The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Who is your online company of choice?

Anything related to investing, including crypto

SnyCorp

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
Oct 30, 2007
Helena, MT
I'm getting my feet wet if you will in the stock market, I'd like to know who you like for online trading?
Please keep in mind until I get use to things I'll have a small deposit $500 or so..
And I may trade less than 150 times per quarter..

so lets hear it, who do you like? :notworthy:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

aptohosting

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 16, 2007
North Carolina
Re: Who is you online company of choice?

E-trade all the way. They have great research tools, and their fees are relatively low. The execution times are the best I have seen, and I have used Scott Trade and Fidelity. Good luck.

Tom C.
www.aptohosting.com

piranha526

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 20, 2007
New Jersey

I'm getting my feet wet if you will in the stock market, I'd like to know who you like for online trading?
Please keep in mind until I get use to things I'll have a small deposit $500 or so..
And I may trade less than 150 times per quarter..

so lets hear it, who do you like? :notworthy:

Not sure if I understand you correctly: you will deposit $500 and trade less than 150 times per quarter.

If this is the case; I will let you know up front that you will be broke after 1 quarter.
I suggest a minimum of $10,000 to get your feet wet.

I only started with $3000 when I was 18 yrs old but that was in the late 1990's and I was at the right place at the right time to multiply my account right off the bat.

$500 is too little when you will be paying commissions near $18-$20 round trip. That's a 4% commission charge to your $500; a 100% chance of going broke!

Hate to break it to you that way but do the math and you will see it is not far fetched. I use Ameritrade and optionXpress.

SnyCorp

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
Oct 30, 2007
Helena, MT

"The sky is falling"....."The sky is falling"
J/K man
Thanks for your input, I've been watching about 10 stocks for the last 6 months. I just want to buy 4000 shares in one of the companies. I have family at E-Trade so they where one of the companies I was looking at, But it never hurts to ask around.
Thanks for all your input. Adam

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I use Ameritrade and OptionsXpress.com - both have been very good w/no complaints.

SnyCorp

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
Oct 30, 2007
Helena, MT

How do you expect to buy 4000 shares of a company with only a $500 deposit?

I have a couple that I've done some investigating on and right now they are .10 a share.
Not huge, but not to long ago they had a high of .70 the company has a couple of new ideas coming together. All sign point to buy for me..
Really I could piss away $500-600 at the bar, so why not roll the dice :coolgleamA:
I'm not trying to get millions from the market right now, I'm trying to raise my capitol for real estate ventures in the Northern California market.

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

I have a couple that I've done some investigating on and right now they are .10 a share.
Not huge, but not to long ago they had a high of .70 the company has a couple of new ideas coming together. All sign point to buy for me..
Really I could piss away $500-600 at the bar, so why not roll the dice :coolgleamA:
I'm not trying to get millions from the market right now, I'm trying to raise my capitol for real estate ventures in the Northern California market.

Danger Will Robinson, Danger!!

Lost_In_Space_robot_body_1_2_2004.jpg

SnyCorp

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
Oct 30, 2007
Helena, MT

You might as well drink it away! At least you will get something out of the $500.

I stopped drinking, I got too big..
$500 in boze would just put me back 3 months.:smxA:

piranha526

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 20, 2007
New Jersey

If you want to roll the dice, Vegas has better odds than penny stocks!

On a serious note, we aren't mocking you but just trying to help you. If you want to learn how to invest, take that $500 and buy several books and start your investing education. That will be the best roll of the dice! Seriously, I can recommend several excellent books to get you started if interested. We are all here to help, not make fun.

SnyCorp

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
Oct 30, 2007
Helena, MT

If you want to roll the dice, Vegas has better odds than penny stocks!

On a serious note, we aren't mocking you but just trying to help you. If you want to learn how to invest, take that $500 and buy several books and start your investing education. That will be the best roll of the dice! Seriously, I can recommend several excellent books to get you started if interested. We are all here to help, not make fun.

I know.....
I have so many ideas poppin in my head I can't sleep at night. I'm not sure if I should put a little in all the pots or all in one.
I'm apart of a unique home improvement industry and I'm trying to put ideas together that I can show "do it yourself" type people how easy and affordable it is. I need sleep I think...
What is you best books to read if you will?

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

I know.....
I have so many ideas poppin in my head I can't sleep at night. I'm not sure if I should put a little in all the pots or all in one.
I'm apart of a unique home improvement industry and I'm trying to put ideas together that I can show "do it yourself" type people how easy and affordable it is. I need sleep I think...
What is you best books to read if you will?
How to Make Money in Stocks, by William Oneill. A subscription to IBD also.

MrDoctor

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Aug 13, 2007
Scottrade. $500 is too little, so just open a poker account, or bet on sports.

Wait, so you want to take a risk on OTC stocks?

PRVB

Good luck. Buy this one at no more than 0.17-0.20

piranha526

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 20, 2007
New Jersey
To all E-trade customers and potential future customers:

Nov. 12 (Bloomberg) -- E*Trade Financial Corp. lost more than half its market value after the online brokerage forecast a decline in fourth-quarter earnings and a Citigroup Inc. analyst said the company may go bankrupt.

Glad I don't have my money here!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.