The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to get a Girl in 10 seconds

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
I wish someone could beat that mindset out of me in all honesty.

Would you judge a man's intelligence by how muscular he is? It's the same thing: apples to oranges. There are quality girls out there who don't play the games.

Twiki

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Oct 7, 2012

Haha, well the first step in eliminating that mindset is to recognize that it was beaten IN to you at some point, or alternatively conditioned into you repeatedly over time. Recognizing when and where those circumstances were, or what it was about your environment, that contributed to that mindset, can help make that unproductive mindset dissolve.

Here's a neat free process called "Eliminate Your Beliefs" from Morty Lefkoe (no, not the guy who runs a toupee shop in Queens). Give it a try. This specific process doesn't work for every type of negative belief, and the way Morty does it doesn't work for everyone, but it's worth trying as the principle is sound.

PS. Watching that OP video made me feel like these two dishwashers working in the food truck outside the Little Havana club last night:

tmb_860_480.jpg

They were watching the beautiful ladies in their disco outfits with the flashy guys with their sports cars, and the guy on the left was saying: "Look at that punk... look at that girl... what's he's got that I don't got."

The other guy was like "He's very handsome, for one thing.... Man, look at him, he's got style, flash, pizaazz. A little coke money doesn't hurt either."

Then the cook came over and yelled at them "Hey man, there are two guys looking for you in the back. But don't take too long, we got a lot of work to do!"

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mayana

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Apr 26, 2011
Georgia, USA
I'm sorry, but I never would have dated a guy who came up to me with this approach. Lol...

Not to say that it never, ever works, of course.

A better approach would be to be really friendly, and come back a few times. Make friends with the girl. Ask her questions about herself, find about what she likes, etc...

I think a lot of girls would think that this guy is too stuck on himself... lol

Halffull

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Oct 25, 2012
I find it amusing that this entire thread has only had one woman chime in (that I can tell, Mayana, above). It's all men (many, apparently single), hanging out, telling each other what women really truly want & respond to. I find this hilarious.

Let's say you were training a new salesforce. Would you hire one of your customers with no experience in sales to train your sales force, or an experienced salesperson with a proven track record of selling to that demographic.

Also, I don't know why the assumption is that they're single. At least one poster found his wife this way, and I know I have been in long term relationship for quite a while

Halffull

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Oct 25, 2012
I guess this is my fault for engaging commentary on a thread like this in the first place. One thing I have learned in life is not to attempt to correct things that people have surmised from reading your writing (even though you typed nothing of the sort) because it's fruitless & never-ending.

What's the whole theme of this whole goddamned forum? Provide value, the rest will follow. This does not end with the economics of the business world. Lame tactics & trickery (or a shotgun blast approach) will only get you so far. To provide value to attract what you seek is the key. I'm guessing a more fruitful thread would be: what do women actually value? (since we're going with 'how to pick up a woman' here) -since women are apparently the target demographic or 'customer' in the cross-hairs.

You can break it down further from there: What type of woman do I want and what would she value in a partner & therefore be attracted to? You can sit around and guess (which is what this thread is doing, for the most part) or you can actually go find out.

The businesses that guess what their customers want (as opposed to asking or watching behavior or listening to feedback) don't fare so well. The businesses that out-perform their customers expectations or show their customers what they didn't even know they wanted yet -those businesses do exceptionally well.

All I'm saying is, why deviate from the Fastlane Mindset when you deviate from a discussion on business? These models work because they understand basic principles of human nature. Human nature does not end at the doorsteps of a business model.

I agree with everything you said. I have done a lot of actually going out, meeting woman, figuring out who I want, and seeing what works. Offering value? Key concept. If you suck, you're not going to get a woman (at least not for every long.)

@theag, a lot of a beginning a relationship is figuring out how to sell yourself. It's an extremely valuable way to view dating. The mistake is thinking that viewing a woman as a customer, and viewing her as a human being, is somehow mutually exclusive.

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix
That's pretty much the response I expected. Good luck to you, dknise.

danoodle

Freedom Seeker
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 1, 2011
Kansas, toto
This is a very fascinating thread so far. It is especially interesting to hear from those who have been cheated on. Do you think there is a reason why divorce rates are so high? Do you think there is a reason why people "cheat" on each other basically in every single relationship out there? I am considering doing a presentation on open relationships for B&P, but I'm not sure if it would be well received.

