The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Where to start?

mini ferrari

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 14, 2007
Chattanooga, TN
I have this great idea that people would use, even some of us on here. Anyway I've got a design for it, but I need to figure out what material to use and a place to manufacturer it. Does anybody have a website or something? Thanks in advance.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Welcome. I think for us to help you we are going to need a little more detail. I know you don't want to give away the farm but we can't read your mind.

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
I think Z5 went somewhere to meet with designers.... I wanna say T2 something is one of the companies, search for it.

mini ferrari

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 14, 2007
Chattanooga, TN
Thanks for the site. Not to give much away, but it is going to be really for the automotive industry in businesses, but mainly at the home. I've looked around and there is nothing out on the market for it today. Thanks again.

Jerry

fanocks2003

Banned
Mar 31, 2008
Sweden
I have this great idea that people would use, even some of us on here. Anyway I've got a design for it, but I need to figure out what material to use and a place to manufacturer it. Does anybody have a website or something? Thanks in advance.

If you are looking for manufacturers then I would strongly recommend looking through Alibaba.com. Alibaba.com give you the opportunity to reach US manufacturers as well (if that is what you want). Just send them a mail or call them. See if they would license the product (protect the rights to it first though) from you.

A simple licensing deal would be for the manufacturer to have the production and distribution rights for your product. In return they would give you X dollars or cents per sold unit. A simple deal. Then have KPMG do the sales check every year or once every 6 months (whatever is the structure of the deal you make with the manufacturer). Also hire a an IP lawyer who can draw up the licensing contract.

If the product is something the market wants, then the manufacturers would like to own the rights to make money out of it. I guarantee (they would be pretty stupid businessmen otherwise).

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.