The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Would these 2 website ideas be profitable?

Idea threads

LucasA

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 21, 2012
Hi! :tiphat:

(I am new to building websites. Currently livin in Denmark)

Website 1 - Limo service
Just like MJ DeMarco, I could build a website like limos.com for Denmark.
One site has allready collected all (or some) of the danish limousine companies -> DANMARKS LIMOUSINE PORTAL
But there is not a site with a service that quickly provides the limo-searcher the BEST offer for his EXACT need, just like limos.com.
This is some of the Google keywords numbers:

Ideas 1.jpg

Website 2 - Party-facilities-for-rent-service

Ideas 2.jpg
These numbers are a little higher.
And this market too, have no service that makes it easy for the party-planner to get the best offer - quickly - from all companies compared .
It could be tents, chairs, tables, tablecloths or cutlery.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Are the Keywords numbers profit potentially high enough? And is it a big challenge when Google Keywords says that competition is high, even when the market doesn't have these services yet?

Looking forward for some comments

Lucas

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

InLikeFlint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 19, 2012
Michigan, USA
I don't see why it wouldn't be profitable eventually. No business will start out making bank, it is about the effort you put into it. YOU need to advertise, YOU need to make the calls and send the emails, the business won't do it on it's own! Best of luck to you!

InLikeFlint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 19, 2012
Michigan, USA
To elaborate, I think they ARE good ideas. On second thought I feel that my first response was a bit harsh. I really think your ideas are good, I favor the limo business more, but I have heard of successes for both. You just need to make the connections, make phone calls and emails and websites and advertisements about your business so you can establish a list of clients, aside from that I really think these websites could be successful..assuming there isn't a whole lot of competition in your country. If you need any help, or testing or anything at all..don't hesitate to ask!

Cheers!

av1atic

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Oct 3, 2012
Are the Keywords numbers profit potentially high enough? And is it a big challenge when Google Keywords says that competition is high, even when the market doesn't have these services yet?

Just a thought: It would give you a more accurate representation of keyword search volume/competition if you selected "Exact" in the left hand column and cleared the current "Broad" option.

Alana

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Nov 16, 2012
In the middle of a national forest (in N. CA)
There is no such thing as a perfect equitation when it comes to successful businesses. Too often people think that if they just figure out mathematic's theorem that equals surefire success that they’ll be rich overnight.
Focus on people’s needs (not the big paycheck) and you’ll be off to a great start.

InLikeFlint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 19, 2012
Michigan, USA
There is no such thing as a perfect equitation when it comes to successful businesses. Too often people think that if they just figure out mathematic's theorem that equals surefire success that they’ll be rich overnight.
Focus on people’s needs (not the big paycheck) and you’ll be off to a great start.

THIS ^

+Speed - Good info!

LucasA

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 21, 2012
Thanks guys!

Alana - apparently the limos.com is successful in the US, so why wouldn't it be successful in Denmark?

- And isn't this a type of website that runs on automation and creates passive income?
Because that's what I'm striving for.

- Can they be built in Wordpress? How do I make a box where visitors fill out information to get the best offer?

nzerinto

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Aug 1, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Just a thought: It would give you a more accurate representation of keyword search volume/competition if you selected "Exact" in the left hand column and cleared the current "Broad" option.

I second this comment. Be careful with the "overly optimistic" data the broad match provides.

GPG

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Jun 8, 2011
The Netherlands
apparently the limos.com is successful in the US, so why wouldn't it be successful in Denmark?

Denmark is a much smaller market than the US market, which will make the potential returns smaller. But since it is a relatively low-cost business model, it can definitely become profitable. Also, having some more information next to just keywords may help you in determining if the business has enough potential. Contact some companies which rent out limousines, do they think there is need for a lead-generation service?

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I truly believe it is about 20-30 percent about the idea and 70-80 percent about execution.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Alana - apparently the limos.com is successful in the US, so why wouldn't it be successful in Denmark?

- And isn't this a type of website that runs on automation and creates passive income?
Because that's what I'm striving for.

- Can they be built in Wordpress? How do I make a box where visitors fill out information to get the best offer?

If this is the best you can do, and the best questions you can muster, you probably don't have what it takes to be an entrepreneur. Sorry to be a blunt about it.

