The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

When is the best time for balance?

Anything related to matters of the mind

billy

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 5, 2011
I always read that you need to be sooooo commmitted that you do nothing but work on creating a better tomorrow by sacrificing your todays.

I know that by doing this you build momentum and the more you work toward your goals the more free time you will have to do whatever it is that you want. But there has to be some time for balance in the mean time right?

When should you consider taking a little break and how long should it be? I know I am committed and I know what I want. But even when I sit down for an hour to watch a movie with my gf I feel guilty and feel like I just wasted a bunch of time..

So my main question is... When is the right time? When does everyone usually take breaks? People who have not already built an empire, do you take breaks at all or is it constant, non-stop working on things with no balance?

I feel like I shouldn't even stop for one second but sometimes I get sooo burned out from doing nothing but reading and building websites that I have to stop and just watch a movie, or go swimming or whatever.

I read that Soichiro Honda the founder of one of the most reliable motors that I have experienced (HONDA). Worked a full time job and came home every night and worked in his basement building his empire. Most nights he worked throughout the night and into the morning and his wife literally fed him his breakfast before work.

I want to do this but I also think there is a need in everyones life for balance even while your creating / building.

What is your opinion?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Rickson9

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Sep 4, 2010
Canada
It depends on the individual's personality. Some are more/less driven than others. Some have more/less ability than others.

Speaking for myself, I don't have it in me to put in the necessary work to become a successful entrepreneur, which is why I'm an investor.

Best regards.

John C.

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Jun 5, 2011
New Orleans, LA
Billy,

We generally think that it is the amount of time we put into any project that determines our results. But Jim Loehr, the author of The Power of Full Engagement has a slightly different take on things. He says it is the energy we put into our projects, not the time that matters. If you stop to think about the concept, it makes sense.

Studies have shown that our productivity drops the more hours we work. We all have natural body cycles - some of us are morning people and some are late night folks.

I would suggest you read Jim's book or at least spend some time reading some of the reviews. You can read a dozen of so reviews and get a general idea of what he is talking about. His mission in life is to help folks get the most results for their efforts. And one of his strong beliefs is that you must build in recovery periods. You can wear yourself out going full steam ahead.

Here is a link to my review of his book. But read a few others. If you find them helpful and want more info, I am sure you can pick up the book used for less that list price.

Amazon.com: John Chancellor "Mentor coach, www.teachthesoul.com"'s review of The Power of Full Engagement: Managing Ene...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.