become negative actions, negative actions lead to negative outcomes.

FYI: I will not be acknowledging negative posts. Only positivity for me from here on out. That's not to say I will ignore constructive criticism. I need that. If I say anything negative or downer-like in this thread, I'd like for mods to feel free to ban me for that, too.

If you don't want negative posts! Or negative outcomes don't invite people to give you negative ones. If your negative towards feedback and mods! You fail to collaborate. Just my opinion and experience from my own journey, but you'll have to deal with negative people in your business, have negative reviewers, negative abusers. When those people ruffle your feathers, there's something inside of you that needs to be worked out. What are they triggering? And you have to learn to know what that trigger is, that emotion, that feeling, and know where it comes from and rip it out like a weed. So, you can try to avoid negative feedback, but sooner or later you will still be faced with learning the same lesson. And probably the better solution would be to learn to stay in balance and neutral and not allow negative feed back to knock you off your horse. You're not going to like everything someone says to you. Nor will everyone like you, love you, or agree with you.

How you handle yourself and respond is the lesson.

Writer

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Aug 26, 2014
Texas. (Mars during summer)
[QUOTE="Jakeeck, post: 413834, member: 24278]
FYI: I will not be acknowledging negative posts. Only positivity for me from here on out. [/QUOTE]

Some food for thought. Please observe that your willingness to act, and your burining desire to create $1M in wealth comes from a negative thought, "my life sucks". You wouldn't start a new journey if you were living in Disneyland. Recognize the importance of negative thoughts, just don't be overwhelmed by them. Negativity might create needs, which in turn creates action.

Harry321

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
May 28, 2014
Thats a pretty lofty goal you have there! Definitely can see that your motivated, but I'm interested to see how these goals are more actionable than your previous ones. Obviously the financial targets are great, but have you thought about what you would like to be happening in October 2015? Great companies are built by owners who have a vision of the company once it has become succesful.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Therefore, I'm going to make $1,000,000 by November 11th, 2015. I'm going to do it in the fitness industry. Books/products/anything else I come up with.

You are going to need to do better than this. This is not a game plan, it's BS.

liquidglass

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Oct 24, 2011

Amen.

So let's see you're going to double your income in December....how? By the way you don't have too long to think about that, because you have to double Decembers income in January. I'm assuming we're talking net profit and not gross.

Without a proper plan you're just setting yourself up to be increasingly disappointed each month until you give up out of frustration. So I give you 3 months. That's how long raw motivation usually lasts, I've been there, so I'm not bashing on you, just giving you a different perspective.

You seem to like to workout so let me parallel it for you. If you were doing squats at 100lbs this month, do you think you could do 200lbs next month? I don't see why not if you work hard enough. But what about the third month when you start doing 400lbs...hmmm that would be a little trickier. Then the 4th month you'd be squatting 800lbs. See where I'm going with this?

Just like you didn't hit your current max in the gym within a month or two you can't double your max within a month much less every single month on a compounded growth rate.

Good luck.

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
Writing numbers on a single post is an event. I look forward to coming back to this post to like and rep transfer when you hit your three month goal. At that point, it will have become a process, and processes I can get behind.

Not to put you on blast, but looking at the members of this forum who have "recently" made the transition from not killing it to killing it, @Likwid24, @Vick @JasonR, @ChickenHawk etc. it seems that it takes at least a year just to get the "money tree" through its germination phase and ready to make some fruit then, sometime after that, you hit a million.

If you're not well and truly deep into watering a very viable tree, you absolutely will not make a million bucks by this time next year. That's not trash talk or hating, that's God's truth.

Harestock09

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Sep 22, 2014
Hey,

Well done for deciding things need to change - really important step. Good to see plenty of ambition too.

What you're missing is the link between the ambition and the $$$.

To succeed, you need to work out exactly what you are going to do, each week/month, to achieve your goals. You need a specific and measurable plan of action that you can review progress against.

For me, physical feats are unlikely to cut it - the world's already full of wonderfully athletic people. One of my concerns would be that you spend all this time trying / training to perform physical challenges rather than making money.

Happy to chat about business planning and strategy any time - fire a PM over if you want.

Emanuel

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Jun 23, 2014
USA
How about you try to make $2k a month first (even if it takes you a year) and go from there?

Writer

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Aug 26, 2014
Amen.

So let's see you're going to double your income in December....how? By the way you don't have too long to think about that, because you have to double Decembers income in January. I'm assuming we're talking net profit and not gross.

Without a proper plan you're just setting yourself up to be increasingly disappointed each month until you give up out of frustration. So I give you 3 months. That's how long raw motivation usually lasts, I've been there, so I'm not bashing on you, just giving you a different perspective.

You seem to like to workout so let me parallel it for you. If you were doing squats at 100lbs this month, do you think you could do 200lbs next month? I don't see why not if you work hard enough. But what about the third month when you start doing 400lbs...hmmm that would be a little trickier. Then the 4th month you'd be squatting 800lbs. See where I'm going with this?

Just like you didn't hit your current max in the gym within a month or two you can't double your max within a month much less every single month on a compounded growth rate.

Good luck.