How do you make a box? Really? Do you seriously think this is ALL that it took to build-out that site? A box? It took years. You're seeking an event, not a process. Judging by your questions, you're not looking to invest years - you're looking to invest hours, maybe days, and then bam, you're rolling in passive income.

Sorry, but these types of *idea threads* offer nothing new except a fairy tale fantasy founded on another overnight copycat iteration -- they make my blood boil.

:bgh:

oddball

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Mar 8, 2011
Austin, TX
If this is the best you can do, and the best questions you can muster, you probably don't have what it takes to be an entrepreneur. Sorry to be a blunt about it.

How do you make a box? Really? Do you seriously think this is ALL that it took to build-out that site? A box? It took years. You're seeking an event, not a process. Judging by your questions, you're not looking to invest years - you're looking to invest hours, maybe days, and then bam, you're rolling in passive income.

Sorry, but these types of *idea threads* offer nothing new except a fairy tale fantasy founded on another overnight copycat iteration -- they make my blood boil.

:bgh:

Since you already made the limo site once, why don't you just do it for him. :p

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Yeah that was a little bit ridiculous.

Buddy, you need to jump in to business with both feet or you might as well work for someone else. It is not just going to fall in to your lap. Figure this shit out for yourself or start researching people you can pay to do it for you.

Wealth or business is not as easy as a wordpress theme. Shit I use one too, but it just sits there these days. B2B selling needs to be way more active than B2C.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

TheTruth

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Feb 13, 2012
Toronto/Scottsdale
lol,

Read this: The Millionaire Fastlane: Crack the Code to Wealth and Live Rich for a Lifetime, by MJ Demarco

and then this The Millionaire Fastlane: Crack the Code to Wealth and Live Rich for a Lifetime, by MJ Demarco

after that you should probably read this The Millionaire Fastlane: Crack the Code to Wealth and Live Rich for a Lifetime, by MJ Demarco

If your lucky, after those 3 reads you won't get the ....:ban2:

You have already seen what it will take to survive on this forum. You should expect 100X worse on the outside of it (in business).

The beauty is you can come back here and outline your mistakes. This would be respectable and will give you instant credibility.

The worst thing you can do is go and hide, far away, never to be seen here again.

Unfortunately we have all seen it happen 1000X already. So what are you going to do? Mold yourself into a winner or hide in the shadows, only to regret never getting out of your comfort zone?

The choice as always, is all yours.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Lucas,

What we're saying here is that you cannot win the battle on the outside until you win the battle on the inside. Copying a site that was made over a decade ago and bringing it to your country is probably not a good foundation for a business. Start with a REAL NEED that poses REAL VALUE. Additionally, things that were relevant 10, 5, 3, or even 2 years ago, is not relevant today. Things simply move too fast online.

Hope all this has helped you and we see you around. :)

InLikeFlint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 19, 2012
Michigan, USA
Try finding out what the prominent business or profession is in your country. Once you do that talk to people who are involved in it and find out what problems they face, what holds their business back from taking off? From there you can generate a service or product that directly helps the needs of the people in your country, that way you know will be demand, and you know it will be helping people.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
You need to train your idea glasses a little more. Look for needs first, potential second. Look to solve others' problems and look less at yours.

We don't know if anything is a good idea. You know who would know? Someone who has a problem and is willing to pay you money to solve it.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Someone who has a problem and is willing to pay you money to solve it.

I am doing EXACTLY this with my newest venture. VERY true.

My other business saves large companies money. Also solving a problem, but they don't know they have the problem until I tell them they do.

A. Samuel

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Nov 20, 2012
Try finding out what the prominent business or profession is in your country. Once you do that talk to people who are involved in it and find out what problems they face, what holds their business back from taking off? From there you can generate a service or product that directly helps the needs of the people in your country, that way you know will be demand, and you know it will be helping people.

Really really good info Speed+

One of the most helpful posts I've read on this forum, it can help anyone in any country or business. It's genuine generic information

mentalic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Nov 26, 2012
To be honest I like the second idea that has to do with parties. I think that you will make some money (if you execute the idea good) although I do not know if it will make you a millionaire. Party equipment is a problem for youngsters. However you might have some problems executing the idea (eg equipment should be insured in order to avoid accidental damage/theft etc). Apart from connecting businesses that sell/rent party equipment you might allow individuals to do so.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.