The Spark
New Contributor
I am 22 years old. I just graduated from college with random go no where degrees. I threw the degree to the wayside and got a corporate sales job. Big potential with base salary and good room for promotion. I AM IN NO WAY LOOKING TO JOIN THE RAT RACE. I intend to use this as a means to get by at the moment and to build my bank account.
Debts and hell:
A family member used one of my credit cars and ran up 4000 tab on one and another for 1700 give or take.
I am now in roughly 4500$ debt in CCs. I have already dropped 1500$ of my weak savings account that I have been building for the past 2 months from my sales job.
(family member gives me very small amounts of what they owe me)
I have 27000 in loans under my name coming in starting in november.
I need to buy a car in a month or so.
I have roughly 5000$ to my name.
My credit is destroyed from family member to the tune of about 630.
I have been beaten down at the very beginning of my free life.
What I am doing at the moment to try and rebound:
I am visciously learning Internet Marketing techniques and am hoping to bounce off of that at somepoint soon when I decide to take proper action.
I am banking my checks and barely spending any of it from my bi-monthly pay days.
I live at home so I pay no rent
So here I am with at least 30,000 in debt to my name with another 10-15k coming soon with a car.
My plan is to "create capital" over the next 2 years while at the same time pay down my debts....
I will continue to bank my checks while living at home and begin to educate myself on money making techniques such as Internet marketing, I will attempt to find some sort of niche I can begin applying to.
How can I rebuild my credit?
Where do I go from here so I don't let debt start to pillage my life?
Where have some of you started to create capital to pay down debts/ build up your bank accounts?
I just need some serious direction as I feel as though it is me against the world.
I keep my head up everyday and although life has thrown me my fair share of curveballs I am thankful that there is a roof over my head (barely) I have a degree (for what it is worth) and a job (income for now)
Advice? Guidance? Help a young gun who has his aims set for a higher place but has been with some rough spots
Debts and hell:
A family member used one of my credit cars and ran up 4000 tab on one and another for 1700 give or take.
I am now in roughly 4500$ debt in CCs. I have already dropped 1500$ of my weak savings account that I have been building for the past 2 months from my sales job.
(family member gives me very small amounts of what they owe me)
I have 27000 in loans under my name coming in starting in november.
I need to buy a car in a month or so.
I have roughly 5000$ to my name.
My credit is destroyed from family member to the tune of about 630.
I have been beaten down at the very beginning of my free life.
What I am doing at the moment to try and rebound:
I am visciously learning Internet Marketing techniques and am hoping to bounce off of that at somepoint soon when I decide to take proper action.
I am banking my checks and barely spending any of it from my bi-monthly pay days.
I live at home so I pay no rent
So here I am with at least 30,000 in debt to my name with another 10-15k coming soon with a car.
My plan is to "create capital" over the next 2 years while at the same time pay down my debts....
I will continue to bank my checks while living at home and begin to educate myself on money making techniques such as Internet marketing, I will attempt to find some sort of niche I can begin applying to.
How can I rebuild my credit?
Where do I go from here so I don't let debt start to pillage my life?
Where have some of you started to create capital to pay down debts/ build up your bank accounts?
I just need some serious direction as I feel as though it is me against the world.
I keep my head up everyday and although life has thrown me my fair share of curveballs I am thankful that there is a roof over my head (barely) I have a degree (for what it is worth) and a job (income for now)
Advice? Guidance? Help a young gun who has his aims set for a higher place but has been with some rough spots
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
