The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Your on your death bed

rocksolid

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Nov 17, 2008
New York
So a topic came up with friends the other night. We all work hard trying to achieve what ever our goals are. When it's all said and done and your laying on your death bed what do you want to have accomplished so that you can die in peace? I thought this was an interesting question to post because it really makes you think about life and what you are striving to get done. Everybody here is at a different phases in their live and different ages so i'm sure the answers will vary.

For me, being 42 yrs old and married with a young son, the one thing it always came back to for me was making sure that I teach my child how to survive in this world and to leave him a business that he will one day be able to take control over and continue to build up. For those of you that don't know my son is Autistic and soooo much of our energy is put toward helping him.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lights

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Apr 13, 2011
On the Internet
I'll do my last confession/prayer before I die, if I know I am probably going to die. I have to plan for my future, and make sure my lot is secured. Just in case, there is a heaven.

The past is the past, whatever mistakes I made doesn't matter, and if I have children (assuming middle age adults by then) they will live good fruitful lives and make their dreams come true. I'll leave all my wealth to whoever love me the most in life, and if that happens to be a grandchild because my kids were just selfish then so be it. I hope not though. If they all love me then I'll divide the wealth equally.

I just don't know how my kids might turn out to be, but I really hope they turn out to be responsible and civilized adults. I set a great example for them, since I won't have kids unless I am wealthy enough to support them, and have a stable environment for them to grow into great people.

I'll die in peace regardless, if I became a bum on the street or a successful entrepreneur, since I can't take anything with me.

-----
I might have my body set up for cryonics, since I won't lose anything doing it. So why not? It's the truth.

tua79610

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Mar 9, 2012
Philadelphia, PA
Having survived cancer twice, I want to be successful enough to donate a large amount of money to cancer research. In addition, I would also like to be an inspiration to young cancer survivors and show them that anything is possible. If I accomplish this, I think I will have ultimately succeeded.

Thrive

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Nov 2, 2011
San Antonio, TX
In the end, I don't think the amount of wealth Ive accumulated is really going to be important. All I want is to have my family and close friends around me, and to know that I led my family right, raised my kids right, nurtured healthy and long lasting relationships with friends and God and die with a clear conscience.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.