The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Get a 1 on 1 Call with Jack Edwards and help a Kid Who Is Dying.

DayIFly

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Jul 16, 2012
PM sent. It would be awesome to speak to you!
Oh man, I am so nervous, I don´t speak english that much here in my country :(

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

adoredunchin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Jun 18, 2013
PM sent. It would be awesome to speak to you!
Oh man, I am so nervous, I don´t speak english that much here in my country :(
Don't be. He is a cool guy and the main purpose is to LISTEN to him. Sure you have questions but if you write them down there is no problem with that

Gesendet von meinem One mit Tapatalk 4

leono

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Apr 12, 2012
Jack is truly a great guy for doing this! I hope Marcus and his family fill each precious second they still have together with laughter, joy, and fun. It's not "over" yet and they will see each other again someday.

As for my call. The biggest thing Jack taught me is to "be where you are at!" We were talking and he basically told me to go into serving older people. And I think -- or maybe I'm just making it up! -- he asked me why I hadn't already, and my basic response was because I hadn't thought of it... D'oh! :facepalm:

So, what I learned, really need to remember, and hope this helps someone else is: Don't overlook where you're at right now, what you're doing every day because you can make a business out of it! You can fulfill needs by simply paying attention to what you're already doing.

Hawk07

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Jun 16, 2010
Iowa
I had my call with Jack. I could repeat everything that was already said....it was awesome. There is something to be said about speaking with a successful serial entrepreneur....its just nice to hear a voice (rather than read these forums) and speak about all of the exciting business opportunities out there just waiting to be harvested.

This guy is a total value giver. How many of us would have offered to do what he is doing for this dying child and family? I know I could do it....but would I have done it? He just does it.

Couldnt be happier about the $100 I donated. Thanks for your time Jack.

Hawk07

drmctcher

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Sep 14, 2009
Phoenix Metro
Dove into Jack's solution tank for a second time!! Same Awesome Sauce experience, Jack is VERY generous with opening up his mind to help you out!
Excited to know that hopefully Marcus & his family will have less burdens to carry, even if for only a short time. Thanks again for sharing your wisdom with us Jack! :hurray:

workingtitle

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
May 27, 2013
Jack is the real deal. He beams positivity and is a shining example of an entrepreneur: someone who people would not only want to do business with, but also be around.

Invaluable call, the remaining slots should go quickly.

Windsurfer

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Jul 5, 2013
Minnesota
Had the call with Jack yesterday.

Breathtaking. I can see why he drives a Ferrari and I drive a 2002 Honda Civic.:notworthy:

He genuinely wants to help, and what he is doing for this kid and his family is really awe-inspiring. Even if you don't need business advice, have a call with Jack anyway. It's like a double shot of espresso in terms of the energy he gives off.

I paid $100 instead of the $75 just to over deliver a bit, but I still felt like I got a bargain. I am glad to help out people who are going through such pain.

Some lessons I learned from the call:

• Jack can do financial math in his head much faster than I could (and I was a math major in college!). He can do the calculations for an opportunity very quickly to see if it is viable
  • He said something to effect of "If you are already in the business and you would buy your product, that is a good test for whether it would work"
  • You need to think on both sides of the equation. I am trying to figure out a business that would make landlords and tenants lives much easier, but he pointed out (repeatedly, which I needed) that I was thinking from the point of view of a landlord much more than a tenant. By the way, I am a landlord.
  • Take your idea and 'storyboard' it, like many famous Hollywood movie producers do. Run through how the business would run so you can identify gaps before implementation.
  • Take an hour a day for 90 days to look at your business from every angle. Think of all the objections, pain points, solutions etc. that you might come across and figure out how to resolve the issues. These are the Hows, whys, whens, wheres etc. of your business
Please take Jack up on the offer. Maybe if other 'Warp' drive fastlane guys on this forum see Jack's success, they might be willing to do the same for other causes? No pressure of course:)

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
642%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX
Just talked to Jack, I can't express how valuable the information was in my call with him.

Four main points were highlighted in my call.

