The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What's your Morning Routine?

Anything related to matters of the mind

SwissTuxedo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Dec 8, 2016
Hello All,

I'm curious to know, especially those who consider themselves successful entrepreuneurs.

What's your Morning Routine like ?

When do you wake up ? What's the first thing you do ? Do you Meditate or Listen to Music ? Go on a Run or lift weights?

And more importantly, how are you able to consistently wake up at the same time and do the same thing every day ?

Thanks,
ST

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
And more importantly, how are you able to consistently wake up at the same time and do the same thing every day ?

Habit is the answer to this one, regardless of success level.

I can wake up at 5am every morning because I built a routine I enjoyed and worked for me and made it a habit.

For what it's worth, this is how I do it:

1. Set your house thermostat so the house is damn comfy when you wake up. This likely means setting it to start getting comfy an hour before you wake up. Luckily this is a "do it once and forget about it" fix if you have a programmable one.
2. Set your coffee maker to have a pot ready for you when you wake up. The smell of coffee in the house is awesome in the morning and knowing it's sitting there waiting for you makes it REALLY easy to go get it.
3. Go to bed early enough to get a proper amount of sleep (7 hours for me on average)
4. Set a single alarm. Not two, not 5, not 12. One. Now put your phone/alarm across the room.
5. Wake up, turn off your phone, go get a cup of coffee, tada.

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
Up at 5am 7 days a week here too. In the office by 6am at the very latest (except Sundays)

My commute is a whole 7 minutes, so that helps haha.

Usually in bed at about 10pm, so 7 hours.

It helps if you can sleep well to begin with. That's something I struggle with...

Things that help:

A DARK room (I even throw a cloth over the alarm clock to block the light)

Heated blanket instead of forced air heat

No electronics an hour before bed

Go to bed physically tired (I lift late at night, like 9pm)

Use mint flavored toothpaste in the morning, use a non-mint flavor at night. This helps "cue" your body that it is time to sleep. (I use orange flavor)

Sincerely no offense meant here @SwissTuxedo , but I usually assume that if someone struggles getting up in the AM, it's because they have a bad attitude and just don't "want" too get up early. Ya know?

Have a reason to get up (life is good!), make positive choices regarding health and sleeping well, and it shouldn't be hard, really.

becks22

90% coffee, 10% everything else
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Jul 6, 2016
Upstate NY
I haven't used an alarm clock in about a year. I now wake up naturally around the same time everyday at the end of a REM cycle. It's usually around 6 give or take 15 minutes or so. It's nice to wake up on my own instead of a beep beep beep..

I also have been sleeping with the blinds open so when I wake up, I get the sun through my window. I open them at the very last minute before I go to sleep.

I work from home so I wake up, put on a put of coffee, make my bed, and get dressed (which is basically into yoga pants and workout clothes but clean clothes nonetheless) and then get to work.

I eat breakfast around coffee # 4 about 9am. The only thing I dislike about my morning is that I would prefer to workout in the morning but my workload is very morning heavy since I have a few clients overseas that send me work in the middle of the night that is time sensitive so I start it asap and then workout around 4pm towards the end of my day.

I just think consistency is the key to anything. Getting a sleep schedule will really help since it trains your body so you don't feel so tired all the time.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
I turn my phone on "do not disturb" to ensure nothing wakes me up before i naturally wake up.

No alarm - i open the southern-facing blinds to let the sun wake me up at the prompt hour of 10:30 am. Or noon:30.

I then go straight into meditation for all of 30 seconds before I get distracted and check my cell phone for the 15 messages that came in the night before.

After that I pull out the exercise bike and get a solid 25 second workout in before my stomach rumbles and I feel hungry.

On que, I go to the kitchen and make a green smoothie with kale, a frozen banana, strawberries and caocao nibs.

Upon finishing my green smoothie I see the English muffins and potato chips and devour them to quench my hunger before spending about 60 minutes in nature eyes buried in my cell phone checking the latest news from the fastlane forum and checking my email.

I spend 30 minutes manifesting abundance before spending the next 10 hours in front of my computer working, recording videos, writing content and finally getting to sleep at 2:30 in the morning.

