The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Will you take the COVID19 vaccine?

Will you take the CV19 vaccine?

• Yes

Votes: 56 27.1%
  • No

Votes: 151 72.9%

• Total voters

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Kinda funny how the government is so concerned about all these deaths, yet nothing is done about smoking.

Oh wait they are raking in millions :rofl:

Cigarette smoking is responsible for more than 480,000 deaths per year in the United States, including more than 41,000 deaths resulting from secondhand smoke exposure. This is about one in five deaths annually, or 1,300 deaths every day. On average, smokers die 10 years earlier than nonsmokers.Mar 23, 2020

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Here

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Sep 6, 2019
It sounds like they’ll be rolling it out to seniors first, then younger adults, and kids won’t get it for awhile. I hope that hasn’t changed? I’m not worried about myself but there’s no way I’m letting them inject a brand new vaccine into my kids.

MythOfSisyphus

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
521%
Jan 15, 2018
Australia
I won't be risking my families health with a vaccine until I can make an informed decision based on scientific research but I'll take it once I believe the risks are minimal enough to do so.

But I also won't be taking unnecessary risks regarding a virus that we know nothing about the long term effects of either. All well and good to say it's relatively harmless to most of the population right now but give it 10 years and see what happens to some of the people who contracted it with only minor symptoms at the time.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Im pretty pissed, my local grocery store just made masks mandatory to enter the store.

I don't care if I get sick, (been sick twice this year) Which leads me to wonder, how long will this little Chinese flu mask rule stay? 3 months? 1 year? Indefinitely?

VTK

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Dec 14, 2018
Im pretty pissed, my local grocery store just made masks mandatory to enter the store.

I don't care if I get sick, (been sick twice this year) Which leads me to wonder, how long will this little Chinese flu mask rule stay? 3 months? 1 year? Indefinitely?

The point of masks is to help prevent people who get infected from spreading it to others. All for one and one for all kinda thing.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
My neighbor got a vaccine for uterine canzer some years ago.
The result of this quite common vaccine was an infection, which got to the brain and destroyed a part of the cerebellum.
Now, about 10 years after that, she learned to walk again and can have a quite normal life.

btw, its allready recogniced as a vaccine dammage after 100000s in lawyer costs and she gets indemnified financially.

So NO, that vaccine has to be tested over years and the need for it has to be more than the danger of a hard flu to make me vetting it.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
Where did you get that from???
From taxi drivers and internet stories that vaccines could lead to paralysis, infertility and many other issues.

There is a saying that “there is no tide without a wind.” Certainly there are people who like to exaggerate things and spread rumors...but do no expect me to believe that the opposite is true-Vaccines are as safe as prescription drugs in term of risk reward. When I take a Panadol at least I am using it deal with an existing symptom. To take a vaccine (risk) to deal with a virus (that I might get) it has to be ten times safer than Panadol to generate the same risk-reward ratio. Wearing a mask and practicing safety distancing sounds much more common sense to me.

GoodluckChuck

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Feb 2, 2017
my house
If I was offered a covid vaccine right now I wouldn't take it. I took a flu vaccine one time and got the worst flu of my life the next day. Not a very good experience.

If they came out with one and made it mandatory, then I really wouldn't take it. I don't want to be told that I have to inject something into my body.

If it somehow comes down to a choice between taking a vaccine and feeding my family, it's a decision I would have to make at the time.

According to the CDC website only 6% of Covid deaths are from covid alone. The rest have an average of 2.5 other causes of death. With 10k deaths in the US from covid alone in 6+ months, I would say a vaccine might not be as necessary as the news seems to be pushing. A mandatory vaccine seems outside of the realm of reason.

Darby

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Sep 9, 2020
Oregon
They are rushing a COVID19 vaccine...making a rapid distribution plan...not clear if it will be mandatory or not.

If you've ever read about the terrible birth-defects caused by the "wonder drug" Thalidomide during the 1950s, you might be more than skeptical about any new drugs safety. It rarely caused birth-defects, so they didn't show up until it was rolled out world-wide. Now there are thousands of people with flippers for arms, and they are the lucky ones.

I'm willing to wear a mask indefinitely, or at least until it has been tested for a few years.
Posting without comment. Thanks for the poll. Now Priests are Starting to Come Out Against the COVID Scam | Armstrong Economics

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Apr 24, 2016

bump

From the video:

The top 10 countries with the highest C0VlD-19 mortality (according to John Hopkins as of August 24, 2020) ALL injected more than 49% of their elderly population with the flu vaccine (the US, the UK, Spain, Italy, Belgium Peru, Sweden, France, Mexico, Chile).

This stands in stark contrast to the countriest on the low end, with fatality rates/population up to four orders of magnitude smaller: Rwanda, Thailand, Mozambique, Sri Lanka, Papau New Guinea, Uganda, Tanzania, Taiwan and Vietnam - with the exception of a 49% vaccination rate in Taiwan, the flu vaccination rates in these countriest is extremely low.