McNandez

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Jan 3, 2013
I've dated a lot of women, especially at my age, and the only thing I noticed was how easy they cheat on their boyfriends/husbands with me. Though it's fun, and I'm as much in fault as they are...

Interesting that you willingly offer yourself as the other man. No wonder you harbor such a mindset about women! Surround yourself with trash, trash is all you'll get. Lie with dogs and you get fleas, and so on.

women understand women and they hate eachother.
- Sounds like you associate with losers. I'm tempted to explain the concept of "like attracting like", but this is a forum for improvement, so I will wish you good luck in attracting quality people into your life in the future.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
I used to close like that. In fact on a few occasions I have made out strange girls in less than 1-2 min.

This was way back... in my youth, when I had no care in the world. I actually remember at 1 point being so cocky and full of my self, that you could not tell me that Brad Pitt had ANYTHING on me! Hahah... that sort of self confidence makes life soooo easy.

Entourage

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
Sep 12, 2012
Interesting that you willingly offer yourself as the other man. No wonder you harbor such a mindset about women! Surround yourself with trash, trash is all you'll get. Lie with dogs and you get fleas, and so on.

- Sounds like you associate with losers. I'm tempted to explain the concept of "like attracting like", but this is a forum for improvement, so I will wish you good luck in attracting quality people into your life in the future.

Nope.jpg

that's what happens when you meet over 50 new people each single day for three consecutive years my friend. My mindset when it comes to women consists solely of not spending time with the types of women I spent time with in my earlier days, what's wrong with that? The person I am now, and the person I was a year ago are two completely different people, and as you can see, I clearly state that I too was in wrong shoes in those situations. People change.

And when I said "women understand women, and they hate eachother." I ment it in a joking matter, emotions are not as easily expressed on the internet as they are in real life.

But please, oh mighty oracle, describe the person you think I am! ;) It sounds like you can write my autobiography based on a single post I made. But then again, "like attracts like". "Shallow searches shallow"

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
All I can add to this discussion at this point is that women are a F*cking pain in the a$$ and today I'm, for the first time, seriously thinking about leaving my girlfriend after nearly 4 years.

:pullhair:

Why is that?

You might be making the best decision of your life. Or you might be willingly throwing yourself into a vortex of regret.

For me, my girlfriend is wonderfully supportive despite the fact that a lot of the things I say and do go against her preconceived beliefs instilled in her by her traditional parents. I'm waiting for her to try and get in the way of my ambitions. I love her dearly, but I'm still young and my projects, my obligations, and my aspirations come first.

Blog post coming soon about this

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Why is that?

You might be making the best decision of your life. Or you might be willingly throwing yourself into a vortex of regret.

For me, my girlfriend is wonderfully supportive despite the fact that a lot of the things I say and do go against her preconceived beliefs instilled in her by her traditional parents. I'm waiting for her to try and get in the way of my ambitions. I love her dearly, but I'm still young and my projects, my obligations, and my aspirations come first.

Blog post coming soon about this

Found out today that she's lying to me and pisses me off in general in the last weeks with her behaviour.

Sometimes she motivates me above all doubt. Sometimes I feel like she is a 10000lbs rock dragging me down. And I don't think I can handle this back and forth while building my career/business. At the same time I fear I can't do it without her support. Thats what sucks about longterm relationships at a young age (she's my first longterm), you don't really learn how to be alone.

We'll see.

dknise

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 29, 2012
North Bend, WA
Found out today that she's lying to me and pisses me off in general in the last weeks with her behaviour.

Surprise surprise :(, what was she lying to you about.

If I lived in Zurich, I would be buying you a beer right now.

Entourage

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
Sep 12, 2012
This is not "get a girl in 10 seconds". This is "get a phone number in 10 seconds".

Have you ever asked yourself, "why do I feel this way?"

