The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What's wrong with my Offer? Help me Fix it

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
Hi guys,

I've written a ebook and I'm trying to promote it.

I can get traffic that seem to be very interested (I've had upto 53% even 80% CTR on my front landing page), but then when they click through to my offer page they don't click the "download" button to order the ebook for a misael $4.99!

What's wrong with them? Or whats wrong with my offer?

I've been targeting South Asian and UK people.

Please let me know what could be preventing them from buying. I'd like to hear from people with experience in selling ebooks. @MJ DeMarco

Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:
D

Deleted21961

Great. Very helpful. My site is awful, note taken.
You don't get it, really. The facts:

I know nothing about you. I certainly want to make money online.
I have clicked your link and seen your page.
Then I left, because it looks so shitty, that I know you know nothing about online business.
I think that could be a very common first impression.

But instead of thinking through it, you take it personally and stick to your "so what it looks shitty, it has great CTR".
Way to go.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
You don't get it, really. The facts:

I know nothing about you. I certainly want to make money online.
I have clicked your link and seen your page.
Then I left, because it looks so shitty, that I know you know nothing about online business.
I think that could be a very common first impression.

But instead of thinking through it, you take it personally and stick to your "so what it looks shitty, it has great CTR".
Way to go.

So having a pretty website is a prerequisite for making money?

I guess a site like Craigslist must not be making any money then.

BTW... the CTR I am talking about is not from banners to the landing page, its from the landing page to the offer page.

My thought, (because I have actually thought it through - mister wise a$$) is if the landing page is so awful then would they not leave before they clicked to the offer page? I mean obviously its soooo awful, why bother even clicking on to the next page?

Now, maybe I am wrong and you are right. I am willing to accept that. So can you show me your landing page so I can see what a good looking lander should look like?

Thanks

royalflush

warp 9
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Jun 20, 2014
Here are my pointers:
  • Your website should have margins. It's harder to read if it's not in block text
  • The body is not formatted properly
  • You have too many URLs on your offer page. The visitor tends to click away from your offer
  • The headline and footer graphics that you are using are unnecessary. You want them to focus on your copy, not on distracting graphics
  • The copy on your offer page is awful - it's not cohesive. There are too many disconnects.
Read Every Single Word on This Page
it Could Just Change Your Life!
(change my life? in what way? finance, relationship? it's not specific)

Your bullet points do not peek interest

2 FREE Models from the eBook (you haven't even got them curious, and you're already giving them a peak of your book) (Also, this is a bad headline)

royalflush

warp 9
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Jun 20, 2014

BTW... the CTR I am talking about is not from banners to the landing page, its from the landing page to the offer page.

My thought, (because I have actually thought it through - mister wise a$$) is if the landing page is so awful then would they not leave before they clicked to the offer page? I mean obviously its soooo awful, why bother even clicking on to the next page?

Now, maybe I am wrong and you are right. I am willing to accept that. So can you show me your landing page so I can see what a good looking lander should look like?

Thanks

The guy is helping you out. You don't have to be defensive. Craigslist is an ad posting website, yours is not.

Your CTR doesn't matter if you're not making sales. Look at the Conversion Rate not the Click Through Rate.

Why would he give you his landing page? He doesn't even know you. You might rip him off.

D

Deleted21961

Thanks
No, it has not to be pretty, it may be just decent. But yours looks amateur, especially with shitty domain name.

Btw. I would too click further to see your offer, but not to buy it, more to just see how much do you want for your pro ebook. And then I see 34 pages for 5$ and it makes me thinking that it's just scam. And what are your credentials? How many millions did you do by proving your business models? If it is so valuable knowledge, then why do you share it for 5$?

Last edited by a moderator:

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
My first thing is blocks of text! I didn't really want to look at it longer than a few seconds. He is right, there is nothing drawing my attention to stay on your site or buy. I might arrive there, but it's not customer friendly. I'm just learning myself, but vision is the first sense people use. If it's not attractive, clean, and at least eye friendly, I'm not sure they would buy.

wilddog

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto

One, because Craigslist has been around forever and from a usability standpoint you should never change what people are used to. Two, its free!! I'll eat a lame walmart burger with no toppings and on a paper plate if it's free. But if I'm paying a single cent for that burger then it sure as hell better look and taste like it came from heaven.

