The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Black Friday...

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
Hustle hard fastlane retail bros. Good luck. That is all.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
I noticed a drop in sales in the last few days. Probably getting overbid. But thats no problem because I dont care for black friday and cyber monday. May my competition have the discount shoppers :) Have some ninja tactics ready starting next week that will crush everybody else in my market :blackalien::upyours::woot:.

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
I noticed a drop in sales in the last few days. Probably getting overbid. But thats no problem because I dont care for black friday and cyber monday. May my competition have the discount shoppers :) Have some ninja tactics ready starting next week that will crush everybody else in my market :blackalien::upyours::woot:.

Im seeing a huge drop in sales as well over the past 2 days.

I will however be having a Black Friday sale. Gonna test it out. only way to know

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012

I will however be having a Black Friday sale. Gonna test it out. only way to know

Glad to see I'm not the only one haha, so its really the bids and my stuff doesnt suddenly suck :)

Put the gleam subscriber list to work :). With a high priced product like yours a sale will probably work well.

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
Glad to see I'm not the only one haha, so its really the bids and my stuff doesnt suddenly suck :)

Put the gleam subscriber list to work :). With a high priced product like yours a sale will probably work well.

I am worried about one thing.

If I run a Black Friday sale. Will the people who ordered over the past week or so, want to return the product, and then order again with the Black Friday discount. Know what I mean?

Because we have a 15 day return policy. So anyone that ordered in that period till tomorrow will want that discount. So, in effect I could lose out on money. Unless I get a shit ton of orders tomorrow.

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok

May be too late..and I know everyone is tired of me talking about bitcoin but have you advertised bitcoin black friday at all? (only say this because you accept bitcoin)Can probably get a few sales from bitcoiners.

Anyway..best of luck. Love what you're doing but you already know that :)

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
I am worried about one thing.

If I run a Black Friday sale. Will the people who ordered over the past week or so, want to return the product, and then order again with the Black Friday discount. Know what I mean?

Because we have a 15 day return policy. So anyone that ordered in that period till tomorrow will want that discount. So, in effect I could lose out on money. Unless I get a shit ton of orders tomorrow.

Doubtful. You ran a discount shortly after I and the initial run ordered. I didn't think about returning them..the product didn't change with the promotion and I was willing to pay the listed price. If it was half off it may feel like a kick in the nuts but 10-15% just seems like ah..shit should have waited but not a big deal. Anything more substantial then yeah..may run the risk of alienating current customers and tarnishing a premium brand. Maybe run a 5% discount CC / 10% bitcoin or something along those lines. Would be cool for the btc community anyway to see a 5% discount over CC. Not sure if it will pay off but sets a good precedent.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Sales have been great the past few days. Record numbers in fact. I thought about doing a Black Friday promo but I believe I may sell out without any discounts so no need to leave money on the table. It's going to be an interesting weekend.

Choate

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Mar 25, 2014
Boston
Thoughts on buying on sale black Friday TVs from Wal-Mart, and reselling them on Craig's list in a few weeks as Xmas specials for only $50 more? Hmm may try it out

D

DeletedUser394

Thoughts on buying on sale black Friday TVs from Wal-Mart, and reselling them on Craig's list in a few weeks as Xmas specials for only $50 more? Hmm may try it out

best day of the year to make a huge amount of money relatively quickly.
Hire friends, buy everything. Turn around and collect the profit.

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
Graph.PNG Huge drop in sales for me as well. Running Instagram Black Friday promo so we shall see. Will report back.

Last edited:

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
5% discount CC / 10% bitcoin

Anybody tested something like this? I'm thinking about doing 5% on paypal to improve my cashflow in the next few weeks, as I pay most of the traffic via paypal. but I think it wont have a big effect as people who want to pay with paypal pay with it and the others dont have paypal :(

RHL

EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
Love to see the reports. @Vick, I hope you don't have issues.

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
Anybody tested something like this? I'm thinking about doing 5% on paypal to improve my cashflow in the next few weeks, as I pay most of the traffic via paypal. but I think it wont have a big effect as people who want to pay with paypal pay with it and the others dont have paypal :(
You see discounts once in a while on /r/bitcoin on reddit but it's not that common yet. Should be in the future when there's more competition. Bitpay processes at 0% cost and no risk of charge backs so 3.5%-4% discounts for payments in btc is fair and should be almost standard imo.

