The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Bill M.

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jul 9, 2011
Hello,

2/3 through and already it has changed my outlook considerably. Like others now the challenge is figuring out what I want to do initially so I can take that first step out of my current comfort zone. Bill

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

theaer

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 10, 2011
Read the book and am about to embark on a second read... great stuff MJ, thanks for writing!

Now that there are a several thousand copies out there, this is the thread to let me know that you've read the book. If you read the book, post here and you will get an icon under your screenname and additional forum privileges. (Private forum, more PM storage, etc.)

Thanks, MJ

Bosgray

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 9, 2011
Brisbane Australia
I have just read this awesome book and didn't want it to end...loved every page...what an incredible motivation tool for me....just what I was looking for, now its up to me to put it into action....thanks for sharing :)

roc

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Feb 12, 2011
I finished the book last week, and all I can say is wow. I've read other books on the same subject, but MJ makes fantastic insights on entrepreneurship and on "how to make it". I loved how MJ broke it down about the barriers to a fast lane business and one of the most important things I got from the book is make sure your business serves a need and don't chase the money. Roc

Bill M.

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jul 9, 2011
As stated on the previous post I completed the book today, and agree with the general perception which seems to be Wow! Also agree that it has messed up my perception of life, which is probably best categorized as a solid slow laner. A lot more to learn and actions to take. Thanks for the great book, it was worth every cent and then some..

GuyRich

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Jul 11, 2011
Pretoria, South Africa
This book is like a great movie once you finish it you keep playing it over & over again in your mind.

It definitely made a lasting impression on me.

I recommend it to everyone from different walks of life.

teampix

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jun 23, 2011
Camden, SC
Dear MJ,
Finished reading The Millionaire Fastlane and now I'm going back through to find those salient points that made an impression on me plus to see if I missed anything. You've been exposed to a lot off business ups and downs in an incredibly short amount of time. I assume this is why you're a bit wise beyond your years. I couldn't help notice you have an affinity of calling Bullshit when you see it so maybe your wisdom is somewhat genetic (mom?). Couldn't agree more with your decision to sell when you did. This is a great read for anyone that wants to start a business or wants to move their business to the next level (The Fastlane). Thinking about how we can move my SL biz into the FL with what I've just learned.
Thanks a Million!
Mark

N

nzbm

I just finished reading it in one sitting. Thank goodness for Kindle recommendations!
It was just the impetus I needed to make the commitment to putting my real estate plan into action.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
The Millionaire Fastlane is the holy grail of books!

Love that quote!

It was just the impetus I needed to make the commitment to putting my real estate plan into action.

This is a great read for anyone that wants to start a business or wants to move their business to the next level (The Fastlane).

This book is like a great movie once you finish it you keep playing it over & over again in your mind.

It definitely made a lasting impression on me.

good read.

Read it 7 months ago. About to re-read a second time!

As stated on the previous post I completed the book today, and agree with the general perception which seems to be Wow!

I finished the book last week, and all I can say is wow. I've read other books on the same subject, but MJ makes fantastic insights on entrepreneurship and on "how to make it".

I have just read this awesome book and didn't want it to end...loved every page...what an incredible motivation tool for me..

great stuff MJ, thanks for writing!

2/3 through and already it has changed my outlook considerably. Like others now the challenge is figuring out what I want to do initially so I can take that first step out of my current comfort zone.

messed up my whole perception of life........thank you

This is my first post. I thank you Mr MJ DeMarco for your book.

Amazing book, it's set me on my path to true wealth.

Thanks!

My buddy has no idea what I'm about to get him in to!

its an eye opener and i ordered more for other people

Thanks for spreading the word!

Just finished the book less than 15 minutes ago! Awesome book.

Very cool and different from the other books out there. I love the little rips on the 4hr. Made me laugh a few times.

Very good book, I'm almost done with it. Fresh ideas, I also don't believe in the idea of getting rich by being a penny pincher! Thank you!

