troyfawkes
PARKED
- Joined
- Dec 19, 2011
- Messages
- 27
Rep Bank
$70
$70
Hey!
I'm 23, from Canada, and I'm currently a professor at a University in China. Uh. That's another story.
When I was in University I got over a bad break up by massively improving my social skills - clubs/bars/talking to girls during the day, you name it. I ended up doing something called Project Rockstar which was a 2-month international crash-course with dozens of professional dating coaches as well as masters of other fields. It was basically the point where I started seeing social skills as... well... handled. Since I'm a healthy guy (I love rock climbing!) all I really needed was wealth.
Taking lessons from some of my business mentors, I started an affiliate marketing venture in my last year of university. I raked in about $6k in the first couple months before I realized two flaws - 1) Facebook (where I bought traffic) could change their price any second (and did) which is outside of my control and 2) I had no assurance that I wasn't being screwed by the people whose products I was selling (I was) or by the middle man (this happened too).
I then went on to start learning SEO with the AdSense method (google Tuna Sandwich.... actually.. don't...). I found that to be very unfulfilling.
Now I'm attempting to create quality web applications that meet real needs (in this case, for free) better than any of my competition. I have a huge interest in social skills training and improvement, so I intend to completely dominate sub-niches of dating and offer them high quality products once I've gotten them tested myself and with students of mine back home.
I also intend to (and am working on) revolutionize social skills education.
Aaaanyway, if you're in the dating or social skills niche, or if you have an interesting personal blog with stories from your life, I'd love to hear from you. I really need to start connecting with real people in this niche so we can help each other out
Good to be here, by the way. I read the "New Here? Some advice..." post and it made me happy.
EDIT: I'm not sure if I should post a link in my first post so I'll opt against it. BUT! The site I'm currently building up is "realcompliments.com" and it's a community-driven web app. It's already ranking after 10 days! Woo! It represents the testing phase of a future 5-6 site network that I figure will have the attention of half a million people every month. Right now it just gets 150/day, but you know.. it's 10 days old....
I'm 23, from Canada, and I'm currently a professor at a University in China. Uh. That's another story.
When I was in University I got over a bad break up by massively improving my social skills - clubs/bars/talking to girls during the day, you name it. I ended up doing something called Project Rockstar which was a 2-month international crash-course with dozens of professional dating coaches as well as masters of other fields. It was basically the point where I started seeing social skills as... well... handled. Since I'm a healthy guy (I love rock climbing!) all I really needed was wealth.
Taking lessons from some of my business mentors, I started an affiliate marketing venture in my last year of university. I raked in about $6k in the first couple months before I realized two flaws - 1) Facebook (where I bought traffic) could change their price any second (and did) which is outside of my control and 2) I had no assurance that I wasn't being screwed by the people whose products I was selling (I was) or by the middle man (this happened too).
I then went on to start learning SEO with the AdSense method (google Tuna Sandwich.... actually.. don't...). I found that to be very unfulfilling.
Now I'm attempting to create quality web applications that meet real needs (in this case, for free) better than any of my competition. I have a huge interest in social skills training and improvement, so I intend to completely dominate sub-niches of dating and offer them high quality products once I've gotten them tested myself and with students of mine back home.
I also intend to (and am working on) revolutionize social skills education.
Aaaanyway, if you're in the dating or social skills niche, or if you have an interesting personal blog with stories from your life, I'd love to hear from you. I really need to start connecting with real people in this niche so we can help each other out
Good to be here, by the way. I read the "New Here? Some advice..." post and it made me happy.
EDIT: I'm not sure if I should post a link in my first post so I'll opt against it. BUT! The site I'm currently building up is "realcompliments.com" and it's a community-driven web app. It's already ranking after 10 days! Woo! It represents the testing phase of a future 5-6 site network that I figure will have the attention of half a million people every month. Right now it just gets 150/day, but you know.. it's 10 days old....
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