I have. It's because of meeting respectable women, who still cherish being lady-like. In case you're wondering, it's not because of the bad apples in this world ;)

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Have you ever tried it? No? Then what are you talking about. This relates to business too. So many people put things down on their own "theory", then the people who move forward work off facts. If you go try it on 10 eligible candidates and it doesn't work a single time, then you would know whether it works for you....

know what i mean? I'm not trying to sound like an a**hole or anything, just thought i'd point that out. IE Don't knock it til you try it.

Have you tried it?

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Yup, im married now, but used to do the same thing all the time. Cut all the silly stuff out. It changes with both sides as you get older too.

Yeah I had the best success with cutting to the chase, too. But I meant the exact line "do you think I'm attractive?". Did you try this exact one? I never did that, just asked for what I wanted in the first sentence (dance, date, whatever..). But thinking about it I never asked a girl to dance but just took her hand and took her to the dancefloor with a smile. Works even better ;) But that was in the 17-19 age range. Now I'm out of commission :/

dknise

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 29, 2012
North Bend, WA
Met some guys at university and told me she was there just with a female friend. Wants to keep our relationship secret (the reason for this are her parents which I know for all the time now, but now she suddenly wants to extend this to everybody we know, except we're 1000km away from home). All kinds of F*cking bullshit.

I completely understand what you're going through.

My ex cheated on me and kept that a secret till I found out the hard proof on her computer. She continued to lie about it. I broke up with her for a good two months till she came crawling back begging for another chance. I gave it to her...

She lied about not having a facebook, she just had me blocked.
She lied about going to college parties, and said she was just with her sisters.
She lied about why she wasn't bringing me around her family. I spent 5 days out of the week eating dinners with her fam, after she cheated, I didn't see them once. When I finally ran into her mom at the grocery store, she thought we had never gotten back together.
She constantly lied about guys she was talking to, or claiming they were "just friends." While she was trying to get me back, there was a guy from one of her classes I didn't trust her with. After we broke up, I found out from HIM that he broke it off with her when he found out she was still seeing me. Apparently she played both of us.

Just some food for thought... If a lot of this sounds like the same worries you're having, she's probably the same type of girl. Most of them are. :(

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
I completely understand what you're going through.

My ex cheated on me and kept that a secret till I found out the hard proof on her computer. She continued to lie about it. I broke up with her for a good two months till she came crawling back begging for another chance. I gave it to her...

She lied about not having a facebook, she just had me blocked.
She lied about going to college parties, and said she was just with her sisters.
She lied about why she wasn't bringing me around her family. I spent 5 days out of the week eating dinners with her fam, after she cheated, I didn't see them once. When I finally ran into her mom at the grocery store, she thought we had never gotten back together.
She constantly lied about guys she was talking to, or claiming they were "just friends." While she was trying to get me back, there was a guy from one of her classes I didn't trust her with. After we broke up, I found out from HIM that he broke it off with her when he found out she was still seeing me. Apparently she played both of us.

Just some food for thought... If a lot of this sounds like the same worries you're having, she's probably the same type of girl. Most of them are. :(

Yeah, I read your thread about it. That really sucks. I hope it doesn't come to this. But even it it doesn't there are so many other things that piss me off. Will need some time to think about it, a lot of change happening in my life right now and really can't use another big one now..

But what you said is shockingly resembling. I didn't say a word when she was partying with her girlfriends and I didn't want to come because I was working or tight on money, etc. I'm sure she hasn't cheated, but the fact that she's lying about talking to other guys creates enough of a trust issue for me.

1PercentStreet

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 16, 2012
Vegas
This one is seriously THE BEST: [video=youtube;h9QS28m1j9w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9QS28m1j9w[/video]

athCPKZ.png

LOL at the video related to it

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Have you ever tried it? No? Then what are you talking about. This relates to business too. So many people put things down on their own "theory", then the people who move forward work off facts. If you go try it on 10 eligible candidates and it doesn't work a single time, then you would know whether it works for you....

Oh, I didn't mean that it would fail 100% of the time. I'm sure it could work. Hell, it worked in this video and you guys are saying that you've tried it and it's worked.

I'm not about to try it, of course. I'm just providing my own interpretation of it and I'm not making a recommendation for or against any certain technique. Again, I don't know how to get girls. I've never asked out a girl in my life.

You're not sounding like an a**hole, I get what you're saying and I agree.

