The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

where to get generic website private policy, etc etc

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
Hey guys,

just created a satirical fake news site on a whim lol
looking to protect myself from whatever dangers are out there,

anyone know a good spot for generic private policy, cookies, terms of service, etc things of that nature?

Also how important is it to have one? will i make it super easy for someone to sue me for some bullshit?

All im doing is allowing email subscription for new articles updates, and ill serve ads.

No money transactions or user/pass registration

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

applesack

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Jan 11, 2017
Albuquerque
I am not an attorney, and especially I am not your attorney. That said, I have never been sued over privacy policy, emailing, cookie usage or terms of use. The reason everyone has them is that the credit card companies require them. Its a way for the credit card companies to offload as much of a suit on you as then can. For a startup like yours, what I would do... this is not a recommendation, just what I would do :)... is, find a similar site and copy / edit all of its legalese. Make sure you read it all and agree with it, and replace all the uses of company name etc.

But! If you start to make any decent money ($500k+ revenue), hire an attorney.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
I am not an attorney, and especially I am not your attorney. That said, I have never been sued over privacy policy, emailing, cookie usage or terms of use. The reason everyone has them is that the credit card companies require them. Its a way for the credit card companies to offload as much of a suit on you as then can. For a startup like yours, what I would do... this is not a recommendation, just what I would do :)... is, find a similar site and copy / edit all of its legalese. Make sure you read it all and agree with it, and replace all the uses of company name etc.

But! If you start to make any decent money ($500k+ revenue), hire an attorney.

my thoughts exactly. thanks.

Napoolion

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Feb 8, 2014
Had the same problem, though I needed it in another language. If you just want to test out the idea and do not feel like hiring attorney just yet, just copy from the ones who should know it. I used Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service to work my version of it: Privacy Policy – Privacy & Terms – Google

Also there are free privacy policy generators and people in fiverr do it quite cheaply.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.