The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

wordpress/ music blog

RiseAbove

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 13, 2009
So as of late I am still attempting to look into the needs of fellow college students/ people younger than that. While I've been attempting to locate a niche, I have been holding onto a domain and a test server with a half hearted wordpress blog. I've attempted to teach myself everything, which I am pretty good at doing. So far I have the site on the test server thats about it.

My true niche is hip hop/rap music. I can name basically any artist just by quickly hearing their voice and I know about the ins and outs and happenings of hip hop. I had decided to create a rap site/ blog and then market it through my campus/twitter/ social sites.

The first problem was that there are a CRAP load of hip hop blogs/ super sites. I need to set mine apart, which is where the hip hop lifestyle came into play, I was going to incorporate cars/ jewelry/ women, all the materialistic bull that comes with rap music.

So right now I have the domain name registered- hiphophaze.com (H3) the original idea was to create an entire brand and online hiphop presence but since then I've toned it down since it isn't even live yet (LOL.) I do not want to give up on that side project/ give up the money I put it to own the domain.

So anyway....who here is experts in setting up a blog/ wordpress/ or even a music site?

Any guidance/ ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RiseAbove

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 13, 2009
Hey max, thanks for the response,

at this point I can't even believe I was able to set it up at all and have it on a test server, I decided its stupid to have it go live before I have everything in place...as of right now it seems like its going to be a HUGE project...Im attempting to throw as little money at it as possible right now, I basically just need to figure out how to make this thing look good, make it user friendly etc...do you update your blogs personally everday? Also is it going to be possible to transfer everything over from the test server to live hosting once I deem it necess.? This is my first venture into my own site let alone my own blog. I am excited/ nervous at the same time. I will be using offline marketing as well once it is up.

One major thing I want to learn once I have it up is how to make some damn money off of it! I know I'll have to learn some major SEO techniques and such.

Thanks!

maximus20895

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Mar 16, 2009
Knoxville,TN
I honestly have not updated my blog in six months. I don't even work on it anymore, but I did learn alot from working with wordpress.

I would suggest you go ahead and put it to a server so that people can see it. The longer exposure the site gets the better and if that can happen sooner than later that is always good.

There are some plugins that will backup the database and restore them to a new one, so transfering data from one server to the other shouldn't be a problem.

SEO SEO SEO! This is vital for success in online marketing. Like the backup plugins there are also plugins for SEO. Simple tags, title tags, SEO plugin. there are a ton. Do some research on which ones are the best.

As for the look and function of the blog, I would suggest just finding a free template on google. there are thousands of them out there so chances are you will find one that you like.

Anyone can do what you are doing, but it is the people who get the traffic who profit from it. Without traffic you have a nice worthless blog.

How are you going to make money? Selling ebooks, affiliate, adsense? I have a TON of ebooks on all of these, SEO and anything related to internet marketing. If you want one just ask. Mind you I got these for free and i'm not sharing commercialized ebooks. (said this so people won't complain)

For google traffic I suggest writing articles. look up long tail keywords on google.

If you need anything else let me know!!!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.