The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Why Italian graduates are choosing life on the farm

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
May 1, 2011
Is that revenue or net? Seems average either way for 2 graduates, even if it's 4k each..

I'd say it's net, but I'm not sure. It's still 4k made by themselves, not working 9 to 5 in a dark office. And you have to start somewhere, nobody said it's their maximum potential.

We can't continue cutting forests so we can put less land efficient organic farms just so uninformed people can tell themselves they are being healthier and saving the environment while doing the opposite.

Actually organic can be more efficient than conventional agriculture. I mentioned in my original post The Market Gardener and it's one example of how organic can be more efficient and better for the environment. It's not really that much about organic vs conventional as it is about new ways of thinking (and sometimes these new ways of thinking are actually going back to what people used to do hundreds of years ago and sometimes it's about aquaponics, vertical farming, etc.).

ryanbleau

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
223%
Jun 22, 2014
Scottsdale , Az
Take what you tubers claim with a grain a salt. At $25 a pound for some microgreens for high end restaurants you could make a killing in a place like phoenix/scottsdale. Not saying their numbers in time or income are accurate. Just saying the possibilities are there.

GrandRub

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Mar 27, 2019
Germany
and if you dont sell it - you could eat it yourself ;)

(small) agriculture and high quality organic food is very very interesting and will be more and more in demand in some groups of society.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
What's government regulation like for farming? I know in the UK the food industry has all sorts of red tape at the consumer end, is there much red tape at the production end of farming?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.