The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

2015 Fastlane Summit, Official Thread

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
I'd like to get brief introductions from each of our speakers...

@Arrabista
@AffPlaybook
@AnneC
@JasonR
@ΕΝΔΕΚΑ
@Iwokeup
@Milkanic
@Eskil
@Travis Phipps
@benhebert
@Esquire
@GlobalWealth
@splok
@TopChef
@eliquid

Please PM your introduction to me directly.

EDIT:

Here's a simple template to help write your intro...

Describe your background relative to the topic, to the audience, or to establish credibility. If applicable include a noteworthy accomplishment relating to your topic.

Describe enough of the topic to arouse audience interest in your topic and in you.

Please include your full name and if necessary pronunciation instruction.

Thanks!

Last edited:

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Sure - can you let us know what you're looking for and where they'll be used (will help me write it).

Thanks!

Just as your intro to the group when taking the floor to present.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ

TheTruth

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Feb 13, 2012
Toronto/Scottsdale
How would you like me to introduce you to the group before you come up to present?

As one of last years organizers of this event, I nominate myself to write up @JasonR 's introduction :)

... let's be honest, this can only result in awesomeness for the group!

...... also totally bummed I won't make it this year :(

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
How would you like me to introduce you to the group before you come up to present?
Here's a simple template to help write your intro...

Describe your background relative to the topic, to the audience, or to establish credibility. If applicable include a noteworthy accomplishment relating to your topic.

Describe enough of the topic to arouse audience interest in your topic and in you.

Please include your full name and if necessary pronunciation instruction.

EDITED my intro request post above with this information.

Last edited:

Iwokeup

Aut viam invenium aut faciam
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
UPDATE @ 0700 CST

- Re: Thursday night dinner and drinks: I'm going to declare the Yardhouse by default unless I hear objections/better suggestions. :) Let's get a head count

- Those "in" for Thursday night so far:

@randomnumber314
@splok
@OperationMyWay
@Chitown
@Travis Phipps (I think)
@Y.B.
@FLexitee
@Turbo
@FastLanePursuer
@SeanKelly
@czach41
@JasonR
@AllenCrawley
@pickeringmt
@Mrs. BRKb
@throttleforward
@1step
@Eskil
@LightHouse
@MarkNNelson
@1step
@csalvato
@TheSilverSpoon
@TopChef
@Atown512
@ΕΝΔΕΚΑ
@K.Y.
@allthatjazz +1
@Red
@FionaS
@72NovaGuy
@MJ DeMarco
@Castaway
@saigon
@Even Steven
@Ramble On
@Chaseb731
@Iwokeup +1
@eliquid
@ctkim
@TopChef
@AnneC +1
@AndrewNC
@Catalyst (tentative)
@thorn (tentative)
@putinwork
@danoodle
@MikeC

Yardhouse updated and asked to expect 50.

I will send out a mass text on Thursday morning with the time, my contact number, and the YH address and phone number.
ANYONE ELSE?

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA

EvanOkanagan

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Aug 2, 2013
UPDATE @ 2142 CST

- Re: Thursday night dinner and drinks: I'm going to declare the Yardhouse by default unless I hear objections/better suggestions. :) Let's get a head count

@randomnumber314
@splok
@OperationMyWay
@Chitown
@Travis Phipps (I think)
@Y.B.
@FLexitee
@Turbo
@FastLanePursuer
@SeanKelly
@czach41
@JasonR
@AllenCrawley
@pickeringmt
@Mrs. BRKb
@throttleforward
@1step
@Eskil
@LightHouse
@MarkNNelson
@1step
@csalvato
@TheSilverSpoon
@TopChef
@Atown512
@ΕΝΔΕΚΑ
@K.Y.
@allthatjazz +1
@Red
@FionaS
@72NovaGuy
@MJ DeMarco
@Castaway
@saigon
@Even Steven
@Ramble On
@Chaseb731
@Iwokeup +1
@eliquid
@ctkim
@TopChef

I will send out a mass text on Thursday morning with the time, my contact number, and the YH address and phone number.
ANYONE ELSE?

I'm in as well

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013
So I just found out some awful news.

I fly out of Louisville Kentucky Thursday at 9am EST and when I checked the 10 day forecast back Saturday night, everything was clear and bright as far as weather goes.

They are now calling for 8-12 inches of snow Wednesday-Thursday, which means if that happens I will not be making it.

8-12 inches might not be a lot for some cities, but when it comes to the rural part of Kentucky I will be stuck in the house ( and possibly without power ) for at least 3-4 days as our roads ( and driveways ) where I live won't be plowed anytime soon.

I am still going to plan and be ready in case the weather people are wrong to come in and speak and be there for the lunches and dinners I set up, however there is a great chance I won't be there.

randomnumber314

speed of a drunk camel
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 7, 2014
Minnesoooota,USA

I fly out of Louisville Kentucky Thursday at 9am EST and when I checked the 10 day forecast back Saturday night, everything was clear and bright as far as weather goes.

They are now calling for 8-12 inches of snow Wednesday-Thursday, which means if that happens I will not be making it.

