The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Your favourite Fiverr for CAD/Designing your invention

Marigold

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Nov 15, 2018
Glasgow & Malaga
Hi everyone,

I ran a search for Fiverr and loads of people have relied on a Fiverr gig for sketching or designing or 3D imaging their invention.

Rather than search through 1000s of gigs I wondered if you could share who YOU would recommend based on who you worked with.

Basically I want someone who's good (and trustworthy) and I trust the opinion of members on this forum. If you have a go-to guy or girl can you drop their username below?

Thanks

Emma

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Benacles

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
354%
May 20, 2018
France
Hi Emma,

I've just asked my go-to guy, but he is not skilled in design — if you ever need market research though, I'll be happy to put you in touch.

Note that I've written a post about hiring on Fiverr; you may find it useful.

In your case, I would recommend posting a request and filtering the numerous offers through specific questions and a test included in the description of your gig. I had great results with the following questions:
  1. Could you tell me why you think you would be the perfect match for this task?
  2. What is your experience with this particular market?
  3. Is the scope of the gig clear enough for you?
  4. How much time are you going to need to complete the task?
  5. How much would it cost me if I were to hire you for this gig? Make me your best offer; I’m not going to negotiate the price, but I’m not going to hire you if it is way higher than what the competition offers.
The great freelancers will always answer these questions with an ordered list as well: it shows that they care about your project and that they are organized. Forget about the others.

Regarding the test, it could be as simple as asking for a 2-minutes sketch of your idea. Serious freelancers will either ask for more information or fulfill your request immediately.

ManlyMansNegator

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 29, 2018
Australia
Also depends on extent of device you are designing you could probably just learn it yourself.I was going to pay 200$ for someone to do it for me but did it for free myself.Any reason why you are outsourcing? is it a complex design?

Marigold

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Nov 15, 2018
Glasgow & Malaga
Hi Emma,

I've just asked my go-to guy, but he is not skilled in design — if you ever need market research though, I'll be happy to put you in touch.

Note that I've written a post about hiring on Fiverr; you may find it useful.

In your case, I would recommend posting a request and filtering the numerous offers through specific questions and a test included in the description of your gig. I had great results with the following questions:
  1. Could you tell me why you think you would be the perfect match for this task?
  2. What is your experience with this particular market?
  3. Is the scope of the gig clear enough for you?
  4. How much time are you going to need to complete the task?
  5. How much would it cost me if I were to hire you for this gig? Make me your best offer; I’m not going to negotiate the price, but I’m not going to hire you if it is way higher than what the competition offers.
The great freelancers will always answer these questions with an ordered list as well: it shows that they care about your project and that they are organized. Forget about the others.

Regarding the test, it could be as simple as asking for a 2-minutes sketch of your idea. Serious freelancers will either ask for more information or fulfill your request immediately.

That is wonderful. Thank you!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vadim26

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Nov 23, 2018
Vancouver, BC.
I am at the same stage, but my product requires knowledge beyond my diploma in Mechanical Engineering.

Most of my work is in CAD software, so I can help you make a CAD model for free if it's something simple :) PM me

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.