The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

which html editor do you use?

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
I've been looking around at different html editors, and am unsure with which one to go with. Should I start off with something basic and cheap and then advance as I advance? Any input?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ryanpal

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Jul 26, 2007
nj
the notepad route is good if for you to learn how to code html etc. that way you can make modifications to your pages in areas where WYSIWYG fall short (not to often but it does happen).

if time is of the essence and you do not care to learn the code, then i would suggest dreamweaver. depending on how computer savvy you are will determine how easier you find the program to use. i would suggest frontpage for basic usage but i'm not too fond of it and i feel it lacks alot of features compared to dreamweaver.

ryan

royemunson

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Jul 24, 2007
SW Ohio
I use wordpress, am looking into xsitepro, and if you're looking for other
the kompozer is supposed to be good and nvu

some of these are more than just editors as you can do a whole
range of things and it depends on what you're looking to do

i have also used site build it as well to build sites. all of which got
traffic due to the additional tools you get.

Joe

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
I've been looking around at different html editors, and am unsure with which one to go with. Should I start off with something basic and cheap and then advance as I advance? Any input?

Now I'm sure you used the search function here Yves, and came across this that I have posted multiple times. lol :)

As for me, I use Dreamwaver for most everything (still slow with it though), theme gens for WP, and some saved templates in notepad for simple info sites. Sometimes, ugly and stupid simple WORKS, even though I don't prefer anything like that.

australianinvestor

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Aug 4, 2007
Australia
You can go hardcore...

C:\>copy con index.html
<html>
<head> etc...
^Z
C:\>

:coco:

but notepad is ok. Other text editors which colour-code tags are also nice because it makes reading the code easier/quicker. Back in the day I used to use HotDog or whatever it was called. I think WinEDT does the same now.

Daniel.

Antw

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Apr 29, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
I say dreamweaver its the best of both worlds its html and WYSIWYG. And if you know photoshop you can do pages in photoshop and import them in dreamweaver.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.