What's new

Why I decided to go to college

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Jamesdoesmith

Regular Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Joined
Aug 14, 2014
Messages
207
Rep Bank
$730
User Power: 112%
Being 20 yrs old and in this debate constantly. I have decided to get no less than a bachelor's. I will be taking accelerated and online courses meaning I will zip up whats left of my associates by the end of the summer, have my bachelors (AND BE DONE WITH SCHOOL, WELL AHEAD OF SCHEDULE, WELL AHEAD OF PEERS AT BIG SCHOOLS) AND I will have secured my real estates license by Christmas of 2015.

Few things that spurred this changing of the tide.

- a mentor told me "you do not know what you do not know" after taking a real estate contracts course he is absolutely right. I don't know alot...A cheap community college with some of the best marks in the nation is going to correct that. Maybe I will learn something in the process

I live at home with no bills. after running into many adults who do not have that luxury, I have learned I should take advantage of the situation

I have no "value"....College is like having good credit....You know you can pay cash if ya had too...but good credit is vital to doing business. A degree ups my "value"....

College is a fastlane thing. I will be taught by people in the real estate game. Thats networking 101. Had I never taken that class, I may never cut that deal later on. I will also get a license to sell homes and properties in one of the most booming real estate markets in the country. I will also get alot more control when building a buy and hold portfolio. Alot of the contacts I made and am making selling insurance will help out when selling houses.

lastly, I found a counselor who really got on my side in the fact that I don't give two hoots about "college life"...and if I do HAVE TO PARTY, I am surrounded by college towns that will invite anyone to a good time. No, I don't need to waste a couple grand to have fun or pledge a frat. I don't have that kind of time nor money. And I also don't need classes to teach me how to highlight or read. I was looking at registration like a hassle. She put me in accelerated classes that take weeks not months and everything else online. So if i want to blow through a couple classes in days...I can. She was the first person really talk to me and not at me in regards to college. With all the business what not I threw at her, business cards and all. She was the first to ask

"why do you want to go to college??'"

College should be thought on HEAVILY. you are going to spend money.

I have been going to classes but now its really pedal to the medal. I am also saving lots of money for fastlane/real estate ventures. Thank all of y'all on the boards being so willing to help out and weigh in on decisions. With parents and family like mine. This forum board is something of an oasis. I have also cut ALOT of fat. Got rid of a toxic girlfriend. Axed alot of social media. Got rid of lazy friends. toned in on my mind...2015 is gonna be a fun year. A year full of mistakes and falling forward :)
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Huv sof ug e vuyod hosmgsoipf. Eyif emuv ug tudoem nifoe. Huv sof ug mebz gsoipft. vupif op up nz nopf...2015 ot huppe ci e gap zies. E zies gamm ug notvelit epf gemmoph gusxesf :)

Vjot xet e wisz, wisz onqusvepv tviq. Duphsevamevoupt. Emxezt vjopl ecuav Kon Sujp't rauvi "'Zua esi vji ewisehi ug vji gowi qiuqmi zua tqipf vji nutv voni xovj."

Og zua tqipf e muv ug voni up vjot gusan us uvjis qmedit xjisi zua neli dupvedv xovj encovouat qiuqmi, zua eavunevodemmz ciduni encovouat et ximm.

O xotj zua iwisz tadditt! Tvez qutovowi, tvez jeqqz!
 
Duphsevamevoupt up neloph e fidotoup. O'f xotj zua madl, cav O fup'v vjopl zua'mm piif ov.

Nepz up vjot gusan esi eheoptv dummihi gus wesouat sietupt. Ov siemmz emm fiqipft up xjev zua xepv epf og dummihi xomm jimq zua hiv vjisi. Vjisi esi e muv ug nommoupeosit epf commoupeosit vjev fup'v jewi fihsiit. Vjisi esi nepz, nepz nusi vjev fu.

Hu hiv 'in !
 
Vjepl z'emm tu nadj gus vji qutvowi xusft. Ov't xjev zua neli ug ov. Emm ecuav qistqidvowi.
 
Vji aptiyz vsavj ecuav fidotoupt ot vjev, nusi ugvip vjep puv, xi fup'v neli 'vji sohjv fidotoupt.'

Xi neli fidotoupt epf vjip xi neli vjin sohjv.

Huuf madl vu zua.
 
Vji aptiyz vsavj ecuav fidotoupt ot vjev, nusi ugvip vjep puv, xi fup'v neli 'vji sohjv fidotoupt.'

Xi neli fidotoupt epf vjip xi neli vjin sohjv.

Huuf madl vu zua.
Vjeplt. Vu tuniupi xju xet wisz epvo dummihi epf ot tvomm wisz epvo coh tdjuum ficv nedjopi, Ov ot e opvisitvoph epf qutovowi fidotoup.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom