The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

what's are your unconventional ways to protect yourself against inflation?

Anything related to investing, including crypto

MaxT

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Oct 22, 2020
France

How are you protecting yourself against inflation?​

Since you're speaking in an unconventional way, I'm not going to talk about investments, but I'm investing in the stock market and crypto for short.
Otherwise, at the moment I am very interested in this winter, that is to say in reducing the heating bill.
For this I found a few little tips and tricks: reflective panels behind my radiators, bubble wrap on the window to insulate, door draft excluders (block fresh outside air), insulate the hot water tank (to be checked if really useful for a new one).
I will try to tinker with a system to collect the cold water from the shower too.
On the other hand look at the prices per kilo on food.
If you have any tips, don't hesitate to tell us here :)

K1 Lambo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Oct 11, 2021
Oslo

How are you protecting yourself against inflation?​

Unpopular opinion: Buy exotic cars and Porsche 911s.

Limited edition exotic cars' prices have been going through the roof. Back when the Lamborghini Aventador SVJ Roadster was released in 2019, it had a sticker price of $517,770. Today, these cars sell for around $900k and up, some sell for $1.1m. Now, these are limited edition Lamborghinis, 900 models for the regular SVJ and 800 for the SVJ Roadster.

Same deal with limited edition Ferraris. When Ferrari releases a new limited edition Ferrari(aka F12 tdf, LaFerrari, 812 Competizione, Monza SP1 etc), you need to show ownership of 7 Ferraris before you're invited to that club. This shows brand loyalty and lets them know that you value their cars. The demand for these cars is insane and when they go for sale, they sell very quickly. For instance, the F12 tdf had a sticker price of around $500,000(plus/minus options), today they sell for over $1.2m on Autotrader. And the best part is, you can drive them too.

HONORABLE MENTION: The new Ford GT is also scarce, hence the prices have gone up too. Very difficult to get a hand on one of these nowadays. GT had a sticker price of $500k when new, now it's worth over $1.1m on average.

So yes, exotic cars can be a unconventional way to not only protect your money, but also enjoy it and sell the car/s if you want to. Exotic cars are definitely worth the money, probably the only thing that doesn't get boring when you have money is fast cars. Every car is a different experience.

Porsche 911s are good too(any model really, 991s, 992s, 997 etc). Excellent value for the money. Comfy for long drives and speed to beat 99% of the cars on the road.

EDIT: G wagons are excellent too because they're tax exempt(Section 179), they weigh over 6,000 pounds which means you can write them off on your K1 return. Plus, they hold their value extremely well.

Last edited:

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
629%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Doubling your company size and profit each year.

Double customers, keep margins the same.

It doesn't matter if currency takes a shit. Pay me in whatever is used to represent value at the time. Value is universal. Dollars are relative.

I get dollars and instantly trade them away to grow my machine of value creation. Rinse and repeat.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.