The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

www.weddingchapel.com

JAWS

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Aug 25, 2012
Chicago, IL
My grandfather has fallen ill to old age, and wants me to help him sell www.weddingchapel.com.

I come to you, fastlaners, to ask WHO we should sell it to before we put it on flippa.com

As of now, we have offers are out to the wedding chapels in Vegas.

Which market would benefit most from this domain name?

P.S. If you interested in the domain, PM me

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

tafy

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Aug 21, 2013
UK
Can you think of an use for the domain for yourself? Does he need the money?

JAWS

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Aug 25, 2012
Chicago, IL
He is a retired judge and got about half of his business through the site.

Does not need the money, but would like to give it to someone who may benefit from its use.

tafy

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Aug 21, 2013
UK
Well if you cant do anything with it then just sell it of flippa

Mrs. BRKb

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Apr 27, 2008
USA
Very nice domain.

If there's no deal to be struck now, hold on to it. Too good for low Flippa offers. There's a domainer conference coming up in Las Vegas soon fyi. http://namescon.com/

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
How is this domain name worth 80k? Maybe I just dont understand how these things work but I would never pay 80k for a domain name like this

Mrs. BRKb

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Apr 27, 2008
USA
How is this domain name worth 80k? Maybe I just dont understand how these things work but I would never pay 80k for a domain name like this

1step, you are certainly in the majority camp around here. Between the people who would never pay for a name at all, and the folks who would never pay that much, that's probably 98.8% or more of the forum.

How much value a domain has is up to the market to decide.

If a name helps make money for an owner, it has value.

If it's the definitive name of the category, it has value.

If biz owners want to protectively register the name to keep it out of the hands of the competition, it has value.

If shoppers intuitively type the name into the browser to navigate to your site, it has value. Think candy.com or flowers.com .

WalterBellhaven

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jan 12, 2012
Southern California
Did he close down the wedding chapel business entirely? I checked out site archive in the Wayback Machine and it looks like it is the sort of business that he could sell to someone else in the wedding business - another judge, a wedding planner, etc. Unless he is dead set against selling (or has already sold without including the domain), I'd include the domain as part of a complete business package.

JAWS

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Aug 25, 2012
Chicago, IL
He closed down the domain because he didn't know any better - he thought the press release would set it up best for the sale. I agree with you @WalterBellhaven, we should (and will) put the original domain up and show people the value through natural traffic.

@1step It's not worth $80k. That is the anchor to try and avoid a lowball offer.

Last edited:

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
He closed down the domain because he didn't know any better - he thought the press release would set it up best for the sale. I agree with you @WalterBellhaven, we should (and will) put the original domain up and show people the value through natural traffic.
@1step That is the anchor to try and avoid a lowball offer.

This thread will likely outrank your website (in SEO) so may want to delete your message stating what you want to sell for. If you do edit it let me know and I will edit this to not reveal your price (if you care).

Last edited:

JAWS

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Aug 25, 2012
Chicago, IL
This thread will likely outrank your website (in SEO) so may want to delete your message stating what you want to sell for. If you do edit it let me know and I will edit this to not reveal your price (if you care).

Edited. Thanks @1step

JAWS

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Aug 25, 2012
Chicago, IL
Waiting for my Uncle to reinstate the original content on the website.

@WalterBellhaven Great idea! Thank you

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.