The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

LAMBO-N-IT

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Mar 18, 2008
Canada
read it changed my way of thinking. wonder why my slowlane mentality took so long to open the damn thing. have had it since it was released. ridiculous on my part.

evlttwin

It's A Long Way To The Top....
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Feb 13, 2013
Southern California
"Futilely fruitless"

I don't know why this word combo bugged me so much that I highlighted it. Lol

Read the book and loved it btw.

Also the weighted decision matrix decision to stay in Detroit instead of move to Phoenix was a little off. I would have used a Zero for Safety in that matrix for Detroit. :)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Superman

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Feb 19, 2013
Toronto
I've read your book MJ. The moment I picked it up I could not put it back down until I finished the damn thing cover to cover and loved every page of it. Now I can't wait to implement what I've learnt. I had a great idea for a year now with very few competition in the education/technology sector. After reading your book I started implementing it, already seeing progress and results....I haven't even built it but set things in motion and spoken to potential customers....everyone is excited :)

Coop

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Mar 3, 2013
I've read it - definitely a solid read and I look forward to being a member here.

SNORKu

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Mar 1, 2013
Russia
I finished read this AWESOME book last week. and I want to say to MJ, Thank you a lot for so a big gift to the world!

It's changed my mind forever! everyone enterpreneur must read it. This book is PURE GOLD!

Thx

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

liite

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Nov 2, 2011
100% read it. I just became a fastlane INSIDERS (just waiting for it to be processed) so have a copy on my phone and a hard copy at home. Brilliant book, definitely one of those moments of "damn it why didn't I find this earlier? !?!" Thanks MJ

KopyKidd

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
394%
Oct 19, 2012
Washington, DC
I'm late as all hell with this, but I read the CRAP out of it... It changed my whole view on wealth and money. Easily one of the best books I've ever read.

Recently got a copy for my boyfriend too (a fastlane lady needs a fastlane man, after all)

MJ, you kick several kinds of a$$ :thumbsup:

davidjames42973

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Feb 3, 2013
I've read the book twice since I bought it 2 months ago and currently read a few pages of it everyday. It's weird because there are a lot of times when I'll flip to a page and it will relate to the difficulties I'm having with my business and with myself at that current moment.

This book motivates me on a daily basis. :)

Virtualgal

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Aug 14, 2012
I'm also on my second reading of The Millionaire Fastlane . I'm starting to 'get' the principles more and more now and will keep going back as many times as it takes to properly translate that into action. Thank you.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 3, 2013
I read it. Twice. I was highly skeptical the first time, but was unable to spot anything that was obviously BS. The second time I read it more closely, and agreed with the CENTS principles. It looks like MJ has done a good job documenting a process for accumulating wealth.

Are there case examples of forum members ("FastLaners") having success using the CENTS principles? I don't mean to sound negative, I am curious. Perhaps I will be one of the examples!

Some years ago, I read about the guy who wrote one of the first MP3 players, "WinAmp". He sold it to AOL, which offered him $300M in stock, or $65M in cash. He took the cash. Less than two years later, it was obvious he had made the right move. I think he retired at 23. When reading TMF , I was comparing him to MJ. I think the difference is, MJ looked back on what he had done, and codified it for others to repeat. It also appears MJ is still actively creating new businesses (perhaps a sequel to TMF will discuss them!).

In 1983, two wealthy commodities traders disagree over whether trading could be taught. So they trained 23 random people for 30 days, and then gave them each $250K to $2M to trade. Over the next 5 years, they made $175M. These "Turtle Traders" proved trading commodities could be taught to anyone. Perhaps MJ will create his own batch of "turtles" .

Last edited by a moderator:

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
I read your book a month ago....I've spotted a problem.. already...a need in my industry. I'm writing a business plan, ill get one investor..and rock and roll !

I know this will change my life and i will write and give you the details.

This is great!

fayeuk

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 3, 2013
Worcestershire, UK
I read this the 1st time round last year after hearing a few people say how it had changed their lives and their way of thinking, so decided to give it a go.
Admittedly it took me ages to get through it and some chapters I had to re-read as I was in a very dark place at the time sat at my mother's bedside day and night in hospital, but I must thank you MJ :thankyousign:, your book was a great distraction as well as very inspiring at a very sad time in my life, it definitely helped me see the things I had been doing all through my life and also the way I had been brought up to think was part of the reason I'v been stuck in the slow lane.
I have told myself loads of times over the years and others, that I will one day be a Millionaire but seems I've been spending too much time with the wrong partners, who seem happy to sit back with no ambition in life, constantly complaining they are bored or are only interested in whats on tv and I've been going the wrong way about things too.
Well time to stop looking in that mirror, the past is done, time to take action, I will be a millionaire!

Arrabista

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
400%
Jul 22, 2012
United Arab Emirates
Hi Mj ,

Read the book 3 times!

