The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Will be in Chicago for 2 days. Anybody free??

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

dompie85

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jan 16, 2015
Houston, Texas
hey everybody! I will be in Chicago for 2 days. i am there to check out the city. To see if its right form me and my wife. She is from Poland, Im born US and speak Polish, I think its best we move to Chicago. We will be there the 19th and 20th. Maybe even the 21st.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

aBeats

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Feb 9, 2011
Nicee! Hopefully it won't be too cold when you get here, but I guess if your wife is from Poland then the Chicago cold won't be a big deal, LOL.

I'd be cool with connecting, but I'm going to be in Phoenix all of next week. Enjoy your time here though!

dompie85

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jan 16, 2015
Houston, Texas
Well, that doesn't help me too much, lol. What about recommended places to go? Where do "Likeminded" business people congregate for pleasure? If I end up moving to Chicago, I have a "Clean Slate" when it comes to people I associate myself with. Id rather have a good positive head start.

BlakeIC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 9, 2014
Not Washington
A big factor in location is WATER

I live in WA and every other state I have ever been to the water tastes horrible

Especially California

Come to Washington if you like clean water :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

dompie85

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jan 16, 2015
Houston, Texas
Well, Chicago was ok. Didn't see or do much as adjusting timezones (+7 hrs) didn't really help. The "Polish" area (Division and Milwaukee ave) was not so Polish... Till next time. I'll remember to rent a car instead of "conveniently" using CTA or Uber.
P.S. It's a little different when you go with your wife and baby vs going with a friend, lol! Next time I go, I'll be sure to attend a black hawks game to top it all off. ;)

aBeats

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Feb 9, 2011
My bad that I didn't get back to you. Just got back from Arizona myself....was very nice to be in 70 degree weather with the SUN SHINE!

Now I'm back in the cloudy cold Chicago. Your phrase "Chicago was 'ok'" is pretty much accurate.

As far as like-minded business people, I still haven't found the right circle here to be honest. I've met a ton of "action fakers" and "wantrapreneurs" but not yet found the right group in all my 30 years.

I live in a pretty wealthy neighborhood in the suburbs, but since Chicago is very 'traditional' in many ways, I haven't met many people who are achieving that wealth through "fastlane" methods...

...so a lot of them have gray hair and wrinkled skin by the time they accumulate their wealth.

I could just be missing something, I don't profess to have all the answers... But if I am missing something, I hope I find it soon.

There's an emerging tech scene downtown, especially now that Google is here, so that has potential. But most of the people I meet down there are still more interested in the traditional ways of "retirement."

I'm on the hunt for like-minded people as you are, so if you find them first, feel free to keep me posted ;-)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.