8-12 inches might not be a lot for some cities, but when it comes to the rural part of Kentucky I will be stuck in the house ( and possibly without power ) for at least 3-4 days as our roads ( and driveways ) where I live won't be plowed anytime soon.

I am still going to plan and be ready in case the weather people are wrong to come in and speak and be there for the lunches and dinners I set up, however there is a great chance I won't be there.

Get one of these, start driving now.
giphy.gif

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA

Glad you mentioned this, the forecast changed here as well. hopeing the early flights wont get cancelled on thursday for us as well.

Y.B.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Feb 7, 2014
Yep just checked and saw 100% chance of snow :(

Hope we don't get delayed

benhebert

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
234%
Dec 3, 2012
Traveling
UPDATE @ 0700 CST

@randomnumber314
@splok
@OperationMyWay
@Chitown
@Travis Phipps (I think)
@Y.B.
@FLexitee
@Turbo
@FastLanePursuer
@SeanKelly
@czach41
@JasonR
@AllenCrawley
@pickeringmt
@Mrs. BRKb
@throttleforward
@1step
@Eskil
@LightHouse
@MarkNNelson
@1step
@csalvato
@TheSilverSpoon
@TopChef
@Atown512
@ΕΝΔΕΚΑ
@K.Y.
@allthatjazz +1
@Red
@FionaS
@72NovaGuy
@MJ DeMarco
@Castaway
@saigon
@Even Steven
@Ramble On
@Chaseb731
@Iwokeup +1
@eliquid
@ctkim
@TopChef
@AnneC +1
@AndrewNC
@Catalyst (tentative)
@thorn (tentative)
@putinwork
@danoodle
@MikeC

ANYONE ELSE?

Edit... I don't actually get in until Friday.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Will there be snow in Scottsdale, other than in the mountains?

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
Will there be snow in Scottsdale, other than in the mountains?

The only white, fluffy substance here will be the head on our beer:

Zwk2Zy7.jpg

EDIT - For the people like me, who are used to Celsius:

Thursday: 22
Friday: 26
Saturday: 27
Sunday: 28

Last edited:

danoodle

Freedom Seeker
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 1, 2011
Kansas, toto

I believe it was 2 years ago I had the same issue. I called the airline and told them about the forecast and they moved me to an earlier flight for free. If I hadn't changed my flight I would have missed the event cause the airport was shut down for a couple days. If you can, try and get them to bump up the flight!

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013
I wish I could bump the flight.

While I am sure the airline would do this, I leave at 9am that morning already.. first flight out that day is prob 6am and the snow will be here Wednesday night already so that rules out a Thursday 6am flight too really if I can't make it down my road to even get to the airport. It's raining today, wednesday, and thursday here.. so most of the snow will actually be ice and the temp will just freeze the wet roads to ice too underneath the snow.

Bumping it up to Wednesday is a no-go for me. Because I was originally leaving on Thursday, I pushed all my Thursday, Friday, and Monday commitments to Wednesday. Some of these I can break.. but several I can not. So leaving Wednesday is also out of the question.

The bigger thing is that if it does snow 12 inches, I can't honestly up and leave my wife and kids here with the possibility of losing electric ( happens with snow and ice pellets like this where I live ) and having no heat while I am 3 time zones away. Power lines snap, branches fall on lines or houses, etc. Someone has to be here to make sure pipes don't burst, electric is on ( generator ), kerosene heaters are running if needed, etc.

Trust me, I am seriously bummed about this, but like I said I am still planning to attend and be there in case I wake up and the weathermen are wrong. I'm waiting until the last minute to make my mind up.

I really need to be there. I have a new venture I really need to connect with some people on and get some advice on ( huge skin care product deal I wanna get on Amazon and other direct to consumer channels ), as well as wanting to meet a lot of you for lunch and dinner and learn from so many other of the speakers.

If I don't make it at all, I might do a recording here at home on my presentation and then later ask MJ and Red if it can be PM'd to all the attendees so you can have my presentation. This would be later next week though.

Last edited:

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
@eliquid - as I told you this morning too, I'd be bummed of course to see you not make it. BUT of course, priorities like the safety and well being of family comes first no matter what. We totally understand if you can't make it happen.

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013
While not my presentation entirely, I do have a 1 hour and 40 minute podcast I did with another blogger last month that comes with a PDF follow along I might post in this thread that covers some of what I was going to talk about.

I might post this Wednesday night if I see the snow/ice is already deep and then do the actual presentation recording here at home next week too as a consolidation.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Just got my flight mpved from thurs morning to wed middle of the night. United said all Thursday was likey to cancel

throttleforward

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Oct 30, 2009
Washington DC
Just got my flight mpved from thurs morning to wed middle of the night. United said all Thursday was likey to cancel
I did the same. FYI for those in the mid-Atlantic, if you can change your flight I'd go ahead and do it. The models are in decent alignment that this will be a major storm. Airlines will likely switch you at no cost if they are able (like they just did for me and @LightHouse).

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.