The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What would you do with 20k??

Anything related to matters of the mind

Ryan Howard

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Mar 10, 2015
What's up everyone. I'm currently in the process of reading MJ's book. And like everyone here I'm trying to make my way to the fast lane. I recently got into some trouble and I'm going to have to deal with a minor set back for a year while my license is suspended. I'm planning to use this year to stack up as much money as I can and dial my focus in on a single project to start. Before I found this forum and started reading some past posts, I've figured out that in the past I have definitely been trying to focus on too many thing at one time and because of that I stayed stationary while not being able to make up my mind. Im looking to change all that and I was just wondering if anyone were to start up a new venture with 20k what would it be? I'm currently looking into business opportunities in the 3d printing field. But my mind could change once I get done with the book and take in all the information there is to.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
I would buy Peeps.

peeps__140422233738.jpg

A lot of Peeps.

But seriously, you should check the INE section of this forum. It's a whole list of ideas in need of an executioner.

TheTruth

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Feb 13, 2012
Toronto/Scottsdale
Write down what you want, (check this post: http://foreverjobless.com/how-to-change-your-life-this-year-by-accomplishing-any-goal-you-want/ as reference)

Don't force anything just because you are excited by the new information you have been given. It will come from the wrong place (urgency for your own goals vs. filling a real need)

Take your time, write your ideas down, brainstorm and something will be an "ah-ha" moment"

What's up everyone. I'm currently in the process of reading MJ's book. And like everyone here I'm trying to make my way to the fast lane. I recently got into some trouble and I'm going to have to deal with a minor set back for a year while my license is suspended. I'm planning to use this year to stack up as much money as I can and dial my focus in on a single project to start. Before I found this forum and started reading some past posts, I've figured out that in the past I have definitely been trying to focus on too many thing at one time and because of that I stayed stationary while not being able to make up my mind. Im looking to change all that and I was just wondering if anyone were to start up a new venture with 20k what would it be? I'm currently looking into business opportunities in the 3d printing field. But my mind could change once I get done with the book and take in all the information there is to.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Last edited:

Journey2Million$

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Jan 3, 2015
I would hire 100 people to go dumpster diving for me for minimum wage.
I'd be a dumpster diving mogul or magnate.
OH dang I just let slip my million dollar idea.

EvanOkanagan

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Aug 2, 2013
If I were a financial guru I'd tell you to invest that $20,000 today at an exceptionally high average interest rate of 8.5%/year and you'll have just over a million dollars in 50 years.

Journey2Million$

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Jan 3, 2015
Your question is just way too difficult to answer. Building a business tends to be very complicated, so how are we supposed to give you a quick and simple, guaranteed way to start a successful business for $20K? I think your question would be better answered by doing a google search. Also I'm not accustomed to spending a lot of money on business because I just do business on the internet, which is usually pretty cheap to do. I don't need $20K for doing business on the internet. If I used $20K to start a brick & mortar business, I'd have to think really long and hard about it and do a lot of research.

Another thing: Building a successful business is primarily about your knowledge, experience, skills, capabilities, and talents. It's not primarily about how much money you have to spend. Someone with a tremendous amount of business experience & talent could build a huge business starting with $20K. But most people would probably lose it all. I've heard of multiple people who built big businesses starting with only $100.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.