The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I thank MJ for being honest with people who are now reading the book because in all truth they are now going to be his competitors.

HA funny, yea, the biggest threat to my book, is the book itself. At some point, ya'll gotta step away from "Fastlane" and build your own business, and your own brand. Thanks for the write up!!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

emsbronco

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 24, 2011
Western NY
I just finished the book over the weekend. Thank you for writing such a well thought out and useful book.

I read a lot of business books, always looking for ideas and motivation to help my business along. Your book is the first book to really put into words what I've been working towards. Not only is your Sidewalk, slow lane, and fast lane explanation unique and to the point, but the supporting points you make are well thought out and highlight some of the errors I've made with my business.

I really appreciate the blunt way you explain how trading time for money is not worth it. I have had the germ of that idea in my head, but I never vocalized that idea since most of the other books never bring that up. So, thank you for giving a voice to what I've been thinking.

I have now given the book to my wife and I told her to read it ASAP. I explained to her that I want to sit down and strategize our plans going forward. Since she also owns her own business, I hope that she comes to the same realizations I have.

ZaneN22

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jul 21, 2011
Just wanted to let you know that I read the book and it's awesome. Thanks!

Moonpoof

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 31, 2011
San Antonio, Tx
I read the book a couple of weeks ago. I've been recommending it to everyone I know. To add to the echo of so many others, this book will really open your eyes. Priceless material for those of us determined to succeed!

pittyboy

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jul 9, 2011
Just finished the book. Awesome. One of the most motivating books I have read. I am so excited to start fulfilling my dreams.

GaryFromDurham

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 2, 2011
Durham - United Kingdom
Moral of this, everyone will not "get it". You either get it, want it and make it. I know I don't have all of the answers yet, but so far, I have changed my mindset, realizing that there is life besides the slowlane and sidewalk lane.

PS-As for my friend, I have to keep him at a distance unless he changes his mindset and gets on the ball...

Hi Jada

I can relate to what you are saying.

I talked to my friend last night who too, just did not get it.

unfortunately I have only read the first three chapters and am waiting for the book to arrive from the US to the United Kingdom so I was quite limited in the information I could give but I would hate to have the same mindset as my friends.

I want something more out of life!!!

Good luck in your Fastlane progress.

Gary From Durham

Gilin

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 2, 2011
I read the book it was great - gave me a new kind of perspective on the seo/marketing stuff I've been doing. While it's important, it's not the whole equation. Now to come up with some good ideas and execution.

George

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 2, 2011
Read the book, loved it.

I also really appreciated that every five pages was not an up sell for a website or 10k seminar ;)

Parts that have stuck in my mind:

A badly executed idea is better than a great idea never executed
Anything in 10K seminar can be found in a book, don't be lazy do the work
Build a business not a job
Keep control
You can't expect to be rich with a 'push button' or a idea in a box product, that you bought from someone else
Also toilet university ;)

Ajlynch

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 28, 2011
ROXBURY, MA
Finished reading the book this morning, i must say i am going to read it 1 maybe 2 times more to truly get the focus of the book. I can say that i enjoyed it to the up most and i want to make sure that i have every tool and resource that MJ listed in this book, to develop my own fastlane plan.

JCASH

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 25, 2011
I've read the book and must commend Marco:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::eusa_clap::eusa_clap::eusa_clap: It really was an eye opener and will definitely reread and take notes. Onto the fastlane. God Speed my friends:smxF:

77startup

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Aug 4, 2011
Chicago
I've read the book twice. Bought one vesionr for my iphone, and one version for my android when I broke away from apple.

MamaD

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 5, 2011
Maryland
Just finished reading The Millionaire Fastlane this morning. All I can say is wow!! I found your site and book via the blog post just the other day about "The Conveyor Belt." On so many levels, you seemed to be describing me. Reading about the "Sidewalk" and the "Slowlane" helped my reframe my thinking about my own situation. Even though I haven't been in the "Slowlane" for awhile now, it still felt like I was on the curb (and that's technically the sidewalk).