Great to refresh ..lots of nuggets in there man ... thank you once again ..
In TMF you write quick question did your older brother really pick on you for 12 years when you were growing up??
Just curious how your relationship is with him now...
My brother and i fought like cats and dogs when we were younger but as grown men i find we are getting closer as times go by ...
Cheers
Arrabista

schttrj

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 14, 2013
Finished it few days back, but that's just only one business you talked about. Any other business you are currently involved in?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Finished it few days back, but that's just only one business you talked about. Any other business you are currently involved in?

Yes, my publishing company. I'm NOT a "serial entrepreneur" -- the company I founded I owned for 10 YEARS with no other "side businesses" -- after I sold it, I started a publishing company (which was supposed to be a "hobby" more than anything LOL [Fail!]) which encompasses this forum, and the manufacturer, distribution, and promotion of TMF .

In TMF you write quick question did your older brother really pick on you for 12 years when you were growing up??
Just curious how your relationship is with him now...

He did. We did not have the best of relationships. However today, we have a great relationship - age and perspective is a great tool of wisdom.

I finished read this AWESOME book last week. and I want to say to MJ, Thank you a lot for so a big gift to the world!

Thanks, sorry for the problems with your registration.

vegasseo

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 5, 2013
Just joined the forum a couple days ago. The first thing I did was buy TMF. What a great read! I like the casual and laid back style (along with a sense of humor) of writing since it matches my personality. Opened up my mind to a couple of things for which I am grateful.

Azharr

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
Feb 24, 2013
Hi MJ,

I've read your book,thanks for sharing your experience with us struggle(rs) of life.

The book made me realized my existence as it is just temporary

(Chapter 26 time = "YOU WERE BORN RICH AND WILL DIE BROKE")

and it made me "somewhat" more religious.

"By time, Indeed, mankind is in loss, Except for those who have believed and done righteous deeds and advised each other to truth and advised each other to patience." 103:1-3

It leads me to wonder who am I? why am I here and all those real questions that I don't think anyone can answer... it's a divine thing I guess

Anyway I wonder if the real estate fastlane book is for me. location: Malaysia / Singapore different law & policy,I believe it replicates the British system

OzGrinder

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
I read it last year before joining the forum but haven't posted in this thread yet.
Since then I've recommended it to others.

It's not only an informative read but an entertaining one, and very inspirational. I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't a run of the mill 'get rich quick' book.

love your work.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Anyway I wonder if the real estate fastlane book is for me. location: Malaysia / Singapore different law & policy,I believe it replicates the British system

The RE Fastlane is a ripoff of MJ's book. It is not written by MJ. I am sure MJ does not endorse that book.

Mach79

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Feb 26, 2013
The midwestern US
I have read the book, twice, and keep it on hand for reference. MJ's no-nonsense, reality based view of the business world rings true to me. Thanks MJ!

Jason K

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Mar 10, 2013
I've read the book and it's what brought me here. After years of trying to raise my income by increasingly challenging management roles, I started my own business about 18 months ago. The "math" in the book really explained why salaried positions never brought me the freedom I wanted. I've already affected thousands of people doing this part time...and I'm growing the business full time. Excited to be here...and will continue re-reading the book.

G

Guest14692

I'm currently reading through your book for the third time around.

It's fantastic. Your book picks up where Think and Grow Rich left off.

Looking forward to becoming a contributor to the forum, and learning many things along the way!

-Joe

infinitus

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Sep 22, 2012
Perth Western Australia
Ive read the book, AND listened to the audio book several times LOL

My best feedback would be:
-The summaries should be easy to print out and post on the wall
-A subliminal/sleep programming track could be made to embed into the subconscious
-I would have made a juicy upsell offer into a premium training/seminar via a free dvd or video course
-I would have high quality cross-sell offers of what readers are buying before, during or after the book
-I would have combined the principles with other winning principles for the best and highest outcome of reader e.g. Jay Abraham for marketing strategies, Roger Hamilton for discovering your entrepreneur profile
-I would setup a social buzz with millionaire fast-lane worldwide mastermind group organization
-Turn the book into PR stunts by making challenges similar to when Robert allen would go into a new city and buy a house for nothing down
-Maybe turn it into a game similar to Kiyosaki's cashflow with an app of some kind?

Lol I could go on but hope those are useful :)

Nomad

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Mar 6, 2013
I've read the book twice and will probably read it again soon. The principles just make so much sense, and I love the 'voice' that comes through when reading it. I'm just pushing for the day when I can share my own success stories and hopefully inspire others to do the same.

-I would have made a juicy upsell offer into a premium training/seminar via a free dvd or video course
-I would have high quality cross-sell offers of what readers are buying before, during or after the book

I think I read somewhere that MJ specifically avoided this kind of stuff to distance himself from the 'guru' tactics of trying to upsell to people (no BS kind of approach, just a good book with solid content)

sounai

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Feb 27, 2013
I read the book and just joined the forum. I wanted to thank you MJ! It's an amazing book and really changed the way I look at the world now. Your book is a true inspiration.

Beau

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Mar 8, 2013
Bought the Kindle version and devoured it(probably too fast). I have already recommended it to a few friends and will keep spreading the gospel whenever I run in to someone who wants to better themselves. Thanks MJ

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.