The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Would this work as a first venture?

Feudal

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 26, 2012
I would like to start creating sites for local services in my city and sell leads. For example, I could begin a site for Dental Practices in my city, for example, "Dental Offices in Dallas". I don't live in Dallas but you get the point. I set up a snazzy site (already have a few ideas) and then get as many dental practices in my area to allow me to freely advertise them on my site in exchange for a fee each time I get them a patient, etc. I've already browsed many "directory" style sites for my area and notice they do a poor job, and have sites that look like they came out of 1995.

My biggest hurdle at the moment is trying to figure out a way to create an agreement and understand between myself and the each dental practice, to where I get paid a fee, say $15 or $20 for each potential client I send their way. The problem is getting the practice to recognize the patient discovered them through MY site AND/OR getting the patient to recognize they discovered their potential new dentist, because of me.

There must be some ways to make the purpose and efforts of the site known. If I simply post the list of dental practices, potential clients are just going to go about contacting themselves and my "middleman" position becomes pointless. Hopefully I've made my intentions clear. Anyone tried anything like this? Remember, Dental Practices are just ONE example of the many services you could do this for. I simply decided to use it because I think it's a strong need and so many people use it.

Matthew

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
Yep, the ideas been around for a long time, its called a lead gen website.

Steve W

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jun 7, 2012
Hi Matthew

This isn't the same as what you have in mind but might be another option for you to consider...

I'm in the process of creating a community site for the small town I live in. One of the primary features of the site is very basic free listings (essentially a phone book type listing) for local businesses and paid upgrades that have many worthwhile features for the business owner.

Would be happy to provide more info via pm if it would help.

Best of luck!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.