Fortune5ive

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Feb 24, 2017
New Jersey
My hours are unpredictable but I generally wake up when my body does. I'm plaqued with being an early-bird and a night owl. I meditate for 10 mintutes followed by a spin class or running at my gym. I eat, groom...and start my day. I'm currently experiencing a creativity block so I've been frustrated lately but it will change. Keep my house clean and orderly at all times etc.

SwissTuxedo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Dec 8, 2016
I turn my phone on "do not disturb" to ensure nothing wakes me up before i naturally wake up.

No alarm - i open the southern-facing blinds to let the sun wake me up at the prompt hour of 10:30 am. Or noon:30.

I then go straight into meditation for all of 30 seconds before I get distracted and check my cell phone for the 15 messages that came in the night before.

After that I pull out the exercise bike and get a solid 25 second workout in before my stomach rumbles and I feel hungry.

On que, I go to the kitchen and make a green smoothie with kale, a frozen banana, strawberries and caocao nibs.

Upon finishing my green smoothie I see the English muffins and potato chips and devour them to quench my hunger before spending about 60 minutes in nature eyes buried in my cell phone checking the latest news from the fastlane forum and checking my email.

I spend 30 minutes manifesting abundance before spending the next 10 hours in front of my computer working, recording videos, writing content and finally getting to sleep at 2:30 in the morning.

Thank you for sharing. How do you go about Manifesting abundance ? And how is that different from the 30 second meditation you do beforehand?

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Thank you for sharing. How do you go about Manifesting abundance ? And how is that different from the 30 second meditation you do beforehand?
The 30 second meditation is a joke showing that I get distracted and don't actually meditate lol.

For the other part - I focus on my emotions of feeling grateful for "already having" whatever my 3-year goal is and it gets me in the emotional state and mindset congruent with being the person who already has it.

GoodluckChuck

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Feb 2, 2017
my house
I get up at 5am every day. It's mainly because I'm busy and have more stuff I want to do than I have time for. If I want to get stuff done I have to wake up early.

How I started this habit of getting up early was by figuring out what one long term habit would be most beneficial to the rest of my life. For me that habit was exercising once a day. That's the goal, just do it. No weight goals or anything, just that I have to do it once a day. Since I'm so busy, morning is my time for exercise.

By making it my top priority (it's all in your head) I wake up thinking that the only thing I really HAVE to do today is exercise. I don't think about the rest of the stuff until I'm completing my main goal. The difference between hitting snooze ten times and getting up and exercising is humongous. It makes me 100x more productive for the rest of the day.

This is what I found works best for me. If I wake up thinking about everything I have to do sometimes I just want to go back to sleep, so I just aim for one target. One thing at a time.

If you exercise first thing in the morning I guarantee it will have a resounding effect on everything else you do.

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
I spend 30 minutes manifesting abundance .

any kind of faith ( religious , personal , law of attraction or anything ) is the most important part of a daily routine in my opinion.

because it is a link to a superior power : the power of the mind, God, or anything in what you believe.

since the beginning of mankind, people have created rituals to help them against adversity : hunters in cave, cult followers and so on

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
the very first thing i do every morning is listening to this :

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jTHNBKjMBU

why ?

because the world we live in is so absurd that the only rational thing we can do about it is laughing out loud like we are watching a stupid cartoon

i have been studying manipulation and perversity at the society level for the last 10 years

this world is an absolute mess

and i am serious.

then i do my wake up productive program routine by eben pagan to build a strong innergame

here is a webinar about the program

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftc25bCl3mo

one of the thing you learn is doing that kind of things for your well being

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oT06UAzB8nk

Last edited:

Fpm9

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jul 27, 2017
Paris
Nothing fancy here.

I go to bet at 11 and wake up at 6 so I can get around 7 hours of sleep. Before going to bed I take a 15mg zinc pill and 500mg of l-tryptophan, this help me sleep better.

Then I wake up at 6, eat breakfast but avoid coffee. I prefer drinking coffee when I'm at my dayjob or when I work on my business.

I don't enjoy waking up this early, but its not too bad either ; On weekends I go to sleep a bit later and wake up at 8, I feel less tired.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.