Also, I wrote a blog post about this thread. Link: https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/blogs/the-j/611-girlfriend.html

Last edited by a moderator:

TheTruth

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Feb 13, 2012
Toronto/Scottsdale
But I wouldn't want to marry a woman who gives her phone number on first glance.

Why not? It's just a number and doesn't mean anything.

Perhaps it turns into a convo or maybe the guy never calls. Either way she didn't squander the opportunity of leaving that open as a possibility.

Hahaha. That's great. Truly Fastlane. Gonna try this one day.

Nope.

Someday will never come. It is the same reason people are taught to set goals today and in the present.

Why not try it today?

I don't think asking a girl 'Do you think I'm attractive' would work unless you actually WERE really attractive or if the girl really was starved for male attention, which it seems like she was here.

You are missing the whole point of the approach.

He could have said literally ANYTHING and she would have been attracted to him...why?

Easy, he is being playful and clearly not taking himself seriously. On top of that he is showing confidence.

The girl now knows he is a) confident b)playful c) funny.

Communication is 7% words for a reason. This video is a perfect example.

And.. you're from a different country. Things are a bit different country to country

Disagree. Attraction is attraction period.

Study attraction and work on it and you will see that it works worldwide.

haha that works sometimes

Every girl is different.

The approach and what he did has nothing to do with "if that worked or not".

It was his subcommunication that got in a positive reaction. His words literally didn't matter.

As a guy who's asked for a lot of girls numbers, and has gone on a lot of dates, and had relationships with a lot of women, I can tell you that the quality of the girl literally has nothing to do with how likely she is to give out her number.

Spot on.

You can do it yourself. It will come, just be patient.

I'm sorry, but I never would have dated a guy who came up to me with this approach. Lol...

I think a lot of girls would think that this guy is too stuck on himself... lol

Perhaps, but then again you weren't there in the interaction and could not fully see his facial expressions.

It was a very playful tone and the sub-communication consisted of pure humor.

I constantly push the limit with the words I say because I know that they mean almost nothing compared to the other factors.

This allows me to constantly break my reality and see new opportunities while growing and maturing.

I am the EXACT same way actually. I think it comes from a long history of getting cheated on, as well as watching every other guy in my entire life get cheated on; .

Just as in business, if someone is doing the same things over and over again and expecting different results, everyone knows it won't lead to the desired outcome.

As a forum that prides itself on personal responsibility and open discussion,

the question that has always made new perspectives come to light is " What have I done to make somebody want to cheat one me?"

"What things were in place that I did/didn't do that made someone cheat on me"
"Where can I gain a better understanding of male/female psychology, polarity and masculinity/feminity?"

TheTruth

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Feb 13, 2012
Toronto/Scottsdale
There is all sorts of ridiculousness in this thread, then reading through, it seems like there is an age trend on this thread to. My advice, drop all your preconceived notions and prior convictions, the sooner the better and more happy you will be.

Exactly.

I too hesitated in ending the relationship through fear of the unknown

Abundance vs. Scarcity

Abundance > Scarcity

Gain abundance and you will have no more such problems.

dknise

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 29, 2012
North Bend, WA
Just as in business, if someone is doing the same things over and over again and expecting different results, everyone knows it won't lead to the desired outcome.

As a forum that prides itself on personal responsibility and open discussion,

the question that has always made new perspectives come to light is " What have I done to make somebody want to cheat one me?"

"What things were in place that I did/didn't do that made someone cheat on me"
"Where can I gain a better understanding of male/female psychology, polarity and masculinity/feminity?"

In the thread I made about it, I continually went the self-responsibility route as well. As an entrepreneur, you have to.

This response came from a friend on FB about why women cheat... and it's the most insightful look into it that I've ever had.