Please allow me to chip in. I think that the problem is that desiring the $1M is the wrong goal, or wrong objective. If you think about it, it's the same goal of of the guy down the street who's spending $10 a week in his Powerball tickets. Actually, aiming to the $1M in a set amount of time as a goal is damaging to the lottery player as it could damage the OP.
Not bashing, I come from the same scool of thought. I might even have posted about my desire to reach $1M as soon as possible. However, I have now learned that I shouldn't give a crap about the $1M. That will come after I've created something, wether a product, a service or just financial action. Earning $1M means that I have TAKEN $1M from someone else; unless you're the Fed you can't create $1M (and if you're the Fed, please feel free to send me $1M).
I think that the OP is just expressing his desire to change his life, the same identical desire I have. I strongly suggest to change your satisfaction currency from $ to "Product".

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

CommonCents

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Apr 14, 2009
MN
Translate your goals into how many people you need to help reach their goals by providing them real value. Money is just a measuring stick of what value you bring to others.

liquidglass

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Oct 24, 2011
Please allow me to chip in. I think that the problem is that desiring the $1M is the wrong goal, or wrong objective. If you think about it, it's the same goal of of the guy down the street who's spending $10 a week in his Powerball tickets. Actually, aiming to the $1M in a set amount of time as a goal is damaging to the lottery player as it could damage the OP.
Not bashing, I come from the same scool of thought. I might even have posted about my desire to reach $1M as soon as possible. However, I have now learned that I shouldn't give a crap about the $1M. That will come after I've created something, wether a product, a service or just financial action. Earning $1M means that I have TAKEN $1M from someone else; unless you're the Fed you can't create $1M (and if you're the Fed, please feel free to send me $1M).
I think that the OP is just expressing his desire to change his life, the same identical desire I have. I strongly suggest to change your satisfaction currency from $ to "Product".

You make a great point @Writer, I appreciate you adding some more value to my post and the thread in general. I completely agree it's all about creating value and I think the OP knows that he's just more focused on the end result rather than the means to get there.

Earning $1M means that I have TAKEN $1M from someone else;

If you don't mind allow me to propose a small change to your post. You never take what someone gives you willingly. So If you earn 1M, then you earn it. Unless you're stealing from people you wouldn't have "taken" a dime. I'm sure you meant it very innocently, I just saw it as a possible subconscious negative view and wanted to make sure for anyone reading it later it shows the positive spin.

Writer

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Aug 26, 2014
You make a great point @Writer,

If you don't mind allow me to propose a small change to your post. You never take what someone gives you willingly. So If you earn 1M, then you earn it. Unless you're stealing from people you wouldn't have "taken" a dime. I'm sure you meant it very innocently, I just saw it as a possible subconscious negative view and wanted to make sure for anyone reading it later it shows the positive spin.

Thank you for your correction. Yes, I meant "earning". Honesty first and always.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Now that Kak's back I can sit back, smoke a cheap cigar, and relax on the tough love.

Peakdesire

Burning Desire to Succeed
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
May 16, 2014
Good luck on your journey.

I'm also in the fitness industry, well not yet, I'm starting my blog and I will write an ebook on fitness and another one on self-development.

G_Alexander

Does it Cash Flow?
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
941%
Jun 7, 2008

Thank you @Kak. I took a break from the forum awhile ago when event-driven posts like this were at an all time high.

Always great when FL veterans lay down the law. You didn't miss a beat. Love this place.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ

Martinv678

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Sep 6, 2013
Instead of looking at how much money you are going to make in the next year, how about taking a look at it like this...

Start creating or selingl a product that fills and solves a genuine problem.

Once you know you have a product that works follow this plan:

Month 1 : Sell this to at least 10 people.
Month 2 : 20 people.
Month 3 : 40 people
and so on...

As is stated in the NEED chapter of TMF .... "Don't chase money, chase needs".

If you continuing making such a positive effect on your industry, no doubt news will spread and this number will increase quickly.

Good Luck!

Jakeeck

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jun 24, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
Month 1: $39/1,000
oYOYaT3.png

Goodnight :)

JoeB

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jul 17, 2014
UK
Deciding to make $1,000,000 in one year "doing whatever ideas you come up with" seems daft to me, especially when in another thread you complain about you slacking and never doing any extra work. Once Month 2 arrives and you are not making $2000 you'll just get stressed and quit - that's down to bad goal setting.

You would have better success starting small, but heading towards bigger things.

Week1:
Work an extra half hour each day
Reduce extraneous web browsing by half an hour each day
Write a list of 5 fastlane ideas each day

Week2:
Work an extra hour each day
Reduce extraneous web browsing by an hour each day
Write a list of 10 fastlane ideas each day

By week 5 you should be used to putting in the extra work, have stopped looking at crappy websites all the time and have compiled a top 3 list of fastlane ideas to pursue.

The "all or nothing" approach of blocking all non-work focussed and working all the hours possible is the event, whereas you need to work a process to get there.

Also, working an extra X hours each day is something you CAN control, making $xx,xxx dollars a month is something you can't - BUT what you can control should lead towards your goal.

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
making $xx,xxx dollars a month is something you can't - BUT what you can control should lead towards your goal.

Isn't the whole point of this learning how to take control of your income and scaling it?

If the goal wasn't to make $1M in a year, but to work an extra hour a day, he would be successful at working 24 hours a day...because that was what he was focused on.

My 2¢.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.