Don't mean to distract from the thread..carry on

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
hh283pA.png

G

GuestUser140

Here's something interesting:

I know a retail guy who works only from Nov 20 till Feb 20 at 200%. Probably advertises like crazy, moves staggering amounts. Takes the rest of the year off. Has worked years and years and now just 80/20'd the business.

Personally, like most of you, until I'm free I work year round and keep growing.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Thoughts on buying on sale black Friday TVs from Wal-Mart
hmm...from working at a K-mart I can tell you every story even Wal-mart gets limit quantities. Always thought that was crazy. You have an ad for t.v.'s and get 5 for the sale. Wii's just came out and got three and everyone wanted them at the time. Mp3's 10. So unless you're superman and like waiting in super long lines from the night before in the cold to grab something and can be an ex-men and rush to to different locations with in a period of seconds, the percentage of you getting enough inventory to sell more than one item if you're lucky and survive mobs of people trying to knock you over and not steal it from you would take quite a small miracle. :) I know cause I worked at both stores and on one ocaision ten of us staff had to control one small electronic area.

I wish you the best of luck with that! :)

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Smell that? It's the smell of money in the air.

For some, it meant getting up at the crack of dawn, standing in line --- to buy --- stuff.

For others, it means a day off from your voluntary slavery arrangement.

For people like me, it's one of the best days of the year. I rolled into the office early this morning. Parked in the first parking spot at my building (as everyone else is busy about nothing per the above.)
I slipped up the elevator to my floor, stopping by the coffee machine to take the edge off of the headache from yesterday.

Into the office, noticing the place is a ghost town. All of the workers are thankful their bosses gave them a 24 hour reprieve from the gerbil wheel.

I hopped on line. To no surprise, a few high flying entrepreneurs I know personally are on line. Checking sales. Some undoubtedly from the sanctuary of their pajamas. Totally ok. They're watching the early Christmas returns come in.

Today is one of the best days of the year for an entrepreneur with products in the marketplace. Today is the day that the snowball starts rolling down hill, picking up momentum with each new day until around 12/22.

This week, we discovered a new marketing strategy that has the potential to be electric. Hopefully I will be able to write about it some day --- for now I have to keep it under wraps. I will maybe talk about it a bit at the B&P 2015. So... there's that. While everyone else is dreaming about turkey leftovers, the mind of an entrepreneur never really goes on vacation.

Happy kickoff to the official season for anyone with a product in the marketplace.

During the holiday season, Amazon.com buyers will see messages that indicate which products can be delivered by December 24. The three messages that can be displayed are "Arrives before Christmas," "May arrive after Christmas," or "Arrives after Christmas" where the message displayed is determined by the range of estimated arrival dates for the fastest shipping option. The "Arrives before Christmas" message can continue to display on your listings later into December if you update your shipping options to reduce your handling or transit times or offer expedited shipping. Sellers that meet the Premium Shipping eligibility requirements may also be able to offer Two-Day Shipping.

Happy BLACK FRIDAY to Fast Laner's. I hope you are on the receiving side of the tsunami that starts today.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Hmm....I have had ice pick headaches the last week! Nothing seems to make them go away! I just poured some Coca-cola though, so maybe that will help. I'm not a coffee drinker, but lots of tea. Oh well! Yes it will be exciting to see what happens from all your points of view this season in business. I was always on the other side and just heard reports. lol And I hated listening to those reports, but I guess today see the point of them more from a business angle rather than an employee bored out of my mind every morning. :)

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Sitting in my office. Thinking about leaving, but every time I do a new order pops up. And... I like shipping orders while everyone else is shopping.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
It's shaping up nicely so far. Today's sales tracking higher than the daily sales for the past 7 days for this time of day.

G

GuestUser140

I get this warm fuzzy feeling this time of the year. Online retail in December is one the finer things in life :happy:

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
Definitely went back up but not a significant jump from the day before, offered a 15% discount plus free shipping. I don't think I have enough traction yet to pull reliable data though.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    11.5 KB · Views: 18

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Black Friday was definitely a great day for us. We smashed through our previous record for daily units sold and total revenue. I did NOT run any promotions or discounts.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ

RHL

EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
Black Friday was definitely a great day for us. We smashed through our previous record for daily units sold and total revenue. I did NOT run any promotions or discounts.

Fascinating. Can you say why? Are you in a niche where you think that it wouldn't have mattered? Do you have any data to suggest how the sale might have helped or hurt, or was it just a gut thing?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.