• Quit the damn job, for the young guys like me, don't end up being 40 and still working at a factory, pushing the dreaded green start button.
  • Think your business plan out 100% before executing it, and make sure people will buy your product or service.
  • Always be professional in your service, no matter if its through the phone or in person. Look and speak professionally, and you'll make a name for yourself.
  • The Ferrari 458 is a masterpiece.
Thanks Jack
-Nick

Stephanos83

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Nov 17, 2013
United Kingdom
Had a great call earlier today with Jack. If you ever get the chance to speak with him, take the opportunity. He provided so much value and changed the way I think on a number of different things.

Main Takeaways:

• Commit to researching your good ideas.
  • Set deadlines for those ideas and stick to them.
  • Look for extreme niches. Look at things that people aren't doing.
  • Serve small communities that have to wait for shipping anyway. They don't receive calls from big suppliers and will be surprised (and happy) to hear from you.
  • Look at aged businesses in older industries. See what the owners would do if they had the time and money to improve their businesses today. Chances are they don't have the time to take action on such ideas and will impart them to you for free. If it's important enough to them, they may even invest in you taking their ideas on.
Jack, I think it's special that you're helping that kid and his family. Thanks again for your time and wisdom.

Steve

Robert R

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Jan 23, 2014
I had my talk with Jack yesterday. I must say he is on-point with his advice and knows his stuff. I wanted to learn more about him as a person, which he explained to me briefly; however, he was more focused on how he could help me and provide as much value as possible within the hour.

My main takeaways from our conversation were:
  • If you don't have your business up and running yet, pretend you will be opening in 91 days. Spend an hour a day getting the info you need, customers, contacts, manufacturers, product, everything to prepare for the launch.
  • Think outside the box.
  • Serve the people the big companies "don't have time to go after."
  • Do the opposite of what the market is doing.
  • There are guys who sell dirt and rocks, so coming up with an idea should be easy. Think of the unobvious.
  • Look at products and deconstruct what went in to making it, then find something you can do better.
  • Again, work your ideas through all the way.
  • The waiting list for a Ferrari is ridiculous (2 years).
@JackEdwards I appreciate the call, and I will consider the suggestions you gave me after I finish contacting the universities. If things go as you believed they will I'll update you and everyone else with a progress thread soon.

Robert R

IceCreamKid

With Great Power Comes Great Electricity Bill
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,185%
Jun 8, 2010
California
The waiting list for a Ferrari is ridiculous (2 years).

I recall him telling me that the waiting list can be considered a good thing because it will allow you to drive a Ferrari for FREE for a few weeks because people are willing to pay a premium for one that they can get immediately.

If this is true and the numbers make sense, I am totally going to get one just for a few weeks to get the rush out of my system. By golly, a free rush! How can you say no to that!

Robert R

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Jan 23, 2014
I recall him telling me that the waiting list can be considered a good thing because it will allow you to drive a Ferrari for FREE for a few weeks because people are willing to pay a premium for one that they can get immediately.

He also that to me, and I wouldn't doubt it. But still if you wanted one to keep for yourself, without paying the premium for it, it's a long wait time. It is an easy way to flip cars though haha. I believe Jack drove the 458 for a month before selling it for a profit.

Also, it's not a free rush, it's a rush that pays you!

Tengen

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Had my call with Jack earlier today, was really good to have a conversation with someone who's been through the ups and downs of starting businesses. My only regret is not being sure what questions a guy like me should be asking. Given some good advice on things to change and will develop from there.

@JackEdwards let me know when you come down to Sydney and I'll buy you a scotch or two :pompus:. Even know a place with some nice cigars :cigar:.

And best wishes to the kid and family you're helping out.

ck4750

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Feb 17, 2014
Missouri
Had my 2nd call with Jack today. Very grateful he's taking the time to do this and for such a great cause.

Jack is the man!

DreamPursuit

Say a little, do a lot
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
May 18, 2010
South Carolina
Had my chat with Jack today. Was it worth the $75? No, it is worth much more! Jack seems to be a great guy, and I would like to meet him in person one day. He's a saint to the boy's family. I just arrived back home at 12 AM this morning from a brief trip to Phoenix/ Scottsdale. Man, that is a beautiful place! I was afraid I was going to miss the call from being so worn out.

