The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Where and How Much Can Cost Hire a good illustrator?

Anything related to sourcing or importing products.

mksa22

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Sep 24, 2018
Does anyone know what would be a good place to hire good illustrators and how much it would cost to create illustrations like the ones I have attached?

I have tried Upwork and Fiverr but i cant find this type of quality

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• 94782357_p0_master1200.jpg
    94782357_p0_master1200.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
  • 96866905_p0_master1200.jpg
    96866905_p0_master1200.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
A

Anon3x156

Does anyone know what would be a good place to hire good illustrators and how much it would cost to create illustrations like the ones I have attached?

Try deviantart

DougRMR

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Apr 19, 2019

One good way is to find out the name of that particular style and look up on Google "[that style] artist" or "[that style] portfolio" and you'll probably find a lot of independent artists at the top page. I was looking for an artist that was good at 8-bit art and managed to find good stuff that way. The price is obviously higher but you get what you pay for

mksa22

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Sep 24, 2018
One good way is to find out the name of that particular style and look up on Google "[that style] artist" or "[that style] portfolio" and you'll probably find a lot of independent artists at the top page. I was looking for an artist that was good at 8-bit art and managed to find good stuff that way. The price is obviously higher but you get what you pay for
I did that in a website with a lot Japanese Illustrators and find a lot that have the type of quality that i m searching but the challenge is

- They Dont Reply (Not sure if i m not using the right type of email so if someone know how i should pitch someone by email could help me a lot)

- They are busy or need a long lenght to create 1 illustration like 1 month or 3.... so my question if someone have experience working with illustrators is .... ¿How long could take create 1 illustration ?

About price well i was thinking in pay like $500 to $1000 per illustration but not really sure about how this industry work (for example how much pay a gaming company to someone that create a character for her company or get the full rights ? )

Could create a full book with sketches for $5000 - $10.000?

DougRMR

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Apr 19, 2019
I did that in a website with a lot Japanese Illustrators and find a lot that have the type of quality that i m searching but the challenge is

- They Dont Reply (Not sure if i m not using the right type of email so if someone know how i should pitch someone by email could help me a lot)

- They are busy or need a long lenght to create 1 illustration like 1 month or 3.... so my question if someone have experience working with illustrators is .... ¿How long could take create 1 illustration ?

About price well i was thinking in pay like $500 to $1000 per illustration but not really sure about how this industry work (for example how much pay a gaming company to someone that create a character for her company or get the full rights ? )

If they're that busy offering more $$ might make them change their mind. Other than that, I dunno what to tell ya except to keep looking.

The estimated time I've been given has been from 2 weeks to a month. It depends

mksa22

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Sep 24, 2018
If they're that busy offering more $$ might make them change their mind. Other than that, I dunno what to tell ya except to keep looking.

The estimated time I've been given has been from 2 weeks to a month. It depends
That is the thing... not sure about how much should i offer... my last offer was like $4500 for a book (with sketchbook) or $1000 per one illustration but not really sure about what is the normal price in this type of thing

So

Is a money problem?

Or is a wrong way of present my offer to one person that even cant speak english and have a lot formalities in her language (japanese) ?

alexazen

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 28, 2022

Try behance.net and gig4u.co. You can find freelancers on any budget you've. I recently hired a designer and got my job done as expected. Hope this will help you too.

mksa22

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Sep 24, 2018
Try behance.net and gig4u.co. You can find freelancers on any budget you've. I recently hired a designer and got my job done as expected. Hope this will help you too.
Thanks for the site Did you try to contact person in Twitter or IG? I have the profile of good illustrators but the problem is that basically i dont know what is the right way to do my offer (because the process is a little different to place like upwork) and what could be the right amount of money

alexazen

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 28, 2022
Thanks for the site Did you try to contact person in Twitter or IG? I have the profile of good illustrators but the problem is that basically i dont know what is the right way to do my offer (because the process is a little different to place like upwork) and what could be the right amount of money
Yes, but I did not find Twitter and IG better platforms to do business. The ones I contacted were not professional and there is no money security. I got scammed two times. I prefer hiring freelancers through secure marketplaces only.

Giallo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Jan 6, 2019
Lisbon, Portugal

It might be worth for you to pay a mediator. Ideally it's a graphic designer who can speak Japanese - he/she probably knows how to access the sort of talent that you're looking for, engage with them in the proper terms and create a relationship of trust.

Get ready with mood boards and anything that can help to communicate what you are looking for. Use DeepL to translate to Japanese, it works wonders compared to google translate (I say by experience).

If they are very good they definitely have lots of work to do. Expect long waiting times, be very polite and patient - they probably have plenty of options for commissions.

This is a cool gallery that probably has lots of good contacts.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.