The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Now that there are over 500,000 copies out there in the wild, multiple language translations, etc. this is the thread to let me know that you've read The Millionaire Fastlane .

If you read the book, post here and you will get an icon under your screenname and additional forum privileges.

Feel free to post your comments about the book as well!

Thanks, MJ

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jbar

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
364%
Oct 21, 2010
Read it. Love the part about how people are willing to trade 5 days for 2 days of freedom. Also like how you point out that you shouldn't just get into a business based on "do what you love". I was constantly looking for something to do in the golf industry because that's what I love to do. Now I know I should just focus on my main business which already gives me enough freedom to play golf pretty much whenever I want.

Great book MJ!

TOLDUSO

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Nov 29, 2008
New Orleans
Finished it today. I could have read it straight through, but that's a little hard for me to do over a weekend when the first "F" of the Wealth Trinity (family) required my time; Something I don't mind in the slightest, either... :)

Overall, I was quite impressed. There are so many useful tidbits throughout that I would have to say that, even people who consider themselves to be entrepreneurs might be in for a surprise of how much they actually understand about making that big break we all seek...

For me, personally, the biggest impact of the book came in the description of the various stages of the Fastlane. I guess I had always considered myself on a regular (slowlane) path before I was ever actually on it. I think there are a lot of folks out there pretending to be on that accepted path when, in actuality, they are sidewalking along through life. Why strive so hard to keep up with the Joneses when you can focus instead on getting in the Fastlane? I, like a lot of people, strove so hard to make it into that slowlane (educated, "good" job, investments, etc.) only to find that when you make it here, it's still not a comfortable enough place to settle. Maybe it works for most people out there, but.... Not me.

What I took, overall, from reading MJ's book is that the separation between jumping on the slowlane compared with merging into the Fastlane comes in separating yourself from everything that society has beaten into you from day one about how to make it in life. There are a lot of ways to fake looking like you are a regular Joe on life's Slowlane, but the only way to look like you are on the Fastlane is to actually be on it.

Thanks for reigniting the fire under my posterior, MJ. I was due for it.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Finished it the other day. Bad a$$. It even gets better towards the end.

Yes, the back half is about speed, vehicles, and roads -- the more fun stuff -- the front is about roadmaps which really aren't that all exciting -- and mathematical justification that the preordained plan is numerically weak as well as risky.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
134 pages and perhaps 2,500+ favorable reviews, I think I'm entitled to tag this GOLD after 5 years??? LOL.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I was actually upset when I got to the last page because I didn't want it to end.

Ha Ha, don't worry, my next book is so damn long you'll probably want it to end.

IceCreamKid

With Great Power Comes Great Electricity Bill
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,185%
Jun 8, 2010
California
I just finished reading the book a few hours ago. It hit me like a wall of bricks that I need to improve my discipline so that every day I am focused on the process for my business. I've made a daily checklist of things that I need to do in order to be committed to it. Thanks, MJ!

drmctcher

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Sep 14, 2009
Phoenix Metro
Finished the book this morning, WOW! Thank You for writing this book MJ, it really opened my eyes!!!! I was able to attend the BP 2010, and was fortunate enough to meet yourself, and some other amazing folks working on their Fastlanes. At the BP you presented the 5 commandments, but until now I really couldn't see through the trees. But know I see how the commandments fit into the entire Fastlane package. The book helped clear out some of the slowlane mental sludge, that I was still having trouble with. I now just need to solidify an idea and EXECUTE IT!
Thanks again MJ! All the best!

Deege

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Oct 12, 2008
MJ the king of metaphors and analogies, this book was fun to read and gave some real insight to the entrepreneurial world, time well spent MJ. This one can go on the shelf of all the business and entrepreneurial books that don't feel like work to read. Only a select few get on that shelf, congrats MJ, well written.

LeftBench

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
316%
Jul 16, 2013
NJ
MJ ... THANK YOU.

I just finished "The Millionaire Fastlane " five minutes ago. As many others on here have said, it is life changing. I can't thank you enough for this wonderful book.

A few months ago I read "The Automatic Millionaire" and was dead set on living the slow lane life. I make a decent living as a Police Officer in NJ and figured that I would follow the instructions in that book and have a decent amount of savings when I was older, but have to sacrifice many enjoyable things now.

While reading your book, I realize how I was brainwashed by other financial books that encourage the slow lane. "The Millionaire Fastlane " has opened up my eyes and got me working towards wealth.

I am no longer looking for part time jobs on Craigslist. I'm finding ideas to create jobs for other people. I'm no longer getting petty certifications in security, but looking into starting my own security company. I have no more interest in putting on Women's Self-Defense seminars where I earn less than $300... I'm looking into marketing an instructional series on Self-Defense.

I'm working towards developing products and possibly getting into licensing. I even upgraded to a smart phone last week. I always kept a silly flip phone because I didn't want to spend the extra $30 a month on data plans. But now I realize that its a small amount to pay for the large amount I can profit off of it when I use it towards these business ideas.

I know I still have much to learn, but your book has me going in the right direction. I've got my left blinker on, and plan on making my way in to the Fast Lane as soon as possible.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. Thank you so much for opening up my eyes.

James F.
NJ

Photo 5.jpg

Joe Walsh

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Oct 4, 2016
Tamarindo, Costa Rica
YO MJ!

I loved your book and I can tell you put a lot of work into it. Thank you. I will definitely read it again.

I drove a school bus to Costa Rica 16 years ago to start a surf camp. I had no real $$, just a passion for surfing and a dedication to providing excellent customer service. We started out by renting a little shack on the beach. Today the company employs 120 people and does millions of dollars in annual revenue. The best part is that I have learned to remove myself from the operations of the business and have the freedom to do what I want. Time is our most valuable asset.