FBUser said:
Since I don't believe in love, I usually divert to ethology and power dynamics. In my opinion, there are 3 main personality roles: Alpha (dominant, independent), beta (submissive, pursuant), and omega (passively pursuant/easily discouraged). I think we have pervasive ones, but we can take different roles depending upon who we're interacting with, and that being with someone who pushes us outside of our desired role causes problems. I think when we make comments like "girls are attracted to assholes" we really mean that girls want to be made beta by an alpha, which is common in insecure women who desire direction, care or to feel small--which, as you know, every woman wants (physiologically, at least). And, of course, we all want what we cannot have--ergo the rush of the chase, or "puppy love". I think a common situation is a relationship which starts with the dramatic emotions that come with newness and pursuing, in which a power struggle is very evident to the self but often hidden from the other. When a couple has been together for a long time, transparency dissolves this and the pervasive ethological roles emerge. Many women will become disenchanted by a man who she had initially considered an alpha but gives her so much attention that, in her mind, becomes beta. He sees her withdrawing and subsequently gives more attention, driving her further into an alpha role she didn't want and seeking other chases in which to be beta--manifesting in cheating. Of course, the entire scenario can occur with genders vice versa depending upon whose alpha whims are stronger.

Looking at all the scenarios of myself and other guys, we were all alphas with a beta or omega. Mine were easily discouraged... so they would push on the omega portion. The difference between us guys and girls, is that when problems arose, us guys would get closer to the problem (get deeper into the relationship) as the girls would pull away and look for other alphas as a solution. In addition to that, once you take on a long term relationship, the dynamic begins to change. As an "alpha" guy, I feel alpha when I provide. My ex wanted to go whale watching... as the alpha that I am, I provided. Looking at it from the opposite perspective though, and taking into account that some of the most loyal women in relationships I know are to complete losers in life with no cash, women don't see that as being alpha. When a guy gives into her wants and desires, in her eyes he becomes beta to her and she is alpha because she feels in control, something that as a beta she never wanted.

The problem that all of us guys had in common in this situation was we are all successful, we have lots of money, we all are providers, and we all wanted a 21st century co-dominant relationship... but we had chosen beta's and omega's, not a cross between alpha and beta. By being the good boyfriends we were... we actually pushed our girlfriends away and into the arms of other men who didn't give into their needs.

Interesting piece of psychology there.

infinitus

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Sep 22, 2012
Perth Western Australia
the best stuff ive seen on picking up girls is chris from good looking loser....the vids are crazy, just go in, chit chat, hold her hand and in his words "Screen out the girls that are D.T.F" lol!

HD_edacity

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Mar 12, 2013
Toronto
My biggest problem is approach anxiety, i feel like if i could just go and talk to the girl (even if i get rejected) it would be an accomplishment. From what I've seen on forums people who start picking up girls greatly improve their outlook on life, which could only positively effect someone trying to make it in the fastlane. :)

Tlcalis

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Nov 25, 2012
Chris from Goodlookingloser.com is awesome but so is Boytoystory.com too :D

TheTruth

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Feb 13, 2012
Toronto/Scottsdale
ahahah, YES!

This is what I am talking about, Sal hitting up Joisey ;)

Good on ya man, glad you are back into your groove. Now I might actually pick-up my phone when you get into Toronto...

P.s. I get the 7 foot part... but the lightning bolts you got all wrong... they come from the mouth through my wonderful 1 line zingers :coolgleamA: .... they work 100% of the time, 50% of the time.

I've met the Truth. He's 7 feet tall and shoots lightning bolts ffrom his a$$. Lol.

Boris, I've learned a lot in the last couple of weeks now that my mind is back on track and my confidence is back. When your trying to pick up a girl, its all about confidence. I went into this weekend with all the confidence in the world and came out of it with a bunch of numbers. And not from ok looking girls. Hot ones. Its all about my approach. I went in believing I would get them, and probably could have uses any line I wanted. Everything I said worked. Girls sense confidence.

I was so confident, that in the last bar I went to, I was just chilling, enjoying the night, when the smoking hot shot girl approached me. She stood near ne and talked to me all night. Good times.

I also pulled of an awesome maneuver that you wpuld be proud. A chick that my friends, and the waiter, said wpuld be impossible. Its a long story for another night. Lets just say I got her number, shocked everyone, and have been texting back and forth with her all day today.

Its amazing what confidence and balls can do. And a sense of humor.

Its definitely a confidence booster. Its basically the same as public speaking, or anything for that matter, the more you do it, the better you get at it. Just ho out and do it, even if you suck at it for now. You'll get better and better, and soon dnough you'll have all the confidence in the world.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.