The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Your book recommendation on investing

Anything related to investing, including crypto

Rafal

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jul 14, 2011
Warsaw, Poland
What would you recommend to understand how stock works - let's say 101 of investing (even better if it's contrarian investing)

Rafal

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

winner1

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 26, 2011
Metro Detroit
I second that to Warren Buffet. He is awesome.

Also Benjamin Graham's book "The Intelligent Investor" is a good read.
(I believe Benjamin Graham was Warren Buffet's mentor.)

Rickson9

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Sep 4, 2010
Canada
The Interpretation Of Financial Statements either by Ben Graham or Mary Buffet, both are good.

Bozigian

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Oct 13, 2010
You should read the Intelligent Investor if you understand, what the market cap and p/e, p/b means.

Its a long read.

But for a first how about stock investing for dummies

vangorilla

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Aug 15, 2011
South Florida
Hands down, any of Michael Covel's "Trend" books. He uses the "FastLane" concept for investing. In fact you will find his writing, and methods, very similar to MJ's.

(Trend Following)

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/013702018X/trendfollowin-20

(Turtle Trader)

Amazon.com: The Complete TurtleTrader: How 23 Novice Investors Became Overnight Millionaires (9780061241710): Michael W. Covel: Books

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Rafal

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jul 14, 2011
Warsaw, Poland
Hands down, any of Michael Covel's "Trend" books. He uses the "FastLane" concept for investing. In fact you will find his writing, and methods, very similar to MJ's.

(Trend Following)

Amazon.com: Trend Following (Updated Edition): Learn to Make Millions in Up or Down Markets (9780137020188): Michael W. Covel: Books

(Turtle Trader)

Amazon.com: The Complete TurtleTrader: How 23 Novice Investors Became Overnight Millionaires (9780061241710): Michael W. Covel: Books

thank you, this really looks cool.

Mixmasta

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 26, 2011
For stocks I really liked Rule #1

Amazon.com: Rule #1: The Simple Strategy for Successful Investing in Only 15 Minutes a Week! (9780307336842): Phil Town: Books

It's basically the strategy that Warren Buffet is using, but in my opinion it's explained better than in any of the Buffet books. This is a pretty safe way of investing (as opposed to day trading, options, etc.) but it needs a good amount of money to start and patience to sit and wait. Stocks are definitely not fastlane investing but it's a good place to put your money once you got it.

As a sidenote, I bought the book in 2007, analyzed a ton of companies and though what the hell, none of them seem to be worth investing in. Turns out that this has been just a couple weeks before the crash and the resulting bear market. I bought one companys stock anyway that had really strong fundamentals. When the market crashed it took a dip in 2008 and 2009 but I still own it today and its worth double than what I paid for it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.