The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

When in doubt, liquidate

Anything related to matters of the mind

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
No, not your business.

Your shit.

I used to take pride in having a bookshelf full of books I would partially read and then stick them next to other books of a similar size. They're loads of fun to carry when moving as well.

Like I'm really going to read about Microeconomics again.

I liked that I had an old school gaming system (Super Nintendo)...even if I never played it.

I liked having a bunch of microphones and other music equipment collection dust and being used as decorative pieces.

What I like even more is that I have a few hundred dollars worth of books up for sale on Amazon, a few hundred dollars worth of video games up for sale on Amazon, and a few thousand dollars worth of electronics up for sale on Amazon.

I've replaced my shelves of books with shelves of padded envelopes and packing labels.

I guess what I'm really trying to do is get rid of all the clutter that I've held onto for so long. $2,000 to experiment with in a new endeavor does a lot better than 2,000lbs of paper and plastic.

Feels good man.

BTW, anyone want to buy a collection of Computer Music and Future Music magazines? April '12 to October '13

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
I'm getting rid of a lof of stuff right now too but I'm too busy to sell it so I just throw it away :eek:

D

DeletedUser394

I'm the master at this. Nearly at monk level of physical possessions. Even now, every day I take at least one thing and give it away. (usually just leave whatever it is in the lobby and someone invariably takes it).

The end goal is just to see how far I can take it. I've already passed what most people would consider insane. So why stop now :D

AntEmpire

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jan 4, 2015
No, not your business.

Your shit.

I used to take pride in having a bookshelf full of books I would partially read and then stick them next to other books of a similar size. They're loads of fun to carry when moving as well.

Like I'm really going to read about Microeconomics again.

I liked that I had an old school gaming system (Super Nintendo)...even if I never played it.

I liked having a bunch of microphones and other music equipment collection dust and being used as decorative pieces.

What I like even more is that I have a few hundred dollars worth of books up for sale on Amazon, a few hundred dollars worth of video games up for sale on Amazon, and a few thousand dollars worth of electronics up for sale on Amazon.

I've replaced my shelves of books with shelves of padded envelopes and packing labels.

I guess what I'm really trying to do is get rid of all the clutter that I've held onto for so long. $2,000 to experiment with in a new endeavor does a lot better than 2,000lbs of paper and plastic.

Feels good man.

BTW, anyone want to buy a collection of Computer Music and Future Music magazines? April '12 to October '13

You sound like me. I've been cutting my stuff lose on eBay and Craigslist for the past year. Still got a box of books and CDs to work through when I return to the states next year.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I'm getting rid of a lof of stuff right now too but I'm too busy to sell it so I just throw it away :eek:

I just donated a few thousand dollars worth of children's toys this week for this reason.

The kid's really got into it too - I thought they'd want to keep everything but they actually said "give it to another boy or girl" for 90% of their old toys. I was seriously impressed. Hopefully my hatred for hoarding is rubbing off on them at a young age :)

Waisec

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Feb 6, 2014
Estonia
Did the same, decided to get rid of half of the stuff in my flat a few months back. Carried all of it next to the dumpster outside. It was all gone within 30 minutes

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
You sound like me. I've been cutting my stuff lose on eBay and Craigslist for the past year. Still got a box of books and CDs to work through when I return to the states next year.
It's nice, taking a daily trip to the post office to drop off a few packages. I'm in no rush to get rid of things, but it sure is fine seeing that a $50 video game I've never played is getting shipped out. That's a few clicks worth of advertising!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.