The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Where to Live

John Rogers

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Dec 29, 2010
Washington State, USA
MJ moving to Phoenix was a pivotal decision for him. I'm curious how geography fits into everyone's fastlane plan.

Any number of factors can come into play here. What's important to you? Weather, lifestyle, population, cost of living, the potential for natural disasters such as earthquakes, tornadoes, hurricanes and flooding? Does a move make more sense early in your plan, or after you cash out your business?

I've lived in western Washington state for over twenty years. Career kept me here for most of that, and now it's the proximity of the grandkids. I figure in two to three years we'll be ready to make a permanent move. Climate is a biggy for me. I'm sick of the rain, but don't want to live somewhere that's godawful hot in the summer either.

John

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
I've come to the conclusion that, simply, there is no paradise. Too hot in summer, or too cold in winter. Earthquakes. Tornadoes. Tsunamis. Crime. All places have a big con.

But you are in the software business. You could, for example, spend 8 months in, say, Las Vegas or PHX, and then the other 4, extremely hot months, in a nicer summer location.

I think that happy medium can only be reached by assuring that your business is either 99.5% passive, or at least really mobile and location independent. your business seems to fit that category, no?

John Rogers

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Dec 29, 2010
Washington State, USA
Absolutely. I think having an internet based business offers the best opportunity for living virtually anywhere. My wife and I have discussed having two seasonal homes. The jury is still out on that one. It's more of a matter of logistics with her horses (and horse shows) than anything else.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.