The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

*2* My Profitable Proposal For Those that Can Think In The FAST LANE *2*

Anything related to investing, including crypto

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
I like Mark Cuban's approach. 99% of small businesses you can start with little to no capital, its more about effort.

[video=youtube;NwEkMUr5mk8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwEkMUr5mk8[/video]

And BTW I'm still incredibly confused as to what it is you want to do. Tell me exactly what it is you are going to do with the money?

I believe the original thread was closed by MJ because you were illegally soliciting investment funds.

I'm really surprised it wasn't deleted. Straight up totally ILLEGAL. The SEC takes these things very seriously.

And BTW just a side note the SEC just changed the General Solicitation law: Game Changer: SEC Lifts General Solicitation Ban - Forbes

Fact Sheet - Eliminating the Prohibition on General Solicitation and General Advertising in Certain Offerings

My bet is this thread is going to end up just like the other thread. :sigh:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
...time to chime in.. For those of us like me...and there are many...asking for $14,000 is a joke.

In 3yrs time my wife and I bought a foreclosure for $25,000, I remodeled it and have about $15,000 in materials and blood and sweat, and owe ZERO. My Wife grossed about $20/hr at that time. We had no savings. I worked, then unemployed, then worked for cash, and hustled ! We both have kids and responsibilities. The hardest and most rewarding 3 yrs I've had.

Now...I've got a web site being designed and am solving a problem. I had $ saved and I wouldn't think of asking anyone for money unless I had a good amount of money and time invested myself.

All I'm saying is there are a lot of us who have planned...thought things through...and busted our asses to get what we wanted.

I feel like you're just jerking chains and hitting bad cords with people here. No more of my time here.

I do wish you luck and hope you prosper.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
ill do you a favor and give you some good insights however to enlighten your perspective.

Some of the most brilliant minds I have ever met offered you some free advice, but you are too busy playing xBox and talking shit to even know it.

Never in my two years at the forum has there ever been a more perfect song to fit a poster than this...

[video=youtube;UE6iAjEv9dQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UE6iAjEv9dQ[/video]

I'm out. Last one here please flip off the lights.

Last edited:

hedgehog757

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
Jan 24, 2012
New York
If you want to know how the people on this forum make money. Including people who have started more recently than others, even if they are not multimillionaires yet, they are working hard at it. I would suggest you read a few progress threads and think about what those people are doing. They hustle!.

I can suggest one that I have gotten to watch in person from the start to where it is now.
If I were you, I would read the Progress Thread of The Paintbrush Cover from beginning to end by Likwid 24. He didn't come on here and post he wanted money from anyone and he did get his chops busted in the beginning as we all do when we start asking questions before looking for answers.

I happen to work with the guy at our Slowlane job and I can tell you firsthand, he busted his a$$ to get things done. There are other good threads out there you can look at ways people have done things to make money. Even the one who posted today about making money getting tickets to a football game. I read as many of them as I can before I ask questions. Even then, I still don't know if I ask the right questions. But when you see MJ and Vigilante post something and know they both can take a vacation whenever they want because they are retired, I would think they are the guys you should listen to! There is a reason your Reputation Speed currently states In Reverse but you can change that.

Your own ideas have not gotten you to their level yet, so why not stop talking/arguing and listen for a little while. People are here to help you succeed. But they will treat you harshly when you just come on and ask for an amount of money. Not because they want to hurt your feelings but because they want you to know you can do this yourself!

That being said, Good luck and I hope you get everything you want.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
D

DeletedUser394

I'd be willing to drop 14k on some boats and hoes. Don't even have to pay me back! Lmao that was hilarious!

JEdwards

Legendary Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jan 16, 2011
Texas
Yale, I think the best thing you can do now is go off and prove everyone wrong.

Please come back after you change the music world.. Until then..

TheTruth

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Feb 13, 2012
Toronto/Scottsdale
Ahah, this thread reminds me of something ...

OP is this you ?

(FAST FORWARD TO 25:00)

[video=youtube;2pomqRNEZok]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pomqRNEZok[/video]

nzerinto

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Aug 1, 2012
Toronto, Canada
I remember when I was 19/20 (I believe that's OP's age - correct me if I'm wrong).

My uncle told me..... "You know everything at 20.....and at 23, you don't know anything."

Never a truer word spoken.... :)

CommonCents

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Apr 14, 2009
MN
[video=youtube;gNiEp8xSzQY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNiEp8xSzQY[/video]

It's B-RAD from Malibu

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I can't really comment on the money part because I have almost 0 experience in this aspect, although I am getting one now.