The conversation was loaded!
Here are some of the takeaways from the chat.
  • Deliver a product that is cheaper, better, faster
    or provide a better service.
  • If what you are doing is not making the money you need stop and get out of it.
  • You can do whatever you want in this life, it is all up to you.
  • Whatever you do, throw your heart into it!
  • You get more attention from guys than girls driving an exotic.
  • The journey is what motivates him.
  • Whatever you do, create value.
He also brought up a great point. Why isn't anyone here targeting the elderly?
I have only seen one post about providing for the elderly since I became a member here. That is quite a large market!

PS: Jack is a fast talker! :) My head was spinning, taking it all in!

sal

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Apr 14, 2012
I'm sure this forum is full of people who can benefit from what Jack told me, so I'll be completely transparent :)

Got a brutal/beneficial response from Jack today. Smart guy. Told me what I've been doing wrong and that my main problems regarding my lack of success thus far are:

1. Lack of confidence in the ideas
2. Lack of due diligence (not attacking ideas from all angles)
3. Not committing to one idea (causing me to do donuts instead of moving forward)
4. Trying too hard to avoid failure (concerned about things that are irrelevant)
5. Taking in too much content- causing an imbalance between theory & action
6. Emphasizing importance on theory- causing overconfidence in level of awareness (thinking that I know prematurely)
7. Dismissing opportunities for a reasonable income (causing me to miss out on small wins that could speed up my growth)

He told me that:

1a. The big ideas usually don't make much $ at the start, so at this point I should be looking at making small wins to build experience and capital
2a. There is money in everything, stop trying to find the golden key (the door is unlocked already)
3a. I'm the worst kind of employee
4a. DO SOMETHING, STOP TAKING IN CONTENT AND MAKE A DECISION

Even though I got beat down a bit in the call, I feel like it was actually really beneficial. Jack kept stressing the point that there is money in EVERYTHING, EVERYWHERE and gave me tons of examples which was great (people are out there with $5m companies selling dirt).

Nearing the end of the conversation Jack said that even if I had a 10M dollar idea he thinks id still probably blow it, and he's probably right... which kinda makes me want to quit! But I can't let that stop me, because I loathe being an employee.

Thanks for the honesty Jack, the call has dismantled many of the qualities that were causing me to rationalize my way out of following all the way through with action. Nothing motivates you more than being doubted by someone who is in the position you want to be in.

Next time I contact you I will be self-employed and profitable.. maybe then you will take me more seriously!

bane

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Aug 7, 2012
NSW, Australia
I'm sure this forum is full of people who can benefit from what Jack told me, so I'll be completely transparent

man yes!!! Thank you so much!!! I learnt a lot from your write up! I really appreciate it! Thank you.

it's really great to see you accept his criticism like this. that's important! Good on you mate. Godspeed :p

Natural

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Nov 7, 2013
Any spots left? Would be stoked with just 30 minutes of your time if possible. Have 2 big opportunities that I really could use some advice on.

TheSilverSpoon

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
309%
Nov 4, 2013
1. Lack of confidence in the ideas
2. Lack of due diligence (not attacking ideas from all angles)
3. Not committing to one idea (causing me to do donuts instead of moving forward)
4. Trying too hard to avoid failure (concerned about things that are irrelevant)
5. Taking in too much content- causing an imbalance between theory & action
6. Emphasizing importance on theory- causing overconfidence in level of awareness (thinking that I know prematurely)
7. Dismissing opportunities for a reasonable income (causing me to miss out on small wins that could speed up my growth)

Expanding on what we talked about on Skype a bit...

It's time for you to either sink or swim. Do or die.

Go make some sales. Focus 100% on just sales. DON'T get a website, cards, flyers, shirts or anything else made up until you have made just one sale. Use your profits to buy that stuff if you still feel like you need it.

You say that you loathe being an employee. But you've been more scared of taking action and failing than you have been of becoming a lifelong employee.

The math is simple. When
Fear of being a lifelong employee > Fear of failure
then you will do. Until then you will continue to do donuts.

So go bust your a$$ today. Just make it happen. Do whatever is needed. No excuses. Then come back and tell us about your first sale. Make today the day you start killing that list of 7 bad habits.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.