The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Why I made zero progress for a whole year

Anything related to matters of the mind

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Just a quick lesson about priorities.
I was looking through my journal and found my timetable from a year ago.

20230628_234203.jpg
I had all these dreams about financial freedom and stuff but I dedicated only one hour a day to business on days where I had nothing to do...

This time let me make progress on other things but not business haha.

Don't let that be you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
May 27, 2013
United States
I had all these dreams about financial freedom and stuff but I dedicated only one hour a day to business on days where I had nothing to do...
Most people don't get to financial freedom because they don't make a plan.

In your case you did make a plan... but it virtually guaranteed you would never see financial freedom (at least not anytime soon). I bet you got pretty awesome at guitar though. Looking at this it's clear that fitness/health and music are each 3x more important to you than financial freedom.

I worked a day job and had babies at home. I worked on my business from 8pm until I couldn't stay awake (and also anytime I had to wake up in the night and bottle the baby), 7 days a week, and did that for 18 months... then was able to quit the day job and started getting a little more sleep and spending 2 hours a day at the gym after that.

I love Steve Chou's "4 burners" concept: Can High Achievers Live A Balanced Life? My Take On The 4 Burners Theory

Imagine that your life is represented by a stove with 4 burners on it and each burner symbolizes a major part of your life

• The first burner represents your family life
  • The second burner represents your friendships
  • The third burner represents your health
  • The fourth burner represents your work life
The four burners theory states that in order to be successful, you have to cut off at least one of your burners and in order to be really successful, you have to cut off two."

All your burners are burning. If you want financial freedom, which ones are you going to shut off (at least temporarily)?

Last edited:

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
May 27, 2013
United States
Here's a challenge for you to make this thread actually valuable and not another landfill shitpost:

Post up your new daily schedule that you'll start following now and let's compare the difference to the first one.

Subsonic

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Here's a challenge for you to make this thread actually valuable and not another landfill shitpost:

Post up your new daily schedule that you'll start following now and let's compare the difference to the first one.
Hey mate, I don't live by this anymore. Sorry if it was unclear but this timetable is from a year ago. Back then I didn't know better.

Here is a snippet of the new timetable I use.

Screenshot_20230629-073543_Timetable.jpg

Back then I dreamed of making 200 a month. When I set the goal to make 2k in a year it seemed super unrealistic.
Now with this schedule I started making real progress and got my first 1k month.

With the second half included this has 7:30 hours of direct work and 90 minutes of time dedicated to learning this, that help me with business.

The difference is massive and I would advise anyone in the same position as me a year ago to really look over their timetable and see what it says about them.

Most people don't even have one of don't follow the one they made. If a robot documented your day what would it say ?

"Work is the most important thing for him and he does that the most"

Or

"Scrolling on social media, keeping up with the walking dead and playing videogames is the most important thing in his life"

Nazca

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
May 3, 2023
France

View attachment 49762

Don't let that be you.
Wow... This has to be super beneficial for me actually. I think I am quite in a similar position.

My main activities of my time table are music production & beatbox work-out. I give a few lessons here and there and I do pretty much social media stuff (video writing to publishing, passing through filming & editing).

This can explain why I struggle nowadays. I do 200 to 400 a month (400-500 are the good months). This has to change! I seek to helping more people. Thanks for the insight.

EDIT: Also, how did you come up with the change of your timetable? Did you get a FTE? Did you tweak your timetable or was it a drastical change?

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
386%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom

View attachment 49762

Don't let that be you.

I've come to find this too. Lots of focus on stuff that doesn't matter as much as the dreams.

Subsonic

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Wow... This has to be super beneficial for me actually. I think I am quite in a similar position.

My main activities of my time table are music production & beatbox work-out. I give a few lessons here and there and I do pretty much social media stuff (video writing to publishing, passing through filming & editing).

This can explain why I struggle nowadays. I do 200 to 400 a month (400-500 are the good months). This has to change! I seek to helping more people. Thanks for the insight.

