The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Black Friday...

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Fascinating. Can you say why? Are you in a niche where you think that it wouldn't have mattered? Do you have any data to suggest how the sale might have helped or hurt, or was it just a gut thing?
Considering my levels of inventory I believe (as did a few others I consulted with that sell on Amazon) that I will sell out or come close to selling out without running promos. If that is to be the case then I would be leaving a lot of money on the table by having 'black friday' discounts.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Considering my levels of inventory I believe (as did a few others I consulted with that sell on Amazon) that I will sell out or come close to selling out without running promos. If that is to be the case then I would be leaving a lot of money on the table by having 'black friday' discounts.

This is actually why I've never done Black Friday on hot sellers. I usually discount stuff I want to get rid of. But this year I overstocked on a couple good sellers so I felt comfortable offering a BF sale. Out of my sales, only half were the BF product, the other half was regular stuff.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
1*maS9FkhpexiI20o_vIx1Nw.png

jesseissorude

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Jun 12, 2014
Nashville
This was officially my first Black Friday selling a product since I've started a company and quit my job.

Since I'm still early on in my business and hustling, yesterday I had to wake up super early, and run more of my pretty-little-thing I make to a local store that sold out of them.
When I woke up I was like "ugh, gotta do this errand." But as I was driving I couldn't help but smile. Last year at 6am, I was driving to my awful job. This year, I'm taking a thing I make and running it to someone who gets value from it. Best day ever.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
This was officially my first Black Friday selling a product since I've started a company and quit my job.

Since I'm still early on in my business and hustling, yesterday I had to wake up super early, and run more of my pretty-little-thing I make to a local store that sold out of them.
When I woke up I was like "ugh, gotta do this errand." But as I was driving I couldn't help but smile. Last year at 6am, I was driving to my awful job. This year, I'm taking a thing I make and running it to someone who gets value from it. Best day ever.

This. Welcome to the club

PaulRobert

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 15, 2009
New Jersey
Today is one of the best days of the year for an entrepreneur with products in the marketplace. Today is the day that the snowball starts rolling down hill, picking up momentum with each new day until around 12/22.

Amen.

Seeing all those people wasting hours away just to trample each over $50 in savings, I just thought to myself "Thank God, I'm on the other side of this."

Producer > Consumer all day everyday.

contract

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Dec 29, 2013
Black Friday was great!

Small business Saturday, not so much...

Ecom man

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
496%
Apr 17, 2014
Black Friday was about double of small business Saturday for me. Guess people just want deals not to support smaller online sellers.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Why would they want to support small sellers? Just because they are small?

Ramble On

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jun 7, 2014
We did things a little different and ran a sale today. Here is what we have going out from today's sales so far.

photo-4.JPG

Not much compared to some of you guys, but this is our first year in. Just trying to get the hang of it. Thanks for the motivation MJ!

D

DeletedUser394

I lost money on Friday, lol. (A lot of my capital is tied up in energy related industries.)

Some inspiring stuff here though!

daivey

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Apr 6, 2014
I lost money on Friday, lol. (A lot of my capital is tied up in energy related industries.)

Some inspiring stuff here though!
buy more, the sale will continue to the new year. this is a picture perfect "fearful when others are greedy, greedy when others are fearful."

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
Black Friday was a huge success for us as well. We did over 12k in sales :)

I though I would've been lucky to hit 6k.

Nice to be on the other side of the Black Friday madness. Its much more enjoyable I must say.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
Last Black Friday (before I knew of this forum and book), I was shopping for deals at best buy. This year, I was watching shoppers buying from me. Got my first order at 6:35 am and went through until midnight. It was just sales, sales, and more sales. I'm glad I was on the other side of the table this time around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike Kavanagh

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Aug 17, 2013
Just wondering...
Any of y'all try a "In case you missed our Black Friday sale" e-mail tactic? That is if you have a list and had a sale of course

Might be a way for you to increase your revenue even more this month.

Even Steven

tumbling down the learning curve
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Nov 7, 2014
I thought about this thread today. I was running over December's budget and realized we wouldn't be able to save as much this month due to getting presents for all of our family. Then all of a sudden this discussion came back into my head and I thought "I can't wait to get on the other side of this equation." To have increased income instead of increased expenses during the holiday season.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Cannot keep enough soap in inventory. Black Friday was big. Cyber Monday was bigger. Luckily we had stocked up. Having to rush in some best sellers to restock them.

Think our product being an 'add on' makes us better for cyber Monday and for all the last minute shoppers over the next 3 weeks. Good to be on this side!!

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Have some ninja tactics ready starting next week that will crush everybody else in my market :blackalien::upyours::woot:

I love it when a plan works out. Thats a direct response funnel btw, not some store where people browse around :greedy:

MjLeTlD.png

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.