Loved the book, am re-reading it again while I figure out what the heck I want to do!

Just finished the book and it has completely blown my mind.

Everything was good

Thank you!

I will definately be recommending the millionaire fastlane to others.

Read it. Loved it. It will help me, and I am also buying copies to give to some friends and family with an entrepreneurial mindset.

Thanks for the recommendations!

What an inspiring read! I feel more motivated now than ever to act on a feeling I've had now for some time.

Thank you for writing this book.

liked it a lot, thanks to MJ DeMarco!

Read it and loved it.

it is fantastic book

I'm finishing up the book tonight and I must say it's been a challenge to divert my attention to anything else because I simply can't put the book down!

I couldn't put the book down because the first part of this book reminded me of myself, almost to a tee.

Cannot put this book down! Thank you, MJ

Just finished the book and it was awesome.

Well, it's been a while since I was here, but I recently read the book after realizing it had finally come out! Fantastic explanations and work all around!!

Thank you!!

I read the book and really appreciate how much detail was given to each topic. One of the guys that ranked the book 3 stars on amazon.com said it was too long, I disagree.

I do ramble on a bit -- I probably can cut some things.

Loved the book MJ!

I just finished the book, a friend let me borrow it. I will deff be picking up a copy for myself though.

Read the book around half a year ago!

I have read the book!!...reading it a second time now. This book has literally changed my life and my way of thinking.

Great book, thanks marcos, i have read 3/4th of it and will complete it in a day or two, can't wait for your second book!

I would like to thank MJ DeMarco for this life changing book.

I just finished The Millionaire Fastlane , and it was an amazing, life-changing event.

Gracious for all the great feedback. Icons added ... :hurray: (Kinda slacked off on this thread!)

jkennedy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
532%
Jul 14, 2011
Arkansas, USA
I've always been driven with an entrepreneurial spirit. I think about it day and night. I dream about it, eat it, and breath it. Ideas come to my mind daily, but I've never been able to tie it all together. Thank you for confirming my passion. Your words have blended my dreams and desires into a beautiful reality that I now actively and aggressively pursue.

MJ, you have changed my life forever, for that I humbly thank you.

Calgary

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Jun 28, 2011
What took you long to decide and what were you doing over last six months after reading the book?!? :D

I hope all is good for you! Welcome. I'm new to here too.

Been planning out my business venture! I am at the stage of looking for investors! I guess I will be posting in the forums for more advice! :)

santa

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Jul 15, 2011
UK
I've been in a dark place with some health and mobility issues (i'm in my 20s) and actually have been off "work" for the whole of 2011. It's been challenging, but I made a commitment to myself to say "everything happens for a reason" and make that saying be true. I've tried to see this as an opportunity to learn things that could help me lead a better life. I've read and watched a hell of a lot of things in that time (and a lot the preceding few years prior to my health/mobility really declining). A lot on health, various business type books, things pertaining to my original profession and spiritual stuff.

It's no exaggeration to say your book is one of the most mindset shifting I have come across and just one of the best in general. It stinks of quality (well except the title and front cover!) and I love your blog and youtube videos aswell. There's only two books I would rank ahead of it to how life altering they have been for me in recent times; one is a spiritual book (A New Earth by Tolle) and the other a book helping my physical condition which has been pretty amazing (Pain Cure by Ming Chew). I actually feel blessed to have found your book along with theirs. Not only has some of your concepts and analogies taught me knew principles, but has also helped me organize and structure my own thoughts a lot better.

I've told friends about it, but currently not many were too keen. I think once the actions I'm doing now that come many of the principles you outlined start showing tangible results that might change.

(On a side note, I actually recommend Rich Dad/Poor Dad as a prerequisite for some people before reading your book! I know you very well criticise it and he's got a scratchy reputation, but for some with a strong employee mentality I think it's a good "mini-step" to your book)
(Also, while reading your book around the same time I was also listening to autobiographies of some high profile millionaires. It was like being in the matrix! So many times the principles you outlined came up in their stories.)