I 100% agree with your philosophy of the Fastlane. Why waste a lifetime working for someone else when you can live with the excitement of building your own creation? with unlimited potential?? And in only a few years. I joined your forum because I believe in your brand. I hope to continue learning and to provide value to other entrepreneurs while I seek my next big adventure in life.

Pura vida! - Joe Walsh - Tamarindo, Costa Rica

aptohosting

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 16, 2007
North Carolina
Read it!! Well worth the wait, congratulations.

SuccessInMind

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Mar 3, 2010
Santa Clara, California, United States
I got the book yesterday and spent all day reading it. Definitely the kick-in-the-a$$ I needed!

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I've read the book. Great job! Now can you take away the pop off that keeps asking me to download the first three chapters? :)

I have it set just to show just ONCE every thirty days ... if it is showing up more than that, it could be because you are logging in, and out. Or switching browsers.

Bennu

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Apr 19, 2018
I just finished reading Millionaire Fastlane today. I recently made a decision to upgrade every part of my life, physically, mentally, emotionally, financially. I started working out every day and now feel better and better every day, with much more energy and a lot less anxiety and resistance to life. Started eating a lot better a couple of months ago. Stopped giving a f**k about so many things that are a waste of time and energy. I read Rich Dad Poor Dad and thought it was a big deal, but then I picked up Millionaire Fastlane which blew that out of the water.

I'm starting to generate better and better ideas on how to generate wealth and what I need to learn to get it done. I'm learning to code websites and apps because, even if I don't sell those, they will help me sell whatever I decide to sell for the rest of my life, and since I'm starting with nothing, I need to do things myself, for now.

I'm 48 years old and finally have ended my lifelong love affair with laziness, resistance and procrastination. Thank you, MJ, for sharing your insights and advice! I'm taking it to heart and I'm taking action! One of my first goals is to never be anyone's employee again within five years.

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
I read the book. I was honestly expecting a lot of fluff, and was pleasantly surprised by the amount of real content and usable info I found (Especially once I got about 1/2 way through). Good job MJ, I'm sure this venture will be a massive success for you. I also like the fact that you own the publishing company ;) haha

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
Finished it the other day. Bad a$$. It even gets better towards the end.
How could a Fastlane member NOT spring the $15-$25 for this book? WTF?

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I read the book. It's amazing. So good I have 2. Are there any plans for a new book this year?

Working on it... probably wont' be until next year.

Maria i Carrera

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Jan 16, 2015
I read the book. I can't believe that after so many years trying so many "guru" advises and reading countless books ,,,,I have NEVER read one like this. I'm 46yo and I'm totally confident. But, how is it possible that my entire family and 99% of the people I know are so hard pressed to be on the slow/side walk lanes. My entire life I have been ridiculed and teased just because I didn't believe in doing 20 years at a job then retiring. i just laughed at them and said "you will see"!!! I really enjoyed it and I thank you for motivating us. It's a lonely world out here. But I love the struggle, I know I will make it happen.

LeftofLucky

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Mar 31, 2015
I've Read The The Millionaire Fastlane !

Have a physical copy on my bookshelf and a digital copy on my kindle/phone. I remember absolutely itching to read the book on the go as soon as I got it. Bought the digital edition the next day because I did NOT want to stop reading.

It's such a high value piece of work because of how it impacts your context of money, business and life. Like all great writing, it peels back the curtain on natural laws and truths.

Walker

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
350%
Oct 2, 2016
Italy
I've read The Millionaire Fastlane and you opened me to a new world I thought was a fairytale.
Everyone told me I had to find a job I liked and do it for the rest of my life. I always refused to believe that this was the only way for living, I didn't want to end up doing the same thing 8 hour a day and live in the weekend, you showed me that this is possible, now I know I won't end my life regretting it.
Thank you MJ :)

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
About to get book. Still relevant today?

Yup, if it wasn't I wouldn't have written it -- I don't write stuff that is relevant for 2016, but irrelevant in 2017.

ZackfromNYtoAZ

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
367%
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Where does one even begin with this beast of a book? It is a proper tome. Not a wasted word to be found. The word expansive comes to mind. I have never loved a book so much. The R.O.I. on this book was out-of-this-world. I have read it, front to back, at least 8 times. I have listened to the audiobook, front to back, at least 10 times (the version you had to download from the Viperion website before it became available on iBooks audiobook section.) The audiobook came in handy during daily drives, running errands and during long cardio sessions at the gym. Highly recommended.

I first read TMFL mid-2013. It was almost as if future me wrote it to me at that time. The way it was written was as MJ has said in countless interviews written as if he was writing to his younger self. No fluff, just golden nuggets, in a writing style that resonated deeply with me. Thanks, MJ!

There is so much I can say about this life-changing book; however, I will leave it at this. I don't want to come across as bloviating.

Everything that can be said, has indeed been said.

I'm just excited to be part of this forum.

NOTE TO SELF: It is about time.

It is worth mentioning how I first discovered this book. It was after watching and listening to multiple MJ interviews and then watching TMFL book reviews.

Eetunga

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Mar 5, 2019
Germany
I purchased this Audiobook immediately after Unscripted .

This was the book I was looking for. Seriously. Why does this book not show up in all top 10 books list? I just don't get it. I prefer The Millionaire Fast Lane over Unscripted . Can't put my finger on the reasoning. Perhaps it was the combination of both books. Loved the bubble gum machine from Unscripted . Loved Unscripted as well.

Doesn't matter though. Going to relisten to both books on a regular basis anyway. You only learn by repetition.

My biggest recommendation to everyone.

I don't believe that somebody who hasn't read the book will find this post. But if you do. Buy the book. You have nothing to lose. Seriously.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.