The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Why you will probably fail/not make it.

Anything related to matters of the mind

arcola

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Feb 17, 2013
Los Angeles
Certainty.

If your not certain that you are going to make it, you'll never make it. You can't lie to your mind. It knows when you don't believe.

Do you know how anything is accomplished? MOTIVATION. You'll never be motivated if you don't have absolutely certainty, if you don't believe in your heart of hearts you are worthy to be rich.

Here is the most important secret, from a future multimillionaire himself. You only do things, especially hard things, if you know they are worth it. If you want to do something hard where the only reason to do it is money in 5 years, you'll only do it if you know, without a shadow of a doubt, that you are going to get that thing.

or in the words of drake

"These other rappers getting that inferior feeling,
I hope you feel it in your soul, spiritual healing,
take a look at yourself the mirror's
revealing
if you aint got it, you aint got it, the theory is brilliant!"

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

arcola

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Feb 17, 2013
Los Angeles
You see it in peoples language all over this forum. MJ writes about it in his book.

LOSERS say "someday I hope I will be rich some day!"
LOSERS say "I want to be rich some day"

Winners are different. They know, deep down, that they are going to make it. They have that lion in them, that ferocious look in their eyes. They always knew. It is either dramatized or subtle, but they KNOW they are not going to except anything else because getting rich is a MUST for them.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
Winners are different. They know, deep down, that they are going to make it. They have that lion in them, that ferocious look in their eyes. They always knew. It is either dramatized or subtle, but they KNOW they are not going to except anything else because getting rich is a MUST for them.

You can over do it though.
If you get too fixated you are just going to seem pathetic.
You have to be calm enough that you'll find another opportunity if you need it and to put people to ease even if you don't find that success right away.
Thats when the "must" is authentic.

Authenticity endures far longer than convincing yourself.

beatgoezon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Aug 31, 2013
Agreed... You have to decide that you want to do it. It's a common thing to see how people will just dabble when they get into ideas, businesses, and plans, but never consider actually devoting and committing to the work they'll have to go through, not to mention the obstacles as well. I think it's safe to say that you should commit to an idea even if you have to struggle with it for a few years.

As for Authenticity, I believe as you go along you learn the lessons, you calm yourself down, and your vision clears up as the excitement comes down. Commitment with smart decisions is what you need to learn to achieve greatness.

tafy

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Aug 21, 2013
UK
Plenty of small businesses around here go bankrupt after opening their little shop or cafe 100% sure they will make decent money out of it, only to find that their working for less than minimum wage. They were 100% sure they were going to make it and spent 50k+ on refit and stock etc.

I got a friend who thinks hes gonna make it big in Tea business but if you heard his plan its got very low chance, he is pushing forward in opening a Tea shop in Asia. He wont listen to anyone and is getting defensive.

So where are we now? You need to be sure but you need to make sure your business has legs.

Brander

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Jun 3, 2011
Australia, USA, Europe
Incompetence strengthens self confidence.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect

Baseless certainty = delusion

Increased certainty based on the probability of success due to stacking as many variables as possible in your favour (engineering your outcomes) = Genuine certainty

Last edited:

arcola

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Feb 17, 2013
Los Angeles

bophisto

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jan 12, 2012
Plenty of small businesses around here go bankrupt after opening their little shop or cafe 100% sure they will make decent money out of it, only to find that their working for less than minimum wage. They were 100% sure they were going to make it and spent 50k+ on refit and stock etc.

I got a friend who thinks hes gonna make it big in Tea business but if you heard his plan its got very low chance, he is pushing forward in opening a Tea shop in Asia. He wont listen to anyone and is getting defensive.

So where are we now? You need to be sure but you need to make sure your business has legs.

Yeah I agree, I don't think there are many people that go into a business thinking they will fail.

Also a Tea Shop in Asia?...isn't that market a bit saturated? What makes his business or plan different?

throttleforward

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Oct 30, 2009
Washington DC
If you solve a problem that people ask you to solve, you'll be a lot more successful. If you start a business just because you want to, you'll probably fail.

tafy

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Aug 21, 2013
UK
Also a Tea Shop in Asia?...isn't that market a bit saturated? What makes his business or plan different?

He wants to live there (Thailand) and this is his idea. Nothing that will make his place popular compared to the hundred other coffee shops around. He will probably make more money working for someone else. I met loads of people with bar business there and they nearly always go broke after a few years.

Thai law says you cant work without work permit, even though you can own a business. So imagine how hard it is to control things without working.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.