Today, I see things much differently than yesterday and I'm betting tomorrow is going to look even better.

Thanks

Randazzle

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 7, 2011
Read the book, as well as every author referred to in it. I've spent hundreds of thousands on continuing Ed to increase "my" value, it's time to quit the analysis paralysis and get something done. The info in this book is priceless, see ya in the fast lane. The next time I post will be when I have 10 million dollars!

hekks

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 2, 2011
Chicago
I have read the book! I suppose this gets rid of the "What is the Fastlane?" box at the top of the forum page? :banana:

Oh, and gives me the "I've read the book!" badge? :urock2:

PND

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Aug 7, 2011
France
I have read the book. Fantastic.
I was just asking advice to launch a website/service and a nice guy answered I could read your book.

It took me years to leave the Sidewalk and after years at high school I joined the Slowlane. I was educated with "money is evil" and other negative sentences.

Now I find the Slowlane very sad because it is like everything is forecasted. I could almost calculate today how much money I will have in 20 years going to my job.

I thought: "I need to do something else more challenging, more rewarding". I decided to launch my own business. An here comes your book, it is just the good time to help me focus. I will happily join the Fastlane.

Time to work.

Thank you MJ!

911Carrera

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Aug 1, 2011
Got the book over the weekend and read it. One word = GREAT.

I don't think I've ever read a book that I was in complete agreement with until this one. I hope not too many get their hands on it or because I don't want everyone competing with me as an entrepreneur.

hekks

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 2, 2011
Chicago
Loved the book :) However, I am SUCH a newbie to business, I'm not sure where to start. I need to find a one-on-one mentor. For now, I will focus on absorbing the brilliant info in the book. Thank you, MJ!

What you need is to continue learning while taking action. The information is out there, just waiting to be read!

psychetg

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Aug 2, 2011
Read the book and loved it. I'm now going through it a second time, slowly taking notes. Great work!

Arno

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 1, 2011
I read the book for the second time. A real inspiration! thanks M.J.

cjh382

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Aug 4, 2011
Mexico City, MX
Just finished reading the kindle version--ordering paperback versions on Amazon to gift to friends. Very motivational and insightful read. Thanks MJ!

kr4fun

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 10, 2011
Santa Monica
I have read the book and loved every page of it. While I am new to the Fastlane, I am a quick study and a potent creator and executioner! I am very good at identifying processes and systems and putting them to use. On the other hand, I am very weak at branding, identifying where to market to my target market, how to put together compelling advertisements and copywriting. I look forward to finding mentors on this forum and sharing any input I can give!

minamo

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Sep 11, 2010
They had it at the library~! read everything. The sidewalker part was a big eye opener to me.

Dont act rich until you actually did make it. and we always choose to be poor or rich.

Burko

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 10, 2011
Sydney Australia
Hi MJ,
Awesome Book, I have read many personal development and wealth building books, but none like this one.
I had so many DUH moments in this book that I will put this down as the all time greatest for me. I am starting a business now as a direct result of reading this book.

Realising that you need to become a producer rather than a consumer, wow how simple is that. It is just common sense, but I didn't get that before. CENTS is brilliant. It has changed my whole perception of businesses, I ran those strategies over my current business and realised that I am on to a winning idea, although there will be lots of changes in the way it is built.

Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou for this great book, it has changed my life for the better and I will be recommending and giving it to many people in the future.

Mate you're a legend.

Last edited by a moderator:

stressfree

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Aug 10, 2011
I know how you feel. I feel like ihave been slapped from a dream....Damm. Wasted last 10 years on easy street. Now I need to get moving!

awesom-o

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Aug 10, 2011
United Kingdom
Read TMF a few months ago.

The book changed my perspective on life and business as a whole.

Many thanks MJ I'm so thankful this book was written and that I have read it before it's too late!!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.