EDIT: Also, how did you come up with the change of your timetable? Did you get a FTE? Did you tweak your timetable or was it a drastical change?
I vaguely remember thinking to myself at some point " I say business is the most important thing for me, yet I reserve almost no time for it in my day.

The change has been a process and not a event however.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia

View attachment 49762

Don't let that be you.
1-2pm is missing.

You exercise 3 hours per day. Kind of long.

Subsonic

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
May 27, 2013
United States
Now with this schedule I started making real progress and got my first 1k month.
Nice, that first $1k a month is life changing, keep it up. And thanks for following through with posting the new schedule!

I say business is the most important thing for me, yet I reserve almost no time for it in my day.

People’s favorite excuse for not wanting to do something is “I just don’t have time for that”. Whether it be turning down someone’s invitation, or working on business, etc.

What they actually mean, is “that’s not important to me.”

G

Guest-5ty5s4

I was making the most progress when business was the only thing I focused on outside of bare necessities. But then, other things started piling up... relationship stuff, more work, family, and commitments. Business and personal issues are inseparable.

EDIT: This is NOT to say it's not doable, not to be negative or defeatist. You have to level up. What I'm saying is that you have to take care of your personal life and mindset too not just your business mindset, because they are the same thing. You are always the same person - you don't become a different person when you put on your "business hat."

Last edited by a moderator:

Nazca

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
May 3, 2023
France
I vaguely remember thinking to myself at some point " I say business is the most important thing for me, yet I reserve almost no time for it in my day.

The change has been a process and not a event however.
Yes true. This kind of thing have to be processes.

I just took a walk in nature and pointed out one thing. Why do I only make 200-400 €/months.

Grabbed a sheet of paper and made an overview of my activites. I make money only from beatbox lessons or workshops. I don't make money from music production even though I spend 30% of my time doing it. Same with content creations. The actions I do help me grow slowly my audience but do not reward me financially.

And the biggest reveal is what I call ''my business'' isn't actually defined. I can't define it properly. Even though my activities are various (lessons, workshops, courses, producing, mixing, creating content etc...) I have to define what actually my business is.

Your post made me realize that. So thank you.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
I wouldn't call it "zero progress" for a year.

If you actually did manage to follow that schedule (or any schedule) for months, that shows that you've developed one of the most important traits for success: discipline - being able to work in a well organized and structured manner.

The fact that your schedule does not include any self-destructive behavior is also remarkable, since doing self-destructive things on a daily basis is the norm for our society. So you're already ahead just by not sinking below this threshold.

Now all that remains to be done is to gradually replace the consumer behavior with producer behavior. Less input and more output.

Subsonic

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
I wouldn't call it "zero progress" for a year.

If you actually did manage to follow that schedule (or any schedule) for months, that shows that you've developed one of the most important traits for success: discipline - being able to work in a well organized and structured manner.

The fact that your schedule does not include any self-destructive behavior is also remarkable, since doing self-destructive things on a daily basis is the norm for our society. So you're already ahead just by not sinking below this threshold.

Now all that remains to be done is to gradually replace the consumer behavior with producer behavior. Less input and more output.
I mean yeah. I became a pretty sick guitarist and got in shape.
I just didn't make money. In that sense it's "no progress" to me.
Also it not including bad habits is pretty cool looking back. Past Subsonic was a sick dude.

Present subsonic is an even sicker dude however. I will make a thread on living with zero bad habits at some point.

Nazca

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
May 3, 2023
France
I mean yeah. I became a pretty sick guitarist and got in shape.
I just didn't make money. In that sense it's "no progress" to me.
Also it not including bad habits is pretty cool looking back. Past Subsonic was a sick dude.

Present subsonic is an even sicker dude however. I will make a thread on living with zero bad habits at some point.
Interested in that zero bad habits thread.

Sorry if I missed it, but is your business related to music? As the past Subsonic seemed to be pretty much involved in music.

Subsonic

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Interested in that zero bad habits thread.

Sorry if I missed it, but is your business related to music? As the past Subsonic seemed to be pretty much involved in music.
Oh hell no, I don't do business in music. It's my hobby and passion and I don't want to poison that passion.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.