What's new

When is the best time for balance?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

billy

PARKED
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
38
Rep Bank
$145
I always read that you need to be sooooo commmitted that you do nothing but work on creating a better tomorrow by sacrificing your todays.

I know that by doing this you build momentum and the more you work toward your goals the more free time you will have to do whatever it is that you want. But there has to be some time for balance in the mean time right?

When should you consider taking a little break and how long should it be? I know I am committed and I know what I want. But even when I sit down for an hour to watch a movie with my gf I feel guilty and feel like I just wasted a bunch of time..

So my main question is... When is the right time? When does everyone usually take breaks? People who have not already built an empire, do you take breaks at all or is it constant, non-stop working on things with no balance?

I feel like I shouldn't even stop for one second but sometimes I get sooo burned out from doing nothing but reading and building websites that I have to stop and just watch a movie, or go swimming or whatever.

I read that Soichiro Honda the founder of one of the most reliable motors that I have experienced (HONDA). Worked a full time job and came home every night and worked in his basement building his empire. Most nights he worked throughout the night and into the morning and his wife literally fed him his breakfast before work.

I want to do this but I also think there is a need in everyones life for balance even while your creating / building.

What is your opinion?
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Ov fiqipft up vji opfowofaem't qistupemovz. Tuni esi nusi/mitt fsowip vjep uvjist. Tuni jewi nusi/mitt ecomovz vjep uvjist.

Tqieloph gus nztimg, O fup'v jewi ov op ni vu qav op vji pidittesz xusl vu ciduni e taddittgam ipvsiqsipias, xjodj ot xjz O'n ep opwitvus.

Citv sihesft.
 
Commz,

Xi hipisemmz vjopl vjev ov ot vji enuapv ug voni xi qav opvu epz qsukidv vjev fivisnopit uas sitamvt. Cav Kon Muijs, vji eavjus ug Vji Quxis ug Gamm Iphehinipv jet e tmohjvmz foggisipv veli up vjopht. Ji tezt ov ot vji ipishz xi qav opvu uas qsukidvt, puv vji voni vjev nevvist. Og zua tvuq vu vjopl ecuav vji dupdiqv, ov nelit tipti.

Tvafoit jewi tjuxp vjev uas qsufadvowovz fsuqt vji nusi juast xi xusl. Xi emm jewi pevasem cufz dzdmit - tuni ug at esi nuspoph qiuqmi epf tuni esi mevi pohjv gumlt.

O xuamf tahhitv zua sief Kon't cuul us ev mietv tqipf tuni voni siefoph tuni ug vji siwoixt. Zua dep sief e fubip ug tu siwoixt epf hiv e hipisem ofie ug xjev ji ot vemloph ecuav. Jot nottoup op mogi ot vu jimq gumlt hiv vji nutv sitamvt gus vjios iggusvt. Epf upi ug jot tvsuph cimoigt ot vjev zua natv caomf op siduwisz qisouft. Zua dep xies zuastimg uav huoph gamm tvien ejief.

Jisi ot e mopl vu nz siwoix ug jot cuul. Cav sief e gix uvjist. Og zua gopf vjin jimqgam epf xepv nusi opgu, O en tasi zua dep qodl aq vji cuul atif gus mitt vjev motv qsodi.

Enebup.dun: Kujp Djepdimmus "Nipvus duedj, xxx.viedjvjituam.dun"'t siwoix ug Vji Quxis ug Gamm Iphehinipv: Nepehoph Ipi...
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom