The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Xcode IOS simulator can't be viewed - shows black screen

Ayanle Farah

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 13, 2016
Hi guys, I really didn't want to make this thread, it's like a last resort.

I was taking this course on creating IOS apps on swift when I ran into this problem.
When I put something on the launch screen, I want to run it on the simulator but whenever I do, it only shows a black screen instead of showing the app.

I've searched google and youtube, only thing I got was to reset the simulator to fix bugs and whatnot, I didn't have the same option on the mac I'm using(probably has to do with the fact I'm using a virtual mac). Instead what I did was click Hardware > Restart which worked on showing the screen on the simulator for a short while before it goes dark again.

I suspect it might have to do with internet connection but I'm not certain, my own internet connection is perfect, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ApparentHorizon

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Apr 1, 2016
Greenville, SC
Hi guys, I really didn't want to make this thread, it's like a last resort.

I was taking this course on creating IOS apps on swift when I ran into this problem.
When I put something on the launch screen, I want to run it on the simulator but whenever I do, it only shows a black screen instead of showing the app.

I've searched google and youtube, only thing I got was to reset the simulator to fix bugs and whatnot, I didn't have the same option on the mac I'm using(probably has to do with the fact I'm using a virtual mac). Instead what I did was click Hardware > Restart which worked on showing the screen on the simulator for a short while before it goes dark again.

I suspect it might have to do with internet connection but I'm not certain, my own internet connection is perfect, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Tried using a different vm software? - VirtualBox or VMWare

Talking out of my a$$ here, but could be the the emulator is looking for hardware hooks that the vm isn't providing.

You prob already checked this, but OS and/or XCode version.

• Banned

Ayanle Farah

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 13, 2016
Tried using a different vm software? - VirtualBox or VMWare

Talking out of my a$$ here, but could be the the emulator is looking for hardware hooks that the vm isn't providing.

You prob already checked this, but OS and/or XCode version.
My current software is Teamviewer.

The guy I purchased the VM from could only connect their id to two others, anydesk and nomachine as an alternative.

ApparentHorizon

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Apr 1, 2016
Greenville, SC
My current software is Teamviewer.

The guy I purchased the VM from could only connect their id to two others, anydesk and nomachine as an alternative.

That sounds odd.

Download and install VirtualBox, and find the latest OSX .iso. Look up "mac vm os" on youtube. The tutorials are user friendly.

Then you won't need an internet connection to run it.

I prototyped an app half a year ago on the previous version of OSX, and it worked fine.

Depending on how powerful your PC is, it may be slow at times. But hey, it's all free.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
  • Banned

Ayanle Farah

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 13, 2016
That sounds odd.

Download and install VirtualBox, and find the latest OSX .iso. Look up "mac vm os" on youtube. The tutorials are user friendly.

Then you won't need an internet connection to run it.

I prototyped an app half a year ago on the previous version of OSX, and it worked fine.

Depending on how powerful your PC is, it may be slow at times. But hey, it's all free.
So you're telling me I can download this thing and use a mac with xCode and swift for free and I don't even need an internet connection?

Did I read that right?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.