The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Where can I design my website?

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane
D

Deleted29658

I am working on a project and I am writing a long post of text online. It is an only text design with a few photos or videos that I place in sections of the writing either with embedding or linking to a folder I am hosting.
I bought the domain, but I am unsure what the best web design service would be for me.
Should I use Wix or is there someone better to use?
My content may be seen as controversial and I am expecting DDoS attacks to occur. Is there any provider that can prevent this for my website?
Any help in pointing me in the right direction is appreciated. Thank you!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TheKingOfMadrid

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Dec 14, 2020
If the cost and censorship of WP/Wix/SquareSpc are an issue I might recommend Git-Hub pages - connect the domain to GH and run a jekyll site which will give you a handy local-side blog set up for a static solution. You would have to write your posts in a Mark-down editor though.

All of this is very easy you just need to sign up to GH, download the repo's for Jekyll (go to their website and read 'how to') and then play around with it.

In terms of DDOS this is generally a non-issue with solutions like Squarespace etc as they have dedicated teams that offset and mitigate the attack. Security wise you'll be running a static website too - so there's no risk of DB exploitation.

Christopher104

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Oct 27, 2020
I am working on a project and I am writing a long post of text online. It is an only text design with a few photos or videos that I place in sections of the writing either with embedding or linking to a folder I am hosting.
I bought the domain, but I am unsure what the best web design service would be for me.
My content may be seen as controversial and I am expecting DDoS attacks to occur. Is there any provider that can prevent this for my website?
you don't wanna learn how to code your own website?

its all good if you don't but if you take the time to learn it its very rewarding and it allows you to display your content the way you envisioned it.

RemySheppard

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
317%
Jun 15, 2017
Fayetteville, North Carolina
If the cost and censorship of WP/Wix/SquareSpc are an issue I might recommend Git-Hub pages - connect the domain to GH and run a jekyll site which will give you a handy local-side blog set up for a static solution. You would have to write your posts in a Mark-down editor though.

All of this is very easy you just need to sign up to GH, download the repo's for Jekyll (go to their website and read 'how to') and then play around with it.

In terms of DDOS this is generally a non-issue with solutions like Squarespace etc as they have dedicated teams that offset and mitigate the attack. Security wise you'll be running a static website too - so there's no risk of DB exploitation.
This but use Hugo instead of Jekyll.

As your site grows, so to do your Jekyll build times. Meanwhile, with Hugo, your build times are like 0.5s with 2,000+ pages.

It's a bit trickier to learn, and the docs are hard to understand, but in the end it will be better on your wallet.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
For ddos just use cloud flair service

bracknelson

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Oct 28, 2020
Most of the website owners build their websites but they forget to optimize websites by following SEO techniques. Before approaching a web design service one should know the initial tactics to make it better. So here I would suggest you to take a look at this worthy article which is based on Responsive Website Design.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.