I'll end there as I could end up blabbering all day.

Thankyou so much for writing it and coming from a place of truth and honesty

DJ Effection

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 18, 2011
Ive already made it known that I've read the book in my intro, but Ill post again here to make it offical. :)

I've been re-reading it aloud to my mom, who is also loving the material, and is considering buying the paperback. She is even more interested because her and my dad are considering retirement soon, and this book comes at a perfect time for their financial situation! Thank you again~

bernieshawn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 14, 2011
I read the month about 3 months ago - since then I have been busy trying to get an online business started.

Before reading the book, I had been making a little bit of money online through an affiliate program. I had wanted to transition to a more powerful position for a while (affiliates are at the bottom of the totem pole) and the book gave me the push to work harder and develop ideas(process). The book also explained why I didn't like being an affiliate - lack of control and easy entry.

Since reading the book, I have been developing a business in the SEO niche - unfortunately it has been a complete flop so far. There is still hope, however, because I can still make my service better and build a valuable community. I need to have more patience, I think.

Even if it fails, it gives me experience at starting my OWN business - I also keep thinking about the Mark Cuban quote that was referenced in the book(I think it was in the book) about only needing ONE home-run in business. You can have unlimited failures but as long as you have one hit you can be a billionaire (look at facebook).

The book was awesome - really opened my eyes, but at the same time showed me how much work I need to do.

ByDesign

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 15, 2011
Just finished the book, it's EXCELLENT... and different than all the other books I've read.

I thought I had a good handle on how abundant money is until the example about $3 trillion being traded in the currency market every day... I knew that... but the kicker was how long you could spend $1 million a day if you had $3 trillion... WOW... My eyes are open to many new opportunities. Thanks!!

Scott

misszur

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 15, 2011
Malaysia
Hi,

I've read the book.

Now putting the principles into practice so that my upcoming venture will be successful.

Thanks MJ !

robjm

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Apr 24, 2011
Rochester, NY
When I arrived at the cabin my family rented in the Adirondacks this past April, I immediately tested my cell phone data connection to see if I could work while I was away. Of course there was nothing. Completely dead - not even voice, let alone data. And there was no WiFi in the place. I was completely cut off from everything, - the Internet, Reddit, my sites, my business partner, everything.

I was pissed and ready to come home.

Luckily my wife managed to talk me down and convinced me to spend some time reading instead - something I've been meaning to do, but always putting off. I had this "get rich quick" book (as I called it) on my Nook and decided what the hell, I'll give it a try.

Let me tell you, MJ. I'm glad I had that week to dedicate to your book (and some hot tubbing). I was able to read your book and think about my business. In the process I confronted some harsh realities about how I was spending my time.

Here's what I've learned since that week in April:
1. Measure and track everything.
2. Make sure you truly understand your market before opening up your wallet.
3. MJ needs some front lighting on his YouTube videos ;-)
4. Build stuff you can scale.
5. Work on stuff that matters and you're good at - outsource the rest.

Anyway, thanks for a great book MJ. One day soon I hope to rev my Lambo's engine next to yours at a stop light. :)

MauiMoonGuy

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 18, 2011
Maui, HI and Los Angeles, CA
Hi All. Just joined the forum and I'm in the middle of the reading the book for the second time. The funny thing is I didn't learn that much from the book. So why read it again, you ask? Well, I have to admit that I read the book with a goofy grin on my face the entire time because I'm living it. The whole of it. I've done the Sidewalk, the Slowlane and now the Fastlane (and the latter is quite more fun!). So the thing is, I wasn't learning from the book per se but it was very cool getting such clear-headed confirmation that the road I'm on in the right one.

My story? My girlfriend and I co-own a growing chain of clothing stores. We just celebrated our fifth year in business by opening our fifth store a couple weeks ago and it looks like we'll open #6 in the fall. We're by no means retired, but we're already in a position to outsource a lot of the unpleasant things we hate doing. We live very comfortably and don't deny ourselves pleasures and still we live way below our means.