Calm down. There's nothing more irritating than asking for help and snapping back at commentary, especially on this forum.
You are in a VERY crowded niche where standards are set VERY high. Your website, landers, copy, visuals all need to be of the highest caliber. Unfortunately, your LP and offer page seem quite weak. Your offer page has little formatting and essentially is a wall-of-text that immediately makes me want to close the page. Your only visuals are 2 cars and a girl holding a gun (really?). No one needs so show you what their lander or a good lander looks like because a few types on google will give you MORE than enough information.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Nobody trusts you

They are interested in the offe but you have not created enough trust or credibility for them to pay you

Your site is the main reason for this

After reading TMF and posting on the forums since 2012 you decided to sell a $5 make money online ebook?

Try selling it on Amazon, it will help with the trust issues and they will format your copy much better than your ugly website

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
The guy is helping you out. You don't have to be defensive. Craigslist is an ad posting website, yours is not.

Your CTR doesn't matter if you're not making sales. Look at the Conversion Rate not the Click Through Rate.

Why would he give you his landing page? He doesn't even know you. You might rip him off.
No he is not, he is being an a$$ hole.

Frankly he can do one. Little prick.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
Nobody trusts you

They are interested in the offer but you have not created enough trust or credibility for them to pay you

Your site is the main reason for this

After reading TMF and posting on the forums since 2012 you decided to sell a $5 make money online ebook?

Try selling it on Amazon, it will help with the trust issues and they will format your copy much better than your ugly website

I'm selling it for $5 because I am buying PPV traffic... cold traffic like that will not buy higher priced items. Perhaps I need to position a little better. I figured $5 would be chump change so they would not think twice about it... guess people are more stinge than that :p jk

Thanks for your feedback.

SGBoise

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Jan 21, 2014
I would put a little more margins around the page. The text are touching the side of the browser.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
One, because Craigslist has been around forever and from a usability standpoint you should never change what people are used to. Two, its free!! I'll eat a lame walmart burger with no toppings and on a paper plate if it's free. But if I'm paying a single cent for that burger then it sure as hell better look and taste like it came from heaven.

Calm down. There's nothing more irritating than asking for help and snapping back at commentary, especially on this forum.
You are in a VERY crowded niche where standards are set VERY high. Your website, landers, copy, visuals all need to be of the highest caliber. Unfortunately, your LP and offer page seem quite weak. Your offer page has little formatting and essentially is a wall-of-text that immediately makes me want to close the page. Your only visuals are 2 cars and a girl holding a gun (really?). No one needs so show you what their lander or a good lander looks like because a few types on google will give you MORE than enough information.

There was not a wall of text.

It looked more like this before

http://i.imgur.com/sUA6W4U.jpg

The girl at the bottom is also for split-testing purposes, she was not there before. I'll find another female.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
Here are my pointers:
  • Your website should have margins. It's harder to read if it's not in block text
  • The body is not formatted properly
  • You have too many URLs on your offer page. The visitor tends to click away from your offer
  • The headline and footer graphics that you are using are unnecessary. You want them to focus on your copy, not on distracting graphics
  • The copy on your offer page is awful - it's not cohesive. There are too many disconnects.
Read Every Single Word on This Page
it Could Just Change Your Life!
(change my life? in what way? finance, relationship? it's not specific)

Your bullet points do not peek interest

2 FREE Models from the eBook (you haven't even got them curious, and you're already giving them a peak of your book) (Also, this is a bad headline)

Would this be a better Title: "Read Every Single Word on This Page... and finally fix your money problems!" ?
Yeah... my HTML skills could be better. I'll see what I can do about that.

I want them to know they are still on the same website (i.e Maintaining scent) - but maybe I'll find a less distracting footer.

Hmmm... not sure how I can improve the offer copy.

D

Deleted21961

No he is not, he is being an a$$ hole.

Frankly he can do one. Little prick.
100k is driving on a highway and listens to radio.
-- Warning, fellow drivers, there is a prick running wrong way!
100k looks around and yells:
-- One prick? They are everywhere!

------
So, you need my landing page? Maybe you hire someone who can design one for you. You know so many profitable business models, you surely can afford great one.
Seriously? Guy fails to sell *valuable* book about selling and even doesn't know what price to set.

Joe Cassandra

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
509%
Jul 25, 2013
Woodstock, GA
As mentioned above, the "making money online" niche is beyond saturated. They all quote the same thing you do "there's been 1000s of millionaires created online since 2000 etc." that everyone's heard it. Problem is you say that then you say "start making 5k a month i.e. 60k a year". That's like saying "Every CEO in US makes 10MM before bonuses! Here's a job as the janitor." Not very convincing. This also means you're peddling this to poor people, which means some will take advantage of your 2x the money back because some people are that cheap.

