- Joined
- Aug 7, 2014
- Messages
- 342
Rep Bank
$1,380
$1,380
User Power: 205%
I am EXTREMELY active in social media and a large portion of my energy is invested on Instagram.
Every now and again, I get malicious people posting inappropriate comments on my posts or I get down right angry people who express their frustration with me for commenting on their pictures.
When it first happened I simply deleted the rude comments on my pics and moved on. Or, when I offended someone I apologized for intruding and went about my way. But I wanted to see if I could exploit this in order to turn the situation around in my favor.
I had another random user come on to my page, which is very family oriented, and started posting very nasty and hateful things all over the pictures to screw with me. Afterwards, I wrote a full page public letter directed at the individual and explained why I was in business, what I strive to do for both my business and my family, explained what tasks I am challenged with on a day to day basis and that his actions made my day even more difficult. I explained that I was simply a hard working family man and was desperately trying to help my customers and take care of my family. Then after I wrapped up the letter, I posted a P.S with a 50% coupon code and titled it "DontBeRude" and invited him or anyone he knows to use said code. (I didn't care if he ever read it. It wasn't for him...)
I then posted it and let all of my followers and future followers see it and sat back to see what happened. All I'll say is I have been EXTREMELY happy with the results and it worked exactly the way I imagined. These kind of things can be very viral in nature. Instead of quietly cleaning up the mess and moving on, see if you can give your current and future customers a glimpse into your life. Use social media to show them that you are human and that you are there for THEM. Let them know how hard you work and gain their respect. It might just pay off in more ways than you think.
As for the ones who get angry...
I always reply again with a short description of what I am trying to accomplish and provide a 20% off coupon code using their user name as the code.
I once had a girl get pissed off and re-post a screen shot of my and her comments as well as the coupon code rebuttal and she was chastised by her own friends and it yet again resulted in money in my pocket. I know my products and services ACTUALLY matter and that they NEED to be shared so I have zero shame or guilt in plugging it everywhere I go. Don't be afraid to rebuttal angry people. Worse that can happen is they stay mad. That doesn't affect me.
I invite you all to give this a try... Can you turn hate or anger into a win?
Every now and again, I get malicious people posting inappropriate comments on my posts or I get down right angry people who express their frustration with me for commenting on their pictures.
When it first happened I simply deleted the rude comments on my pics and moved on. Or, when I offended someone I apologized for intruding and went about my way. But I wanted to see if I could exploit this in order to turn the situation around in my favor.
I had another random user come on to my page, which is very family oriented, and started posting very nasty and hateful things all over the pictures to screw with me. Afterwards, I wrote a full page public letter directed at the individual and explained why I was in business, what I strive to do for both my business and my family, explained what tasks I am challenged with on a day to day basis and that his actions made my day even more difficult. I explained that I was simply a hard working family man and was desperately trying to help my customers and take care of my family. Then after I wrapped up the letter, I posted a P.S with a 50% coupon code and titled it "DontBeRude" and invited him or anyone he knows to use said code. (I didn't care if he ever read it. It wasn't for him...)
I then posted it and let all of my followers and future followers see it and sat back to see what happened. All I'll say is I have been EXTREMELY happy with the results and it worked exactly the way I imagined. These kind of things can be very viral in nature. Instead of quietly cleaning up the mess and moving on, see if you can give your current and future customers a glimpse into your life. Use social media to show them that you are human and that you are there for THEM. Let them know how hard you work and gain their respect. It might just pay off in more ways than you think.
As for the ones who get angry...
I always reply again with a short description of what I am trying to accomplish and provide a 20% off coupon code using their user name as the code.
I once had a girl get pissed off and re-post a screen shot of my and her comments as well as the coupon code rebuttal and she was chastised by her own friends and it yet again resulted in money in my pocket. I know my products and services ACTUALLY matter and that they NEED to be shared so I have zero shame or guilt in plugging it everywhere I go. Don't be afraid to rebuttal angry people. Worse that can happen is they stay mad. That doesn't affect me.
I invite you all to give this a try... Can you turn hate or anger into a win?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
