The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Would love some feedback on a site I just launched

Paul David

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 17, 2015
England
I like it. I'm a big fan of motivational posters. I've got some in frames on the kitchen wall.

Gale4rc

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 23, 2013
I make decent money and still wouldnt pay that much

Aaron W

^‿^
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Nov 25, 2015
Toronto
As most have mentioned reduce your prices.

. You need a CTA headline on the homepage, why should we buy them?

. You say hidden away in your about section that 'Our colorful designs are printed on high-quality 10.3 mm think heavyweight enhanced matte paper'. Let people know on the home page, don't hide your awesome information or value proposition.

. Also It may just be me but I'm not sure how the poster is sent to me, does it come in a tube, framed or rolled up in a crumpled ball?

Therefore, let your customers know what they're getting as soon as they land on the site

Otherwise great designs and as a personal preference I don't like large logos on posters but that's just me. Best of luck!

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly
I think this is a cool idea and I was actually just thinking that I wish that I had posters like this around my place.

A couple of things:

- I like the designs but they are a little pricey for me and this is coming from someone who is all for high prices. See point 3 on price

- In the future it would be cool if there is a way to do a custom quote.

- I would also look into packaging this up and selling a package of posters to offices, especially sales teams that are in a boiler room type of setting where motivation is key. You can then justify a higher price by bundling items together and even have a really high end service where you do custom designs and quotes.

Good luck

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ramble On

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jun 7, 2014
The site looks clean. Have you considered offering frames? It looks like you offer 2 different sizes of posters. Could you maybe offer 3 different styles of frames for each of the two sizes? I don't know. Maybe the shipping would get too expensive with the frames?

Gale4rc

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 23, 2013
Have you considered offering frames?
^ this - You can get frames really cheap and then I would be able to justify your price tag.

Supa

Came for the $. Stayed for the Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
May 27, 2015
Germany
Site looks good and the posters too, but as already mentioned a few times, I wouldn't pay that amount for a poster. The newsletter button and text color doesn't fit your overall color scheme IMO, not sure if that's on purpose.

DustinG

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Mar 28, 2011
Thanks for all the feedback!

I just lowered the prices a bit. The posters are printed on a much higher quality type of paper than the typical poster you'd get in a store selling $5 posters. Maybe I need to do a better job at conveying that on the site. I could potentially offer cheaper paper for cheaper prices, but don't want to sell budget products.

Blue1214

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
368%
Jun 26, 2014
Thanks for all the feedback!

I just lowered the prices a bit. The posters are printed on a much higher quality type of paper than the typical poster you'd get in a store selling $5 posters. Maybe I need to do a better job at conveying that on the site. I could potentially offer cheaper paper for cheaper prices, but don't want to sell budget products.

If you were selling me those posters face to face and I pulled out my wallet, stopped and said, wait a minute.. why does it cost so much? what would you say?

DustinG

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Mar 28, 2011
If you were selling me those posters face to face and I pulled out my wallet, stopped and said, wait a minute.. why does it cost so much? what would you say?

That the prices are based on the costs of using high-quality paper, printers, and ink, as well as the time that goes into creating each design. Also, you're not just getting a piece of paper. You're getting a constant reminder to stay motivated and inspired to keep working on growing your business.

Bit

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Dec 2, 2015
Boston, MA
Website is very sleek and responsive. Agree on the prices. Canvas's would make sense, but not paper posters IMHO.

Those posters are pretty awsome though!

LateStarter

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I'd also consider adding photos of the posters hung on a wall, in an office, etc. It's gives a better context of the size and look for a lot of people. Consider offering a printed Canvas with wrapped edges or framed as other suggest.

DustinG

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Mar 28, 2011
I'd also consider adding photos of the posters hung on a wall, in an office, etc. It's gives a better context of the size and look for a lot of people. Consider offering a printed Canvas with wrapped edges or framed as other suggest.

Hi. There are photos of posters hung on walls and people holding them on each product details page.

LateStarter

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Canada