However, as a guy who lost 260 lbs (485 - 218), it took commitment, sweat and determination. And a period of screwing around due to lack of experience and education, but still. Anyways, there are people in one camp that begged for weight loss surgery to be done (lap band or stomach stapling) as a shortcut or a fast vehicle in losing weight; there are people in another that done this the hard way purely through diet and exercise.

A) You can beg a doctor to have a procedure done in order to lose weight but no progress is made in meanwhile.

B) Or you can choose yourself and do it purely through diet and exercise, thus immediately making progress. And choosing this path will be FAR more rewarding in the long run than above. I can lose or gain weight at will, know how to do it, is able to identify foods, etc, etc. I learned nutrition and exercise on my own through research and experience without consulting anybody.

I can easily pick up my experience and start freelancing to help others lose weight because I have extensive experience. And hell, I'm actually thinking about doing this for a lot of young men like myself. This and get my biz started up at the same time.

See how simply just by choosing yourself, you're opening doors on your own? You don't need another man to do it for you.

Right now, my ultimate goal is to reach 185 lbs. I want to lose a grand total of 300 pounds JUST by diet and exercise. And then I want to gain weight in a good way.

Speed+

This forum never ceases to amaze me. Just when I write shit off to the scrap heap, a piece of gold gets unearthed. Excellent analogy, and probably the most helpful post in this thread.

I hope the OP makes this happen. I would love nothing more than to read about his success story.

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
Now this post in an example of arrogance, it's sad to see that on the Fastlane Forum someone can try to be so insulting; this is a place of intelligence. I didn't say im high and mighty, I said that I'm determined. I am far from arrogant, in fact I am very open minded and empathetic, people on here texted me saying that you all have the wrong impression of me and it's weird. I am actually the opposite just very confident..

They can be successful, MJ (or MJ DeMarco) has given me good advice, Vigilante has just been insulting and its not a good reflection upon the Fastlane Forum that a moderator would insult a poster like that for no reason at all, which isn't just my opinion alone; and zen gave good advice and I am willing to listen to his questions.

Somethings not communicating right here, I see. Ah, the vagueness of the internet...

Fixed^

In regards to:"I am far from arrogant, in fact I am very open minded and empathetic, people on here texted me saying that you all have the wrong impression of me and it's weird. I am actually the opposite just very confident.."

It doesn't matter how you think you are or how you actually are, it's about how people perceive you; if a majority of people think you are coming off as arrogant then it's not their problem, it's yours and you need to fix it if you want it to change.

So far my opinion is that I have seen lots of arrogance/confidence (whatever you want to call it), in a "I am twenty something, I know everything in the world and everyone else is an idiot" sort of way. You don't know what you don't know, you need to be aware of your ignorance or it will be your downfall (and yes, I am aware of MY ignorance).

Two tip's: One is to limit the use of the word opportunity if you are around potential investors. Secondly, make SOME effort as far as capitalizing your words, use of commas where appropriate, etc. online, I know it's the internet and it can't always be perfect but a complete lack of effort makes you look under-educated.

Now, stop freaking arguing with people on here and go get the money you "need" to launch your company.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
i am far from arrogant

Excuse my memory but...

I'm trying to imagine a world back when I was 20 years old and had the ability to bounce an idea of 3 multimillionaires and hear their opinion-- at which time after hearing it, in so many words, I tell them to F*ck off.

Arrogance? Nawww....

dknise

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 29, 2012
North Bend, WA
Alright guys, I just cancelled Hulu and Netflix. This is enough entertainment to last me a lifetime.

1677257476001_2063243233001_nns-day2-high-two922x520.jpg

If you're not first, you're last. Shake and bake!

SeanKelly

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Aug 8, 2012
This reminds me of the shitty singers on American Idol who cursed the judges for "making the biggest mistake of their careers" by not sending them to Hollywood....

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Its not a shortcut I just have to have it this week.

LOL, I'm willing to do whatever it takes to become a millionaire just so long as it happens this week.

You son, are a contradiction.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

SeanKelly

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Aug 8, 2012

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Not sure how he did it but you can do it this way:

Get the image on the screen by scrolling up or down
Take a screen shot by pressing CTRL and PRTSC at the same time.
Open Paint program and paste.
Crop what you want and save as a jpg picture.
Post it here.

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
here's what i think of this thread.