How did we do it? Well, like Mr DeMarco (can I just call you MJ?) did, we worked our asses off. I've read every business book on the planet and prepared for many years. And I still read everything I come across instead of

playing video games or watching television...which is why I read Millionaire Fasttrack. Truth is, the title just about scared me away. But the reviewers were correct. The book makes a lot of sense. More sense than anything else I've read. You know how hindsight is 20/20? Well, that's what makes me resonate with this book so incredibly. It's describing my path.

Lest I bore you to death, I'll sign off here. I look forward to participating in the discussions.

Rafal

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jul 14, 2011
Warsaw, Poland
I finished reading 2 day ago. In one word - WOW. I'm glad this book is 2011 - I didn't lost years, just months not reading it.

Thank You MJ DeMarco. You made my... life :)

This is the best biz book I know, and I read about 50 - 75 books a year for over 4 years.

I wish I could go for a refund for half of the shitty books I've bought during those years

PS - I tried to buy Personalized, Signed-Autographed Copy from Viperion - but Amazon tells me it can not be shipped to Poland... Can you do something about it?

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
This is the best biz book I know,

Thank you!

PS - I tried to buy Personalized, Signed-Autographed Copy from Viperion - but Amazon tells me it can not be shipped to Poland... Can you do something about it?

Sure can, buy from Viperion through Amazon.com (the price is a little lower too)

Amazon.com: Used and New: The Millionaire Fastlane: Crack the Code to Wealth and Live Rich for a Lifetime.

I can ship to Poland.

=)

Rafal

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jul 14, 2011
Warsaw, Poland

HiMyNameIsTom

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Jul 7, 2011
I read the book, and well, for a variety of reasons, some of which are unknown to me, it kicked my butt into action...I think pointing out how terrible the "take 40 years to retire" idea is, while also not trying to sell the alternative as something that could take a mere 4 hours of work a week, is what got me excited and moving.

Thanks MJ.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Your offer for 13,99 is domestic & international,

Go ahead and order the $13.99 version -- Ill sign it for ya. (I assume the order will come in as Rafal, if not, please let me know.)

misszur

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 15, 2011
Malaysia
Got my autographed copy of the book today. The postman threw it over the fence. The customs must have held the book for a few days because it took longer than anticipated.

Anyway, glad that now I can share ideas with my hubby :)

Dorian Valdez

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 19, 2011
Just finished the book last night, fantastic level of insight and articulate knowledge of business as a means to "freedom" as apposed to becoming ones own "employee". I am now changing roads towards "freedom", not taking any 4 hour shortcuts along the way.

Thanks for the "enlightenment" Mr MJ DeMarco

NewWorldOrder

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 16, 2011
I read the book, and it's definitely one of the best of its kind (and there I say it, the best I've ever encountered)! This quality is evidenced in part by its current perfect rating on Amazon (with no 1 star ratings!). I can't say I've ever seen that before. The book just screams "truth!" Some of the ideas, were disjointed in my own mind, but, MJ, you pieced them together. For instance, through reading your book, I've become more discriminating about rich people. That is, you've helped me see why people who are rich seem to give conflicting accounts of why they're rich. Some people claim they have to work really hard 20+ hours a day! Yet, you can find other rich people who claim to work a few hours a week! It didn't really make sense to me. But your book helped my piece together that these individuals have set up very different business systems.

I would be really surprised if MJ came out with another book. Why? Because, MJ, you totally crushed this topic! (And I also love how you call out Suze and others, though I think Robert Kiyosaki speaks truth, but just keeps repeating it and wrapping it up differently)

Mick

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 8, 2011
Santa Clara, CA.
Just read the book. Stunning.

Always knew something was wrong with the 9-5 job but couldn't put my finger on it. You want to do the right thing, be honest and work hard. You think that will be enough.....
Except it's not anymore (or ever was).

Will be using this as a constant reference and reread as I move into the fastlane.

Thank You MJ!

Mick

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!