The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

WILL HELP YOU LEARN PROGRAMMING | FOR FREE

Sooper

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
May 20, 2017
World
Hi,
I've been coding for over 6 years now, almost every day. I worked as a freelancer, fulltime, I've done multiple side projects and sometimes I think I know what I'm doing.
Coding is an amazing skill to have even if you don't wanna work as a developer, it taught me logical thinking dealing with complex problems and gave me an overall 'with enough time/resources I can almost do anything' mindset.
I'd love to meet new people and maybe learn from them too.

If you are interested you can hit me up on twitter @Sebastpob or email me sebastianpob@gmail.com
Hope you have a nice day :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

100ToOne

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
Jul 1, 2018
Hey good to have you here.

What kind of help do you offer? One on one for free?

If it's a general advice I'd urge you to write here something like a guideline to resources, methods etc.

You and the rest of us would benefit a lot more this way.

Anyway thanks for offering help

alekssiht

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Mar 15, 2019
Estonia
Hey man! Nice topic.
Wanting to learn languanges for webdesign. At the moment, I bought CSS, HTML courses for start. Guess I should include Java also? Or do you have any recommendations how or where to start?

Sooper

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
May 20, 2017
World
Hey man! Nice topic.
Wanting to learn languanges for webdesign. At the moment, I bought CSS, HTML courses for start. Guess I should include Java also? Or do you have any recommendations how or where to start?

Hey,
First of all, I don't think anyone has to pay anyone to learn to program, really there are tons of free resources online. If you want to do web dev you should first learn CSS, HTML, and JavaSCRIPT, not Java, they are completely different languages and I don't recommend anyone to start with Java.

After you learn those I recommend React.js as a framework for JavaScript and one of the CSS preprocessors (scss is my favorite). If you learn React.js it will be easy for you to go into mobile dev in the future, but you have to be comfortable with JavaScript and EcmaScript(it's a version of JavaScript) before you touch React.js. It sounds a lot but it really isn't if you learn it one by one.

Check out this Web Development (No Matter Which Route You Take (RESTful Web Services /… it might give you a wider idea of what to learn next.

Good luck.

alekssiht

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Mar 15, 2019
Estonia
Hey,
First of all, I don't think anyone has to pay anyone to learn to program, really there are tons of free resources online. If you want to do web dev you should first learn CSS, HTML, and JavaSCRIPT, not Java, they are completely different languages and I don't recommend anyone to start with Java.

After you learn those I recommend React.js as a framework for JavaScript and one of the CSS preprocessors (scss is my favorite). If you learn React.js it will be easy for you to go into mobile dev in the future, but you have to be comfortable with JavaScript and EcmaScript(it's a version of JavaScript) before you touch React.js. It sounds a lot but it really isn't if you learn it one by one.

Check out this Web Development (No Matter Which Route You Take (RESTful Web Services /… it might give you a wider idea of what to learn next.

Good luck.
Alright, sounds good and thanks for that!
Any ideas, how long does it(I bet its impossible to say accurately) take to get a grip on these things? Let's say, within a year and a half, could one already do something with it and potentially earn some living already?

Sooper

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
May 20, 2017
World
Alright, sounds good and thanks for that!
Any ideas, how long does it(I bet its impossible to say accurately) take to get a grip on these things? Let's say, within a year and a half, could one already do something with it and potentially earn some living already?

how long does it take? - If you want to start doing your own side projects I'd say 2 months and you'll be able to write some shitty code for a real usable product. But again, it depends ...

could one already do something with it - Possibly, but the first projects will obviously be bad. In the first months of learning, I would stop developing my side projects because the code I wrote a
month ago would be so bad and hard to work with. So my advice would be - don't start big projects when you are starting.

potentially earn some living already? - It doesn't depend on your programming skills. If you can sell yourself you can already do it.

alekssiht

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Mar 15, 2019
Estonia
how long does it take? - If you want to start doing your own side projects I'd say 2 months and you'll be able to write some shitty code for a real usable product. But again, it depends ...

could one already do something with it - Possibly, but the first projects will obviously be bad. In the first months of learning, I would stop developing my side projects because the code I wrote a
month ago would be so bad and hard to work with. So my advice would be - don't start big projects when you are starting.

potentially earn some living already? - It doesn't depend on your programming skills. If you can sell yourself you can already do it.
Oh wow, I did not expect that. Well, thank you a lot for you time to answer! Definitely will dive to that pool. Seems like a skill which will pay off one way or another.

Sooper

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
May 20, 2017
World
Hey good to have you here.

What kind of help do you offer? One on one for free?

If it's a general advice I'd urge you to write here something like a guideline to resources, methods etc.

You and the rest of us would benefit a lot more this way.

Anyway thanks for offering help

Thanks for the advice.
I'll try to write general guideline when I find some time, but it's kind of hard to give general advice sine there are so many paths you can take with software dev.
Most of you want to get into web dev so I urge you to check out these;
  • coggle.it/diagram/Vz9LvW8byvN0I38x/t/web-development
  • codecademy.com
  • freecodecamp.org
What kind of help do you offer?
Hmmm, I'll always be happy to help you with anything but obviously I won't sit with you for weeks and explain to you every concept of CS.
I'm not looking to gain anything from this post. A couple of you reached out to me by email with all sorts of questions already and I'm glad I could help. I remember I was a bit lost when I started with all of this and I think I would save a lot of time If I found a post like this.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.