The copy text needs to be shrunk, it's a $5 e-book, you don't need a 10,000 word copy page. Put a picture of yourself, a little background. To be honest, it reads pretty scammy, perhaps have a case study or two. Add a video you put together something to break up the text.

Reading the 2 Free Models you give away probably isn't going to help. Selling a templated app for hundreds of dollars will not yield very happy customers nor is it easy to sell apps to businesses as "Apps are in". That business has been hit up 100 times before you even have sent them the letter. It's the same when I hire someone for a logo on Odesk and I get back a clip art image, I wouldn't be happy nor would use them again.

You're maybe better off giving away the book as a tripwire and then see if you can get consulting out of it. Just looking at your 2 examples, it is easy to tell that you wrote it in 10 minutes. At least get a pretty link to shorten those URL examples for app templates, those look pretty bad....(http://codecanyon.net/item/premium-...m&WT.seg_1=category_item&WT.z_author=jodevapp) Never put a link like this in any book

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
Alright, changed the title + footer image + formatted the text a little (hopefully it does not go all the way to the side now).

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
100k is driving on a highway and listens to radio.
-- Warning, fellow drivers, there is a prick running wrong way!
100k looks around and yells:
-- One prick? They are everywhere!

------
So, you need my landing page? Maybe you hire someone who can design one for you. You know so many profitable business models, you surely can afford great one.
Seriously? Guy fails to sell *valuable* book about selling and even doesn't know what price to set.

Watch out... we got a bad a$$ over here...

Why don't you sod off. Go do some work, ay kid?

You are not wanted here... quit being so desperate and just get lost.

royalflush

warp 9
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Jun 20, 2014
Would this be a better Title: "Read Every Single Word on This Page... and finally fix your money problems!" ?
Yeah... my HTML skills could be better. I'll see what I can do about that.

I want them to know they are still on the same website (i.e Maintaining scent) - but maybe I'll find a less distracting footer.

Hmmm... not sure how I can improve the offer copy.

Still doesn't hit a nerve buddy. It's too generic.

It has to be specific, and it has to peek curiosity.

I'm going to give a few examples off the top of my head, and you just inject your own sauce in them:

"18 y/o Kid Shares How He Made $XX,XXX from Helping Realtors Double Their Commissions in a Month"
"College Dropout Buys a House for His Mom After Making $X,XXX Selling Beauty Products"
"100 People Have Used [X Product]. Every One of Them Made More Than $X,XXX. Who Else Wants to Join Us?"

Please DO NOT invent your headlines. The bullshit radar goes up when you lie to prospects. These are only examples. Use your own background please.

royalflush

warp 9
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Jun 20, 2014
The Make Money Online industry is filled with scammers so you have to really up your game a little.

Be the honest one among the bunch. Do what other people aren't doing. Show them your bank account, Show a video of yourself buying a house with the money you earned.

Show them a live video of how you close deals.

Last edited:

Pupper Master

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Jun 14, 2014
Mate, what's the point in starting a thread if you're going to be a smart-a$$ to the people who want to help you. This is 2014 not a lot of people fall for "make money online" scheme. And to be honest, if you can't even make a proper landing page, you shouldn't be teaching people how to make money in the first place. Secondly no one is going to believe they can make thousands of $$ with a book they bought for 5$, people aren't stupid as you think they are. No one is going to give you 5$ for a list you can easily find on IM forums. As well, your choice in targeting south asia is pretty dumb, because some people earn that money in a day. If you really want to see some conversions, you'd be better off targeting America, Canada, etc. because of their buying beliefs.
Also it's pretty unreal to get 50-80% CTR with PPV traffic. You're probably getting bot traffic, that's why you're not seeing any conversions.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
First of all, I thanked those people that were genuinely trying to help me.

I was being a smart a$$ to those pricks that were talking like smart-asses to me.

The cost of a ebook and what you can learn from that book don't have an automatic correlation.

I've read ebooks that were being sold for $97 that had less value than ebooks you could get for free or $7. So kindly shut up with your nonsensical comments.

There are countries in south Asia that have higher GDP per capita than US, CA and UK... and I was not only targeting south asia - I did target a UK country too.

Lastly, if its all bot traffic smart a$$, then I would have seen the same sort of CTR for the other landing pages in other niches/verticals I've been testing.

Hopefully you can see that I am not really intr. in taking your advice and I question what qualifies you to even give me advice (have you written ebooks and promoted them successfully?) . If you want to come here and start attacking me, kindly just stfu and leave my thread. Those that have decent advice to give without being an a$$ about it or without attacking me are free to make comments... everyone else can do one YOU included.

-_- Facking noobs want to act like they know everything.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.