KbFhLhG.gif

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I would like to see this thread bury itself if the OP is off to change the music industry. We're not going to close it (as the freak show at the circus is always a compelling attraction) but I look forward to a week from now when it is in the moth balls of forum history.

Be well, OP. Go find what you are looking for.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I have detected a softening of your edge. If you ever can take that amazing energy you have and convert it to action, you probably WILL change the world. This forum might have been a good stop along the way for you, as we are not all your hometown homies and nobody here wants your autograph. We all grow up with our Moms telling us how great we are. Then the real world doesn't give a shit, and you have to determine if your Mom was right all along... or if she was full of shit also. Every 6 year old has potential. Every football quarterback is a legend in his high school. None of that home team false praise counts in the real world. Nobody gives a shit.

You came in here looking for a handout, and are now heading in the direction of becoming an action taker.

So go make it happen. You have taken the body blows here, and are still standing. Respectable. So... cut the drama, go become...

I don't care if you check back here or not. Totally up to you. It should be enough for you to know that IF you make it, some of the people who engaged you along the way buy your CD. I say IF because as of now, it's still on your shoulders to get up and go get it.

I saw a private comment from someone here who respected your tenacity. Your approach may have been horse shit, but if you fix that maybe you can become your vision.

So stop F*cking around here and go get yourself what ever you need to be successful.

Good luck, kid. Sincerely. Go get 'em.

p.s. stop buying fake likes on Social media. Be real. Get real fans.

Gravytrain

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Oct 7, 2012
Vancouver, Canada
I would like to take out a loan for 14k to officially establish the company U.S wide.

This is a terrible idea - don't ever (ever) borrow money to start a business. On top of this being a terrible idea, even if you did get the $14k you're spending it in the wrong place(s). From your original thread:

What I need is just enough money for custom SEO marketing software, money to pay some people that are going to do big things for us, and money for just one piece of equipment for me and one piece of equipment for my first artist. Each of these pieces of equipment might need to be designed by professionals and are essential key elements in our performances.

1) "Custom SEO marketing software" is useless. I own a content marketing company and we do a LOT of promotional SEO work, both directly for our clients and indirectly through work that is whitelabeled through agencies / SEO houses / internet marketers. "Software" typically means "spam", and the only thing you should even attempt to rank with spam / junk links are churn-and-burn websites that you have no real attachment to. You also don't seem to know how to use whatever software you're thinking of buying, as if you did... you'd probably already own it. Paying $500 for a copy of XRumer does not an SEO make.

2) If anyone is doing "big things" at that low of a price point, they can do it for less, for free or for equity. If not, find someone who can and will.

3) Rent your equipment. Problem solved. If your equipment is custom, then ditch that idea and use whatever you can off the shelf.

I will be able to pay back the loan fully in 3-4 months which is as soon as we take off.

It's great to have goals; it's another thing to make predictions. You come off as arrogant but hey, this is the internet so everyone has an inflated sense of everything. Best of luck to you and I'll certainly be checking in on your "progress" thread as I can't wait to see this $14k get vaporized.

AmyQ

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 5, 2013
its all about numbers, the reason you might think people on here are being "harsh" are simply because they're operating blindly because they don't know what the actual business is LOL. the bank will know because they are potential investors, so they will be interested, especially since they see numbers and facts to back up my real pitch, not some vague internet summary.

Okay, great. If the bank will be interested, get your financial documents in order and make an appointment with a loan officer.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
::update. Somehow his rep speed went negative (I didn't know this was even possible.) He was kicked into a review status internally. It will be adjusted later today. Sorry for the site error and it generated several alert messages. Ironic, but we'll see how to get it corrected when the head site mechanic is able to take a look at it.::

Meanwhile, if you want to avoid having your Reputation Speed turn red like this, while we are fixing the bug check out:

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/forum-news-updates-faqs/47120-adding-value-fast-lane-forum.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
Your giving us at the forum a bad name. And InLikeFlint is doing himself the best favor by getting involved with me. He knows this as well. I am someone of ambition, intelligence ,and growth and hes apart of something great. It seems like you aren't doing yourself any favors by trying to knock me down instead of being insightful, asking questions and learning what you need to learn. I expect your next post to be more meaningful.
:rofl:

If Vigilante is giving the forum a bad name I can't even imagine how bad the rest of us make this place look.

No leg humping here but he was appointed Moderator for a reason. His reputation is far ahead of most for a reason. He provides value. He provides, you're attempting to take..and you're telling one of the most respected members here what you "expect from him" ?

:smx4:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.