The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Zero-Sum of the Slowlane

Topics related to Slowlane, Scripted mainstream dogma

DomtheDominator

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Jun 21, 2015
Hello Fastlaners (is that what we call ourselves?)

I'm not much of a forum person. I think the majority of folks on forums, whether it be reddit/bodybuilding/4chan are elitist and conceited.

However, after reading MJ's book, i've been trolling around here for the past week or so and am pleasantly surprised to notice a different vibe around here. There is no childish trolling (the sucky kind), putting down others, and everyone seems to be genuinely here to better the Fastlane community.

This brings me to my next point of topic- zero-sum. Sidewalkers and slowlaners epitomize zero-sum. It is in their nature. The sidewalkers compete for the scrapes of society while slowlaners are ingrained to compete for our leftovers (be the top in your high school class to get into university, be in the top 20 percentile to get into Law School, be the cream of the crop to get hired by a good firm, be better than the other associates to become a legitimate lawyer for the firm, and finally, if you are somehow able to best those who have overcome the same obstacles, then maybe you will become partner and live your dream).

What a joke. From the time we are children to our retirement homes we must engage in an endless blood battle to perhaps have a chance to receive a share of the pie? F*CK that (are we allowed to swear??).

Fortunately i came to this realization early. But i had wasted a year at University partying and binge drinking and doing drugs because i did not want to partake in the misery of the slowlane. I did not realize that i was drifting into the sidewalk. Worse, i did not realize there was a third option. The Fastlane. A community of folks with big dreams, like myself, working in unison and synergy to bake a pie large enough for everyone.

I understand that some ideas must be kept secret, that there are those who will exploit the goodness of others for their own selfish gains. But let us not forget,friends, zero-sum is a flawed slowlane perception. If we work together, we can distribute giant slices of pie to those who have earned their share.

PS. I know this is a long first post, but i would like to share this slice with everyone!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Last edited:

daivey

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Apr 6, 2014
Hello Fastlaners (is that what we call ourselves?)

I'm not much of a forum person. I think the majority of folks on forums, whether it be reddit/bodybuilding/4chan are elitist and conceited.

However, after reading MJ's book, i've been trolling around here for the past week or so and am pleasantly surprised to notice a different vibe around here. There is no childish trolling (the sucky kind), putting down others, and everyone seems to be genuinely here to better the Fastlane community.

This brings me to my next point of topic- zero-sum. Sidewalkers and slowlaners epitomize zero-sum. It is in their nature. The sidewalkers compete for the scrapes of society while slowlaners are ingrained to compete for our leftovers (be the top in your high school class to get into university, be in the top 20 percentile to get into Law School, be the cream of the crop to get hired by a good firm, be better than the other associates to become a legitimate lawyer for the firm, and finally, if you are somehow able to best those who have overcome the same obstacles, then maybe you will become partner and live your dream).

What a joke. From the time we are children to our retirement homes we must engage in an endless blood battle to perhaps have a chance to receive a share of the pie? F*CK that (are we allowed to swear??).

Fortunately i came to this realization early. But i had wasted a year at University partying and binge drinking and doing drugs because i did not want to partake in the misery of the slowlane. I did not realize that i was drifting into the sidewalk. Worse, i did not realize there was a third option. The Fastlane. A community of folks with big dreams, like myself, working in unison and synergy to bake a pie large enough for everyone.

I understand that some ideas must be kept secret, that there are those who will exploit the goodness of others for their own selfish gains. But let us not forget,friends, zero-sum is a flawed slowlane perception. If we work together, we can distribute giant slices of pie to those who have earned their share.

PS. I know this is a long first post, but i would like to share this slice with everyone!

so you don't think it's a dog eat dog world?

DomtheDominator

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Jun 21, 2015
so you don't think it's a dog eat dog world?

I do, i'm not that naive. Tigers and Lions are both apex predators. But despite the fact that Tigers are larger, more agile, and overall deadlier than Lions, it is the Lion who is the king of the jungle. I think synergized efforts have an expontential potential in comparison to individual efforts. Ideas are better when collectively articulated, criticized, and improved. This is my overarching belief.

I think MJ said 3 trillion dollars is exchanged/circulated daily. There is more than enough money in the world for the relatively few geniuses to each have a modest share of a few hundred thousand (maybe a milli or two please) a year. My value to the world, to a certain degree, does not have to compete with your value.

Is it a dog eat dog world? Yes. But i think that sort of selfish mentality is slowlane and will not get many far.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...