The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

xhcsurge

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Jul 21, 2012
Belgium
I've read the book! It's getting a front row spot in my library! Best piece of advice ever! Ask my girlfriend: I just kept saying 'Oh my god, this guy is so right!'

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
It's getting a front row spot in my library! Best piece of advice ever!

Thx.

I love how DeMarco take no prisoners by polarizing Tim Ferriss, Suze Orman, and Dave Ramsey.

Hmmm, I thought I went soft on them. :rolleyes:
Should be required reading!!
Best book I've ever read.
Well, I read about 3 chapters and instantly bought the book. Best book on this subject that I have ever read.
Thanks MJ for keeping it Authentic.

Thank you!

Definitely lived up to the hype.

I wasn't aware there was any hype!?!

Reading it for the 3rd time

Guess ya liked it. :)

Thanks for commenting. All icons added.

awkwardgenius

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Jul 28, 2012
Southern California
Just finished this morning. I gotta admit, I actually pirated this book at first, and about halfway through went and bought a legit copy, and recommended several friends to do the same. This is life-changing stuff, MJ.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I actually pirated this book at first, and about halfway through went and bought a legit copy,

Well thanks, that's the argument of not pursuing copyright infringers on the torrents ... "they" actually say illegal downloads are good for business. I appreciate that.

Money mania

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Jun 11, 2012
This book is AMAZING. I read it a year ago and just re read it again. Thanks for the input.

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
Well I've read this thing for sure.. :)

jom

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 16, 2011
I've read it 6 months ago. Reread it again this month. Absolute brilliant stuff. I'm actually taking lots of notes and am inspired to actually putting to use in new business. Note: I'm currently a slow lane

awkwardgenius

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Jul 28, 2012
Southern California
Well thanks, that's the argument of not pursuing copyright infringers on the torrents ... "they" actually say illegal downloads are good for business. I appreciate that.

I'll have you know, I've recommended it to two others in the past couple days as well. Hell, I bought the electronic edition, and just ordered 3 hard copies to pass out to people I think could use it. Even wrestling with the idea of grabbing the audiobook to fill my hour-long commute. I'd have already pulled the trigger on that if it were on Audible, because the player lets you listen @ 3x speed.

What can I say? I like to listen to Fastlane fast while in the fast lane.

jaywolf

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Jul 31, 2012
I'm not going to lie I did the same thing initially, found the book in PDF format... however it was so good, I felt that it was definitely worth supporting. I ordered the paperback form from viperion on amazon, and also recommended that to my investor who bought another paperback copy from viperion as well.

User

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 30, 2012
Read the book, and now my friend is reading it as well! Can't wait to hear what she thinks :)

Chris_Willow

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Jul 8, 2012
EU
I've read it...TWICE!
Your personal story and the fast lane/slow lane analogy is what makes this an interesting read and such an eye opener.:D

needchaser

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Jan 7, 2012
USA
Read it twice, and I'm sure I'll read it again. One of the best books ever in my humble opinion. Been recommending it to everyone who will listen :).

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Read it twice, and I'm sure I'll read it again.

I read it twice. And everyone else should too. There is some awesome advice in this book that is best learned the easy way rather than the hard way though experience. The only way I think you could do that is to really read the book carefully and apply the principles to as many things as you can in life.

If you have major ADD like me. Take notes by putting concepts into your own words and highlight crap in the book.

Also TMF went up to its cover price of $23 on Amazon. So that means demand picked up and quite a few were sold recently =). Or supply went down, but i doubt it ;). Also im curious why people would buy from Amazon instead of the publisher amazon merchant account which is way cheaper :confused:.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Just finished this morning. I gotta admit, I actually pirated this book at first, and about halfway through went and bought a legit copy, and recommended several friends to do the same. This is life-changing stuff, MJ.

You know something... me too. Lol. A few months later, I picked it up on Amazon. The hard copy, paperback. Gave it to my mom, who loved it.

I didn't think I'd end up being a regular here on the Fastlane Forum.

I'm still pro-file sharing, even from a business perspective. I'll go more into my stance when politics are allowed on the forum... which means, never.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Haven't been able to put it down. I'm 75% through it and will finish it tonight.

The book was one of the best wake-up calls I've received. I was days away from giving in completely and opening up slow-lane wealth-building accounts with the bank when your book slapped me in the face and said "how does this align with your goals?". It didn't. At all.

Thank you.

Rerun

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Aug 7, 2012
Read it, around the beginning of the year I believe as recommended to me by a fellow entrepreneur. Tbh, as someone who read a lot of these types of books when I was younger, I was skeptical. I quickly realized this book is in a different category all together... great read and great lessons. Love the anti-guru approach.

nitrousflame

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Aug 7, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
Finished it a week or two ago and have been browsing the forum ever since. It's addicting. :)

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Guess I'll post an update: Finished the last 25% a few days ago. It was really hard to put this down.

I've spent the last week tuned to "needs" like a machine. Everything I see and hear I try to think of in terms of opportunity. First time in my life I've been annoyed at how few people seem to "hate" things all of a sudden. What gives!?! Start hating things again!

This book had an unintended consequence: it stopped me dead cold from starting a business I was just about to jump in the waters with. I still WANT to start it (because it focuses on selling something that is a hobby of mine) but it has, as best I can tell, small scale/magnitude, slim margins, etc... A shame, but saved me thousands in inventory and frustration. If I can't think of a better idea relatively shortly I still may go through with it solely for the experience and feet-on-the-ground education but I'm leaning in other directions right now (like importing new, untapped products from China). We'll see where I go but one thing is for certain: I feel like my ship is in the water now instead of in the driveway. I now just need to set sail.

eqalias

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Aug 12, 2012
Same here. About 3 chapters in I was just floored. It reminds me of The Matrix, and MJ is Morpheus. Or 'They Live', once you put those special glasses on there is no turning back. Lol, I know, ridiculous comparison but the book educated and cemented what I've hazily felt has been the truth for some time. The most difficult part is figuring out a plan of action, but, I now have a firm number in mind and I'm continuing to educate myself.

bane

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Aug 7, 2012
NSW, Australia
I finished the book last week! And thus it has brought me to your forum.

Thanks for the book MJ.

I think it does a great service to the world and furthermore thru the fact that you told it how it is i cant recommend this book enough.
I love how you showed me the concept of selling slowlane things via fastlane principles - that was a real eye opener that people dont often realise.

This book trumps all the other simliar style books ive read, such as Rich Dad poor Dad etc. Those books are good, but if i had to recommend only one book to read, i tell my friends this one now. I love it that you were already "made" before this book and were happy to show your true colours and feelings (espeically about other people) without a fear of not selling.

All in all, great job.

- bane

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.