I'm in a interesting position where I'll (most likely) oversee the growth and vision (and since I'm a geek the technology side as well) of a newly formed company as (most likely) CEO.
That's nothing all too new to me. My small worry is being able to stand up and properly work with highly experienced and successful presidents and CEO's. Some will be managing partners, some will be under me (in the business structure definition only) ... though by 'under' I only mean be an employee (or contractor/consultant type roles depending on the need).
Talking with CEO's? No problem. I can do that day in, day out. It's easy.
Buying/selling to CEO's? A get a bit nervous, but whatever. That's life, it's fun. I can do that.
'Managing' (is that the right word here?) CEO's as partners in business and as employees .... no clue, what so ever.
I guess my question comes down to: Do you guys and gals have any insights, tips/tricks, and overall good suggestions (maybe even some fun stories?) to share about working with people who outclass you in terms of experience and knowledge?
On the plus side of everything, even though I seem to screw up here and there and I'm obviously out of my comfort zone working at their level they are all some of the nicest, coolest and most helpful friends, business partners and teachers I have ever met. I'm still perplexed how I got myself into this amazing situation, but such is life.
The moral of the side story: contrary to popular sidewalk/slow-lane belief, the rich and successful are more than happy and usually really do enjoy teaching us newbies the ropes!
That's nothing all too new to me. My small worry is being able to stand up and properly work with highly experienced and successful presidents and CEO's. Some will be managing partners, some will be under me (in the business structure definition only) ... though by 'under' I only mean be an employee (or contractor/consultant type roles depending on the need).
Talking with CEO's? No problem. I can do that day in, day out. It's easy.
Buying/selling to CEO's? A get a bit nervous, but whatever. That's life, it's fun. I can do that.
'Managing' (is that the right word here?) CEO's as partners in business and as employees .... no clue, what so ever.
I guess my question comes down to: Do you guys and gals have any insights, tips/tricks, and overall good suggestions (maybe even some fun stories?) to share about working with people who outclass you in terms of experience and knowledge?
On the plus side of everything, even though I seem to screw up here and there and I'm obviously out of my comfort zone working at their level they are all some of the nicest, coolest and most helpful friends, business partners and teachers I have ever met. I'm still perplexed how I got myself into this amazing situation, but such is life.
The moral of the side story: contrary to popular sidewalk/slow-lane belief, the rich and successful are more than happy and usually really do enjoy teaching us newbies the ropes!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