While one might object that these countries may lack in testing ability, careful serological study of multiple countries in Africa has shown that while in fact many cases were missed, this is because the residents were in fact not very ill - while the number of individuals with COVID antibodies in Kenya, for example, was similar to Spain, the hospitals were never overwhelmed and excess deaths were not reported.

However we look at the data - either between or within continents - higher rates of flu vaccination clearly appears to transform large numbers of COVID cases from mild to severe disease. As flu vaccines are being pushed aggressively and even mandated in fall 2020, it is critical for citizens and medical professionals to review this issue.

From John Hopkins themselves:

"Countries with high flu vaccine coverage, as of July 2020, suffered up to at least 20 times more C0VlD-19 fatalities/million as countries with low coverage."

Last edited:

BlackPebbles

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Mar 25, 2016
Speaking of job security, I am a front line health worker these days. I will get the jab because I’ve had every other jab, including the flu shot, every year. It will be a job requirement.

I wear a mask around the elderly. I don’t get up near anyone in the supermarket or anywhere in public. I always used sanitizer, even before Covid. If a store asked me to wear a mask for the safety of its employees, I would. In peak Covid I wore a mask to the supermarket.

Several different Covid vaccines have been at human trial phase in my state (in Australia) since original lockdown in April. No one has dropped dead or lost mind or limb yet.

On Australia: I am free. No lockdown. I can surf every day if I so desire without time limit. Mass gatherings are still limited in size because of the hot spots. Only one state where dumb people did dumb things is in full lockdown, and if they just calm their tits for 5 minutes it will be over and they will also be back outside to wrangle sharks and snakes like the rest of us.

This virus polarizes people. For us, the job has been made harder because of stupid people. But then stupid people give me the job security I need to work on creative projects. So take vax or don’t. My friends and I will be seeing you either way and we will still be nice to your face whether you deserve it or not.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Speaking of job security, I am a front line health worker these days. I will get the jab because I’ve had every other jab, including the flu shot, every year. It will be a job requirement.

I wear a mask around the elderly. I don’t get up near anyone in the supermarket or anywhere in public. I always used sanitizer, even before Covid. If a store asked me to wear a mask for the safety of its employees, I would. In peak Covid I wore a mask to the supermarket.

Several different Covid vaccines have been at human trial phase in my state (in Australia) since original lockdown in April. No one has dropped dead or lost mind or limb yet.

On Australia: I am free. No lockdown. I can surf every day if I so desire without time limit. Mass gatherings are still limited in size because of the hot spots. Only one state where dumb people did dumb things is in full lockdown, and if they just calm their tits for 5 minutes it will be over and they will also be back outside to wrangle sharks and snakes like the rest of us.

This virus polarizes people. For us, the job has been made harder because of stupid people. But then stupid people give me the job security I need to work on creative projects. So take vax or don’t. My friends and I will be seeing you either way and we will still be nice to your face whether you deserve it or not.

Sharks are way scarier than a flu

loop101

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
Was Trump announcing a vaccine trial today? I saw part of the press conference, but then he was mysteriously called away for "a very important phone call".

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
251%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina
Us Gov updated Coronavirus mortality by age:

Infection Fatality Ratio†0-19 years: 0.00002
20-49 years: 0.00007
50-69 years: 0.0025
70+ years: 0.028

We need a vaccine for this ? Seriously ?

EmotionEngine

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Sep 15, 2020
United States
They are rushing a COVID19 vaccine...making a rapid distribution plan...not clear if it will be mandatory or not.

I guess it depends on your definition of rush. China appears to have approved a C0VlD-19 vaccine for it's military troops back in June. Military... You're not doing that unless you know it works.

another link:

krich1512

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Aug 12, 2020
St Lucia

If you've ever read about the terrible birth-defects caused by the "wonder drug" Thalidomide during the 1950s, you might be more than skeptical about any new drugs safety. It rarely caused birth-defects, so they didn't show up until it was rolled out world-wide. Now there are thousands of people with flippers for arms, and they are the lucky ones.

I'm willing to wear a mask indefinitely, or at least until it has been tested for a few years.

This vaccine is highly suspicious and I won't be taking it.

FierceRacoon

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jun 1, 2019
Us Gov updated Coronavirus mortality by age:

Infection Fatality Ratio†0-19 years: 0.00002
20-49 years: 0.00007
50-69 years: 0.0025
70+ years: 0.028

We need a vaccine for this ? Seriously ?

@Matt Sun , first, we do not want another 500K-1M people to die, even if most of them will be 65+ years old.

Second, this is only currently while the healthcare system can handle it. If you cannot promptly treat people including with intensive care, the rates will be higher.

Third, this assumes no other side effects for those who survive.

Re: vaccine, I would also be very cautious in the beginning.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.