The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What would you have majored in?

Charmed Angel

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Sep 27, 2007
Tucson & Pittsburgh
When I was in HS I had a plan to go to College for Architectural Engineering. I liked Architecture a lot and knew that the Engineering part would add to the paycheck.
Well, I decided not to go to college, and a couple of months ago I was forced to think about why I didn't when a friend asked me about it. Plain and simple, I just didn't want to be dependent on my parents anymore. Kinda a dumb reason huh. I moved out when I turned 18 and worked my way up the ladder in Wendy's (insert fast food joke here lol) I was 25 and making 42k /yr when I decided I wanted more, so I quit and moved 2000 miles away and became self employed. But more about that later and back on topic.

I find it interesting that I am in the business of remodeling homes now, whereas if I had gotten a degree in Architectural engineering I would be designing new homes. Basically I'm going in the same direction, I've just decided to take a different path.

If I could do it all over again, I don't know if I would change a thing. I might not have the entrepreneurial mindset that I have now. My mindset was developed by the places I've been and the people I know.

But now that I have this mindset I would recommend finding something that you are passionate about and study it, whether it's teaching yourself or going to school. If I knew I would have this same mindset and be the person that I am today, I would change my past and go to college for Architectural Engineering and also business, because that's what I'm passionate about. Had I done this, who knows, I might be steps ahead of the game by now.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.