My wandering eye (the eternal problem of the serial entrepreneur) has been acting up lately. I had this little idea that I thought I could do to pull in a little extra cash to supplement my business. I've tried it before successfully but in very different economic and geographic circumstances. This time, though, it's not working.
It finally occurred to me that I had just gotten lucky in the past. The market happened to want what I wanted to offer. This sounds like a ramble, but I really think a lot of people could be more successful if they just took a minute to think about whether or not the idea or hustle they are trying to do is about the market or about desire/laziness, etc. to just provide what it is they are the most comfortable providing.
This is like business rule #1, logically, but it really hits home when you finally SEE it in yourself.
It finally occurred to me that I had just gotten lucky in the past. The market happened to want what I wanted to offer. This sounds like a ramble, but I really think a lot of people could be more successful if they just took a minute to think about whether or not the idea or hustle they are trying to do is about the market or about desire/laziness, etc. to just provide what it is they are the most comfortable providing.
This is like business rule #1, logically, but it really hits home when you finally SEE it in yourself.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
