The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Where to go? Legal Advice On a Budget

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
Hey guys, sorry to be spamming the forums with my chatter the past couple of days but a lot of things have been happening (not all of them good :(). But I just have 1 more question for you all (skip to 2nd paragraph if you want to skip to important stuff), I honestly hate selling on craigslist and low-balling people, I'm sure ebay will be just the same, I am sure I can do it for a month or 2 but I will NOT be able to do it long enough to make my desired amount (around 8k+2k I already have in savings). I am someone who finds enjoyment in creating things that are new or solve a problem or at least make someones problem easier, I don't find any drive in low-balling people for their items and up selling someone else who is to stupid/lazy to find a cheaper one and it is making me feel depressed and unenergetic, sleeping a lot mainly. Not to mention (i know its a bad goal to set but) I really, REALLY want to be financially successful (hopefully at least $500k+ in the bank) by HS graduation, hats only 2 years away so it feels like every month I waste, I am loosing my odds of reaching that goal

I remember reading on here a couple of days/weeks ago about a legal site that could give credible legal advice for like $30 a month? There is a company making $60 plastic boxes with LED's in them that would do the same thing my app would do, they have a patent pending and I need to see what their patent is on and if I could be violating their patent if it gets approved once my app is built (so that 2 years from now {or sooner} I don't end up with a lawsuit) but I can't dish out 1-2k for a POS :pissed: :pissed: lawyer to give me that advice. If I can find some less expensive legal counseling, I could continue getting the app developed and get to stop this mad cycle of craigslist bootstrapping, maybe $800-1k is my legal budget, I know its not ideal but if anyone has any idea where I could get some help for that price, let me know!

Thanks everyone for all your help and opinions,
Mike

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Rain

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Apr 5, 2011
Mike, I pay LegalShield $35.95 a month for unlimited consulting, letters and phone calls on my behalf, and limited defense in court should some shithead ever decide to sue me.

There is also the option of a Legal Q&A site online where you pay around $30 per question if you're satisfied with the answer the lawyer provides.

These are the two options I'd look into, depending on whether you will want to retain unlimited legal support or if this is a one-time thing.

Spending thousands of dollars on legal fees is something you absolutely want to avoid if you can help it. F that.

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
Awesome Rain, that sounds like just the sort of thing I need, I will check out both of those tomorrow morning! Thanks

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.